Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so what's the story with the graphics?

2»

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I hate WoW too. That doesn't make the feelings about the graphics wrong. The graphics in WoW suck compared to whats in EQ2. The animations suck. I've played both. EQ2 is infinately better in almost every respect. WoW is like a starter game to introduce you to MMO's, but eventually you grow out of it.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

Originally posted by Netspook

Originally posted by fozzie22

This topic is going nowhere fast

If you like the graphics hey thats cool//if you dont hey thats cool too but to keep going round in circles (or straight lines:)) is getting us  nowhere just agree to disagree hey?

Oh no - the forums police...

We ARE discussing graphics/animations. That IS on-topic, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Hardky the forum police changed my mind on what i was going to post..if someones qouted me tough i stand by it.

But this will go round and round the ever ending and very boring EQ2/wow is better arguement it will go nowhere at all.

And all you have to do is look at the posts above mine..hardly on topic is it?..i hate wow etc,etc..

And no i WONT go somewhere else been here on these forums a good while so your stuck with me.

And as for these "lines" you insist are in RoK i've yet to see them i really would like to know where they are i'm heading up 80 fast enough (77 atm) and have had one instance of mobs falling though the world i dont think thats unacceptable IMO.

Yes i have a good rig and no doubt you will regale us with tales of woe but honestly i cant say i've seen what you claim to see..as far as i'm concerned the graphics are top notch for an MMO in EQ2 i've not seen better and i've played a fair few of them..no strike that the ONLY mmo with better graphics is Lotr now they are supurb i thought that in the beta and in the live game,just a shame as a game it blows other than that example no MMO and thats what we're talking about here comes close.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

I'm just trying to look at the graphics from a quality standpoint, not by the pointless arguments of cartoon vs realism. I've heard and seen several examples of bad animation examples about EQ2, but I have yet to hear any examples from the people who think WoW's animations are horrible. Care to elaborate please?

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

But this will go round and round the ever ending and very boring EQ2/wow is better arguement it will go nowhere at all.
    Then why participate? "Everyone" knows WoW, and it's natural that other games gets compared with it. You don't have to like it, but it's NOT your job to decide how we debate. Honestly I'm not that satisfied either with this WoW vs everything, but there are millons of players who's MMO debut was WoW, which makes me doubt this will change anytime soon, so I've learned to accept it, and even participate.
    And all you have to do is look at the posts above mine..hardly on topic is it?..i hate wow etc,etc..
    Moirae may never win any prize for how she write, but she DOES stay on-topic. OP asked "how is the graphics in EQ2 now", and Moirae gives her opinons. Yes, it's compared to WoW, still it's not your job to decide HOW she shall answer.
    And no i WONT go somewhere else been here on these forums a good while so your stuck with me.
    Ok... 
    And as for these "lines" you insist are in RoK i've yet to see them i really would like to know where they are i'm heading up 80 fast enough (77 atm) and have had one instance of mobs falling though the world i dont think thats unacceptable IMO.
    Just two quick examples:
    1. Since you ask where about the lines: This is to a certain degree visible almost everywhere, but one bad example of where to see them, though it doesn't have the longest ones, is in Fens. The camp up left from the start area, those you build faction with - when leaving that area you will see this best, because of some of the backgrounds (best to ride instead of flying to really see everything). Tilt your view in several directions, and if you don't see anything here, then you are not looking. Though performance will suffer greatly when I try, my rig is capable of running EQ2 on extreme quality, and that doesn't change anything. We had a discussion about these lines on our server (EU: Runnyeye) earlier, which made it clear that this is visible on most types of rigs.
    2. I've already mentioned the spiders. The giants in the northwest area (forgot name of area, but you pass it if you travel from TG to i.e. JW, I'm sure you know where). Those giants often pop underground, sometimes you see their heads, sometimes you see nothing. They are not gone, they will appear again, if you have them targeted, you will still see where they are if they go under. Same with the dinosaur-looking mobs not too far from there.
    Yes i have a good rig and no doubt you will regale us with tales of woe but honestly i cant say i've seen what you claim to see..as far as i'm concerned the graphics are top notch for an MMO in EQ2 i've not seen better and i've played a fair few of them..no strike that the ONLY mmo with better graphics is Lotr now they are supurb i thought that in the beta and in the live game,just a shame as a game it blows other than that example no MMO and thats what we're talking about here comes close.
    Of course you have the full rights to disagree with me, and it's great that you add to the debate, like in this last paragraph.
    But: the person who brought this thread off-topic, was YOU, so drop the attacks on others.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Thanks netspook. And thanks for calling me "she" instead of "he". For some idiotic reason, most people can't seem to read and assume I'm a man, instead of realizing it says "Moirae" and not "Murry".

