Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do I keep seeing the #11

bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

This all started about a week ago and every day at least 3 times a day when I look at my digital clock it has the minute of 11..Either 9:11 11:11 2:11 3:11 4:11 6:11 etc. etc.

I don't get it. I am perfectly sane and have been undergoing some medical issues lately but that's all. I been dizzy and lightheaded for 2months now and seeing a neurologist about my head issues. I am worried about this because every time I look at the time it is got the minutes in 11.

Also my digital is not near where I can subconsciously see the time and say to my brain look at the time now it is 3:11. It is driving me a little nuts trying to figure it out because there is no way I should see the minutes at 11 every time I look at the time. At least 3 times a day when I look. Freaking me out man lol.

Anyone else had this problem before?

Comments

• cornoffcobcornoffcob Member Posts: 860

...Nope.

Somebody's fruitloops.

I hope some day we can all put aside our racisms and prejudices and just laugh at people

• epoxxepoxx Member Posts: 52

ZOMFG the same exact thing is happening to me !! but its been happening for about a year, one of my local friends told me this was happening to him as well. so wierd. i have no idea why this happens

edit: i just looked at the clock a few seconds ago and it said '6:11 PM' . . . .

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by epoxx

ZOMFG the same exact thing is happening to me !! but its been happening for about a year, one of my local friends told me this was happening to him as well. so wierd. i have no idea why this happens

edit: i just looked at the clock a few seconds ago and it said '6:11 PM' . . . .
    Your message was edited at 3:11 PM. Run, they're after you.

People who see these " strange occurrences" see them because they're looking for them. Not supernatural or freaky at all, unless you become obsessed enough to write about them in forums.

• bezadobezado Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    Originally posted by Zorvan

People who see these " strange occurrences" see them because they're looking for them. Not supernatural or freaky at all, unless you become obsessed enough to write about them in forums.

But it is so weird. How do you explain then everytime I look at the clock it is the 11 minute on everytime I look? I look maybe only 3 times a day at the clock and see that everytime. If my mind was looking for that then I would agree if when I looked for the number but not out of the blue hours later when I look at the time and it always shows for example 6:11 3:11 11:11 9:11.....................

• epoxxepoxx Member Posts: 52

6:11 for me, 3:11 for you. but i dont get it, im not looking for the #11

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

6:11 for me, 3:11 for you. but i dont get it, im not looking for the #11

It's contagious....sorry, it is too late for you but not for everyone else.

My solution to your issue would take about one minute, maybe two if you want to be safe.  Next time to look at the clock it will be ending with :11...look away immediately and about 1-2 minutes later look back, you will break your streak and go on living your life like a normal abnormal person.  Don't try and peek early though cause you will end up seeing those :11 staring back at you and you will reeaally think you are going crazy.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• ...wasn't this a movie?

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by Sawtooth

...wasn't this a movie?
    Yep.

imdb.com/title/tt0481369/plotsummary

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

Spooky...  By the time I post this message it will be 11:11 am on the last day of the 11'th month here.

• morphinekissmorphinekiss Member Posts: 9

Get over it. Stop checking the time so frequently.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by morphinekiss

Your a part of it now whether you like it or not, you joined this month (November)....11th month.  Your doomed too.

• lisaxunlisaxun Member Posts: 2

It was a movie

• ZikielZikiel Member Posts: 1,138

True.. but in #23, he kept forming 23 out of all sorts of formulae and equations and stuff.. Seems like a weird coincedence, I used to have a compulsion to have to watch clocks change from x:59 to the next hour.

Originally posted by Flem

Originally posted by morphinekiss

Your a part of it now whether you like it or not, you joined this month (November)....11th month.  Your doomed too.

yea i guess ur right

• RittoRitto Member Posts: 191

That is very weird, However... I dont know of the number 11 to be unlucky or anything it would be much weirder if you looked at the time and it 6hours 6minutes 6 seconds but since 11 isnt known to be a unlucky (as far as i know) number its probably nothing.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    Originally posted by bezado

This all started about a week ago and every day at least 3 times a day when I look at my digital clock it has the minute of 11..Either 9:11 11:11 2:11 3:11 4:11 6:11 etc. etc.
    I don't get it. I am perfectly sane and have been undergoing some medical issues lately but that's all. I been dizzy and lightheaded for 2months now and seeing a neurologist about my head issues. I am worried about this because every time I look at the time it is got the minutes in 11.
    Also my digital is not near where I can subconsciously see the time and say to my brain look at the time now it is 3:11. It is driving me a little nuts trying to figure it out because there is no way I should see the minutes at 11 every time I look at the time. At least 3 times a day when I look. Freaking me out man lol.
    Anyone else had this problem before?

Heheh. Actually I've experienced the same thing in the past; not with 11 necessarily but with repetitions of numbers. The ones that stand out in my mind are 3:33 and 5:55. I notice 5:55 a lot more than any other repetition. I just noticed it yesterday actually, but the cooincidence is usually less so than yours.

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Yup, Ive been waking up to get a drink of water for 20 years now at exactly 11:11 every night. Generally this can be explain away due to the circadian rhythm though. Humans tend to repeat patterns and every so often youll meet people with your rhythm.

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I'm seeing 55....but 11 goes into 55!

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Well, looks like the #11 is quite significant.  Heres something i found on the 9/11 attack revolving around the #11.

The date of the attack: 9/11 - 9 + 1 + 1 = 11

September 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11

After September 11th there are 111 days left to the end of the year.

119 is the area code to Iraq/Iran. 1 + 1 + 9 = 11

Twin Towers - standing side by side look like the number 11

The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11

State of New York - The 11th State added to the Union

New York City - 11 Letters

Afghanistan - 11 Letters

The Pentagon - 11 Letters

Ramzi Yousef - 11 Letters (convicted or orchestrating the attack at the WTC in 1993)

Flight 11 - 92 on board - 9 + 2 = 11

Flight 77 - 65 on board - 6 + 5 = 11

• RittoRitto Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by Flem

Well, looks like the #11 is quite significant.  Heres something i found on the 9/11 attack revolving around the #11.
    The date of the attack: 9/11 - 9 + 1 + 1 = 11

September 11th is the 254th day of the year: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11

After September 11th there are 111 days left to the end of the year.

119 is the area code to Iraq/Iran. 1 + 1 + 9 = 11

Twin Towers - standing side by side look like the number 11

The first plane to hit the towers was Flight 11

State of New York - The 11th State added to the Union

New York City - 11 Letters

Afghanistan - 11 Letters

The Pentagon - 11 Letters

Ramzi Yousef - 11 Letters (convicted or orchestrating the attack at the WTC in 1993)

Flight 11 - 92 on board - 9 + 2 = 11

Flight 77 - 65 on board - 6 + 5 = 11

wow... that is a lot of number 11's :)

seems more then a conicidence to me but according to that website

number 11 is ment to bring new beginnings etc.

So why does the 9/11 attacks relate to it so much?

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

It means you've been Joslo'ed.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by Ginaz

It means you've been Joslo'ed.

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAAAA

Absolutely.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

I used to have a Birthmark that looked like 3 sixes in my scalp till it got burnt off by accident.

Does that count?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.