Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pink couch

I just found out yesterday I can make different coloured furniture now! When did they bring that in? Was it an unadvertised feature of Chapter 7, of earlier than that?

Did anything else get new palettes?

Comments

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Chapter 6.8 (the big bug bash) introduced that.  I think most furniture items can now be coloured, but I'm not 100% sure on which are excluded since I don't have a Structures crafter.

• Couldn't you recolour items years ago. I remember colouring cloths when I was a player. Although now thinking about it that was cloths... I don't really remember creating furniture!

I do remember that you could recolour them before tho! maybe recolouring furniture is new then

You could always colour armour & clothing, but recolouring furniture was never possible.  Until 6.8 :)

• Originally posted by Obraik

You could always colour armour & clothing, but recolouring furniture was never possible.  Until 6.8 :)

There we go then  As I said I remember recolouring cloths and armour and such but never did build any furniture.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Tho it's just another feature that they found from the old game and enabled...

So it's nothing new really. Furniture WAS to be colorable in the old game, and they did make most of the coding for it.. It just got bumped off the list by all the crap jed3y3 and rewrites of the game.

I'm almost willing to bet that one of the next things you'll see is that the Imperial hat is colorable... and the hair changes color to the hair of your toon... Since it IS coded to work like that, just..oopsie bugged

imageThe last of the Trackers

• eRAZOR2007eRAZOR2007 Member Posts: 70

Originally posted by SaitanMar
    Couldn't you recolour items years ago. I remember colouring cloths when I was a player. Although now thinking about it that was cloths... I don't really remember creating furniture!I do remember that you could recolour them before tho! maybe recolouring furniture is new then image

Coloring furniture definitely sounds new to me. But then again I left SWG years ago.

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351
    Originally posted by wolfmann

So it's nothing new really. Furniture WAS to be colorable in the old game, and they did make most of the coding for it.. It just got bumped off the list by all the crap jed3y3 and rewrites of the game.

I'm almost willing to bet that one of the next things you'll see is that the Imperial hat is colorable... and the hair changes color to the hair of your toon... Since it IS coded to work like that, just..oopsie bugged

Coloring furniture is infact new and wasn't in the old version of the game.

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• DarkstryderDarkstryder Member Posts: 207

Not sure about colouring furniture being in pre-nge but Im pretty certain colouring armour was introduced after a patch that messed up everyones armour colour? Im sure I logged in and my armour was all grey or something when it used to be red, then a few days later I could change the colour to whatever colour I wanted. Then it never got removed as far as I can remember. Could be speaking crap, not sure.

Im talking 2003 or early 2004.

Originally posted by outlaw101

Wrong.

They had done work on doing that, just never completed it. Just like the coding for gunboats was done Pre-NGE...Well, not counting that mumbo jumbo "passengers give majc shields" thingy.

You really never looked into things in the past did you?

Never looked up on the files in the game? Looked into the patch files? Looked at what's in them and whats not  turned on/complete/enabled?

But hey, if you want to believe that the NGE devs actually created something from scratch..be my guest. Sometimes a skeleton crew can actually make something...

Originally posted by Darkstryder

Not sure about colouring furniture being in pre-nge but Im pretty certain colouring armour was introduced after a patch that messed up everyones armour colour? Im sure I logged in and my armour was all grey or something when it used to be red, then a few days later I could change the colour to whatever colour I wanted. Then it never got removed as far as I can remember. Could be speaking crap, not sure.
    Im talking 2003 or early 2004.
    Armorsmiths/tailors could always make armor/clothing with different color.

What you talk about is the code that created and added to Composite armor, so that the owners of the armor could reset or put the right color back on after a database error that changed custom composite armor colors randomly when logging in.

Ofcourse, the CU devs and NGE devs denied any existance of such code that allowed a allready made item to be recolored...

• kmklkjkmklkj Member Posts: 1

They had done work on doing that, just never completed it. Just like the coding for gunboats was done Pre-NGE...Well, not counting that mumbo jumbo "passengers give majc shields" thingy.

Originally posted by outlaw101

Wrong.

You really never looked into things in the past did you?

Never looked up on the files in the game? Looked into the patch files? Looked at what's in them and whats not  turned on/complete/enabled?

But hey, if you want to believe that the NGE devs actually created something from scratch..be my guest. Sometimes a skeleton crew can actually make something...

It was never completed therefore never in-game, so like i said, It wasn't in the old version of the game, thank-you.

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

Like the coffee mode/mod was never in GTA

Not until it was unlocked, you are correct.

- James Henly

• GuernicaGuernica Member Posts: 71

Lolz, I can't believe you're giving a guy grief for not having hacked open his files or something

Anyway, you can now colour some furniture although there is no apparent rhyme or reason as to which models you can and can't get a palette for. Some items, like the futon, have a selection of a dozen or so colours, many of which are fairly similar when crafted. Others, like the 'master' furniture give you two options. And white is still the best. The white dining table and 'banana' couch look quite nice though.

It does give a lot more options for decorating your home though so I'm doing my best to run off a few of as many items in as many colours as I can be bothered with before switching back to AS.

• hubertgrovehubertgrove Member Posts: 1,141

Originally posted by Obraik

Now all they have to do is:

- Change the GUI

- Reintroduce 23 other professions

- Make jedi a hard-won, unlockable class

- Make items decayable again

- Fix crafting and reduce hyper-inflation

- Ensure that people rare loot schematics and scarce components from high end instances, not completed weapons

...And we'll be back where we were two years ago!!

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

Ensure that people rare loot schematics and scarce components from high end instances, not completed weapons

Done, the tusken rifle and gaffi stick are the hands down best rifle and melee weapon in the game, they drop only as schematics in the new Mos Espa heroic encounter.

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

Interesting how some of the old weapons in the game are now the best weapons in the game again...

Mind-fire gaffi stick used to be ftw! 

Of course, a good stun baton was nice as well "baby seal clubs".

Any 'dot' weapon that went to Mind was 'the killer'.  And Tusken's dropped a lot of them. 

Colored furniture is 'starwarsy' and 'iconic'.  Glad they spent time on that rather than combat animations, I'm telling you. 

WTG SWG artwork team!  YOU ARE UBAH!!!!!!

lol... seriously... just lol.

Is the BlackSun Helm craftable now and colorable, too?

Originally posted by BlackWatch

Interesting how some of the old weapons in the game are now the best weapons in the game again...
    Any 'dot' weapon that went to Mind was 'the killer'.  And Tusken's dropped a lot of them. 
    Colored furniture is 'starwarsy' and 'iconic'.  Glad they spent time on that rather than combat animations, I'm telling you. 

Some people prefer the customization of crafting instead or fighting.

- James Henly

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

And?

I realize that some people like to craft. 

I get that.  I'm not one of those people, but I get it.

The combat system is what is broken in the game though. 

If crafters want to make items that never sell... cool.  Craft until your vendors are full.  

My point was, fixing Entertainer and Crafters was a higher priority with SOE for SWG than fixing the combat system and the animations.  And that really isn't where SOE should focus their time and energy, IMHO. 

Any time I talk to a SOE Dev or any other representative of SOE via their support system, I get a line about adding features to the game that will bring more customers in.  I fail to see how spending a lot of Dev time on 'pink couches' is going to really bring customers back.

I know that 'some' people left the game when they changed crafting. 

I know that 'some' people left the game when they changed entertainer.

But of the few hundred people that I personally know that have cancelled their SWG accounts, NOT ONE of them said their reason for cancelling was due to crafting or 'entertaining'. 

SOE has a bad habit of fixing what wasn't broken, not fixing the things that have been broken for along time (or forever), or simply not taking any action on things that have been pointed out (because they can't fix them or they can't break them or they are 3 systems deep into their own game and don't know which string of code does exactly what any longer... yes, run-on sentence... amen).

How SOE works:

Players use boards and tirelessly communicate their top 25 'wants/wishes/needs'.

SOE ignores those.

SOE then issues their own poll with a list of what they'd like to work on... "low hanging fruit".

SOE takes poll data... spins it... and gives the feedback to the public that  is suposedly the original feedback from the public.

"Here's what you asked for (in a way)... and we worked on it... and... here you go!!!!!!"

The players do ask for a lot from SOE for SWG.  Then again, SOE took a lot away from the players, too.  Customers can ask for whatever they want to ask for, they have the right.  And while I'm happy that the folks that wanted 'pink couches' in the game can now say 'SOE granted my wish'... the majority of customers that left and most of the 'currently playing' crowd would still like combat revised. 

There's an entire board for people to complain about how great SWG 'used to be'.

Palettes for furniture is something people have been asking for for a long time too.

And?
    I realize that some people like to craft. 
    I get that.  I'm not one of those people, but I get it.
    The combat system is what is broken in the game though. 
    If crafters want to make items that never sell... cool.  Craft until your vendors are full.  
    My point was, fixing Entertainer and Crafters was a higher priority with SOE for SWG than fixing the combat system and the animations.  And that really isn't where SOE should focus their time and energy, IMHO. 
    Any time I talk to a SOE Dev or any other representative of SOE via their support system, I get a line about adding features to the game that will bring more customers in.  I fail to see how spending a lot of Dev time on 'pink couches' is going to really bring customers back.
    I know that 'some' people left the game when they changed crafting. 
    I know that 'some' people left the game when they changed entertainer.
    But of the few hundred people that I personally know that have cancelled their SWG accounts, NOT ONE of them said their reason for cancelling was due to crafting or 'entertaining'. 
    SOE has a bad habit of fixing what wasn't broken, not fixing the things that have been broken for along time (or forever), or simply not taking any action on things that have been pointed out (because they can't fix them or they can't break them or they are 3 systems deep into their own game and don't know which string of code does exactly what any longer... yes, run-on sentence... amen).
    How SOE works:
    Players use boards and tirelessly communicate their top 25 'wants/wishes/needs'.
    SOE ignores those.
    SOE then issues their own poll with a list of what they'd like to work on... "low hanging fruit".
    SOE takes poll data... spins it... and gives the feedback to the public that  is suposedly the original feedback from the public.
    "Here's what you asked for (in a way)... and we worked on it... and... here you go!!!!!!"
    The players do ask for a lot from SOE for SWG.  Then again, SOE took a lot away from the players, too.  Customers can ask for whatever they want to ask for, they have the right.  And while I'm happy that the folks that wanted 'pink couches' in the game can now say 'SOE granted my wish'... the majority of customers that left and most of the 'currently playing' crowd would still like combat revised. 

No doubt 'low-hanging fruit' is attractive for the devs trying to fix issues in the game. There aren't many of them, SWG is not a high-priority for SOE, and we all know there are a ton of things that need fixing.

But this is a thread about the option to colour furniture, not how rubbish SOE is or what SWG ought to be. As in my last post, there is an entire board for reminiscing about the good old game and anyone can start a new thread to discuss how to move the game forward.

To many, the animations are low priority, especially to those of us that play ranged professions and wouldn't see much in the way of a change.  I did however put the missing aim animations on their list of things to do ;) http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=544819