Originally posted by Netspook

Then why participate? "Everyone" knows WoW, and it's natural that other games gets compared with it. You don't have to like it, but it's NOT your job to decide how we debate. Honestly I'm not that satisfied either with this WoW vs everything, but there are millons of players who's MMO debut was WoW, which makes me doubt this will change anytime soon, so I've learned to accept it, and even participate.
    Moirae may never win any prize for how she write, but she DOES stay on-topic. OP asked "how is the graphics in EQ2 now", and Moirae gives her opinons. Yes, it's compared to WoW, still it's not your job to decide HOW she shall answer.
    Ok... 
    Just two quick examples:
    1. Since you ask where about the lines: This is to a certain degree visible almost everywhere, but one bad example of where to see them, though it doesn't have the longest ones, is in Fens. The camp up left from the start area, those you build faction with - when leaving that area you will see this best, because of some of the backgrounds (best to ride instead of flying to really see everything). Tilt your view in several directions, and if you don't see anything here, then you are not looking. Though performance will suffer greatly when I try, my rig is capable of running EQ2 on extreme quality, and that doesn't change anything. We had a discussion about these lines on our server (EU: Runnyeye) earlier, which made it clear that this is visible on most types of rigs.
    2. I've already mentioned the spiders. The giants in the northwest area (forgot name of area, but you pass it if you travel from TG to i.e. JW, I'm sure you know where). Those giants often pop underground, sometimes you see their heads, sometimes you see nothing. They are not gone, they will appear again, if you have them targeted, you will still see where they are if they go under. Same with the dinosaur-looking mobs not too far from there.
    Of course you have the full rights to disagree with me, and it's great that you add to the debate, like in this last paragraph.
    But: the person who brought this thread off-topic, was YOU, so drop the attacks on others.

It ends up the same way wow sucks..EQ2 sucks..etc etc..over and over and over and over and over..do you see???

As for personal attacks you started on me i seem to recall by calling me the forum police..people in glass houses etc..

You have a point about the drachnids in kylong..but if im honest its the giants in the same place that i have more of an issue with they drop through the world for me as for fens i've seen nothing like what you describe if you could link a screenie it would be helpful so i could go look for myself :) i would say the highton area is probably the worst offender of this issue..but i ask is it game breaking?? no not really i've played much worse..i'm looking at you vanguard.

Comparing EQ2/WOW is as pointless as saying its sunny when its raining they are 2 very different games and very different styles of animation and of course you need very differnt specs to run them of (geforce 2 IIRC for WOW as min specs) its apples and oranges to even try and compare them is futile all it does is atract the trolls countless times on this and other forums you mention the big 2 and bingo is like flys round horse crap the trolls come a feeding,to compare the games "becuase everyone has heard of WOW" is a poor arguement.

But of course at the end of the day you really seem to have had a bit of a sense of humour meltdown so kindly stop the attacks on me..

Cheers Foz.

lol, stop being such a dramaqueen fozzie.

also we're comparing the quality of the work which is comparable, unlike styles.

Originally posted by Asamof

also we're comparing the quality of the work which is comparable, unlike styles.

humph..i will be a drama queen just as soon as i can find my pink loofah :P

Originally posted by Asamof

humph..i will be a drama queen just as soon as i can find my pink loofah :P

you go girl!

Ahh lindsey lohan..