Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Lord , They Opened up General ?!

JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

You have to excuse me as I have not been allow to post ( and I am suprised that I am allowed now) for 120 days  - Super Ban!   Alot has occured ,no need to remind the folks here. By this time next year  , I do beleive that there will be a true course to my return to a Star Wars MMO. Can't say which, Galaxies or Knights .It depends on who has the goods.   Until such time , I remain a hobbit on LOTRO. Try it for free and come over to my server.

Unaware of the Jestor?
http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

Comments

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

Welcome back Jestor.

I gotta admit the forums are much funnier when you're around.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

Thanks for the respect , Sunroc. but as I have mentioned in my blog  things have gotten a little one sided on my dismissal ( Now I have to admit , I ask for the last one ).  Recently it was posted on a non biased board that things are getting a little better. If this is a sign then I approve.

Unaware of the Jestor?

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

This is the Current forum renamed as General. 

Originally posted by Obraik

Allow me to believe that the Current was deleted and General was reinstated. It sound better that way - alot better.

Unaware of the Jestor?

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Allow me to believe that the Current was deleted and General was reinstated. It sound better that way - alot better.

I think Obraik is wrong here and they did here a merge of the old General and the posts of the Current , Current had something like 10.000 posts and in no way 98.000+ posts. General was locked so it makes perfectly sense then no posts from general appear on the first  pages except of the stickies from the General of course. But 80.000 posts from PRE NGE are somewhere here :D

To shorten it  i believe they simply put posts from Current into General because Current has become obsolete.

Oh and welcome back  Jestor :)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

I think Obraik is wrong here and they did here a merge of the old General and the posts of the Current , Current had something like 10.000 posts and in no way 98.000+ posts. General was locked so it makes perfectly sense then no posts from general appear on the first  pages except of the stickies from the General of course. But 80.000 posts from PRE NGE are somewhere here :D

To shorten it  i believe they simply put posts from Current into General because Current has become obsolete.

I think I am going to cry...thanks!

Unaware of the Jestor?

• SinisterCBSinisterCB Member Posts: 302

Heya Jester!!!!  I get to post too!!!!  LOL Welcome back! I got banned some time ago for some lame reason I can't remember. They changed alot on this site...Looks good now. What server you on on LOTRO? I played at the beginning but quickly ran out of content.

"I'm not a racist...I only hate stupid people..."-SinisterCB

• GorairGorair Member Posts: 959

im pretty sure they merged the general with current b/c it didnt look good to SOE that the vet gripe page had 3x the post of the current threads. now it looks like the normal " we love the game everythings ok here , im fine , how are you?" posts out number our grumpy vet posts 3 to 1.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

LOL all they have to do is read the swg boards to see its not.......

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Originally posted by Obraik This is the Current forum renamed as General. 

Well, at least MMORPG has the guts to do a merge. God knows SOE won't LOL!

• Daed710Daed710 Member Posts: 134

LOL, keep telling yourself that Obraik, might make ya feel a lil better 

Guess you guys must've been on an all night posting binge, to up the "current" forum post count by more than 80k posts, I applaud you all in your tremendous efforts!  /golfclap  /tossescookiee

Fact is, the "current" forum was merged into the old "general" forum, along with the "I, Jedi" forum I believe, same as the now ghosted SWG servers should be merged into the few populated ones they still have left.   But im sure youll find a way to spin this into a sign of how great the game is doing, your usually clever like that, i'll mail a fresh crate of turd polish over to SOE headquarters, maybe they can help you in your efforts

I /cheer the return of general!  /tipshat to mmorpg.com 

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now.
    We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

LOL as he dont have 80K posts it has to be a merger   

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Daed710

LOL, keep telling yourself that Obraik, might make ya feel a lil better 

Guess you guys must've been on an all night posting binge, to up the "current" forum post count by more than 80k posts, I applaud you all in your tremendous efforts!  /golfclap  /tossescookiee

Fact is, the "current" forum was merged into the old "general" forum, along with the "I, Jedi" forum I believe, same as the now ghosted SWG servers should be merged into the few populated ones they still have left.   But im sure youll find a way to spin this into a sign of how great the game is doing, your usually clever like that, i'll mail a fresh crate of turd polish over to SOE headquarters, maybe they can help you in your efforts

I /cheer the return of general!  /tipshat to mmorpg.com 

Wow, so I made a mistake, big deal?

I hadn't actually gone out to the front page for the SWG forums as I hadn't closed my browser in about a week so didn't see the increased post count.  Since all the topics on the front page were Current forum discussion, I had just assumed that was what happened.

We all make mistakes, Obraik. you are forgiven.  Speaking of mistakes , I best be going to the Vets forum. Thanks for the kind welcome back.

Jestor!

Unaware of the Jestor?

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

I was informed that SOE threatened to cut back the revenue (adds) if they didn't clean this up since the forum arraingment made SWG look as bad as it is.  Something about a disgruntled section having more posts then the supposed section for happy players to post.  Merging the servers artifically increased the appearance more players to posting. 

Kinda funny aint it?  Just means it's time for "vets" to start using the Generall section to ensure the first page is full enough info to "help" potential subscribers. 

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by mindspat

I was informed that SOE threatened to cut back the revenue (adds) if they didn't clean this up since the forum arraingment made SWG look as bad as it is.  Something about a disgruntled section having more posts then the supposed section for happy players to post.  Merging the servers artifically increased the appearance more players to posting. 
    Kinda funny aint it?  Just means it's time for "vets" to start using the Generall section to ensure the first page is full enough info to "help" potential subscribers. 

So when's the last time you've seen an SOE advertisement on MMORPG.com.  I've never seen one.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams

EQ2 on the mmorpg home page just today

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Well, shit through a goose!  Don't that beat all.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

We all make mistakes, Obraik. you are forgiven.  Speaking of mistakes , I best be going to the Vets forum. Thanks for the kind welcome back.

Jestor!

Please be swift, I don't think i could cope with you a few more minutes, thank-you, welcome back. { Mod Edit }

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly