Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remember that hacker who stole login/pass?

outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

Who remember that hacker sometime last year who downloaded a stable client and managed to login using an admin user/pass?

Discounting the fact that he was jailed, and that hacking is illegal, until the game is released hes the luckiest person in the world

I'm glad they caught him, anyone know how much jail time he got?

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

he he , well he sure knows something many would like to know.

I heard he got four months. So he will be out soon.....

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

Judge probably made him sign an NDA, so he won't be able to speak :(

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332
    Originally posted by outlaw101

ROFL.... this made me smile..... so true.... besides he probably stole a year old build    

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

Ah true :(

Guess ASP's review and the dev journals screenies will suffice for now :D

- James Henly

• SLI2000SLI2000 Member Posts: 104

and the next 6 years too?

Originally posted by Trollstar

ROFL.... this made me smile..... so true.... besides he probably stole a year old build    

It does let the mind wander however about what kind of a guy would risk imprisonment to hack, quite sad really :( He probably has RL troubles or something.

- James Henly

• MonsieurXMonsieurX Member UncommonPosts: 46

It does let the mind wander however about what kind of a guy would risk imprisonment to hack, quite sad really :( He probably has RL troubles or something.

Hi,

Which is sad is that was he was able to hack Aventurine network at all which isn't a good indication about their security level.

• okorokor Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Xavier_78

Hi,

Which is sad is that was he was able to hack Aventurine network at all which isn't a good indication about their security level.

Yea, but big companies have been hacked too. I remember when HL2 source code was stolen.

• krackajapkrackajap Member Posts: 238

You know....contrary to popular belief most hackers aren't maladjusted scornful anti-social geeks who's sole purpose is to cause destruction and harm to other people. 

I guess so, there may be a chance he has friends :P

But what did the guy expect, hacking a company and stealing a game? gosh >><

- James Henly

• MonsieurXMonsieurX Member UncommonPosts: 46

I guess so, there may be a chance he has friends :P

But what did the guy expect, hacking a company and stealing a game? gosh >><

Hi,

I guess he was just testing his "hacking" skills or just for pure entertainement.

• ButcherBillButcherBill Member Posts: 32

I think they made it all up to delay beta again

• QuestionableQuestionable Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by ButcherBill

I think they made it all up to delay beta again

Ah yes and the justice system was in on it to when they put him jail.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Ah true :(

Devs approved ASP's review thing. So I belive most of it has been covered under NDA and edited for public.

• ButcherBillButcherBill Member Posts: 32

Sad thing is everything this Asp dude talked about is the same regurgiated shit that's been said for the last 4-6 years now.

The dude didn't even get to play the real beta..   Unless what he played actually was the real Beta.

• Xion187Xion187 Member Posts: 141

it was the build from 2006

Sad thing is everything this Asp dude talked about is the same regurgiated shit that's been said for the last 4-6 years now.
    The dude didn't even get to play the real beta..   Unless what he played actually was the real Beta.
    "this is not blue, unless it actually is blue"

That's what your last sentence sounds like.

Maybe the point of Asp's article wasn't for new information but for confirmation on what's been said for the past 4-6 years which people like yourself insist is all fake.

• hopefadeshopefades Member Posts: 46

Originally posted by krackajap

No it doesn't. He meant that if what ASP realy played was not a 1 year old tech demo - then what they showed him was really all they had to show and just labeled a 1 y/o tech demo and there really was no other new build.

Originally posted by krackajap

Maybe the point of Asp's article wasn't for new information but for confirmation on what's been said for the past 4-6 years which people like yourself insist is all fake.

This is great and really told them haters where to go, gave me a good laugh, thanks :D

- James Henly

• hopefadeshopefades Member Posts: 46

Asp visiting them doesn't confirm anything other then the fact he was shown 1 year old stuff.

This isn't the first time someone visited them. Someone else visited them about 4 years ago too and his write up sounded exactly like what Asp said...  4 years ago..

I find it funny as hell that they were NEVER visited by ANYONE from an actual credible third party like Gamespot or PCgamer for example.  The only people that ever visit these guys are some random fanbois that no one knows anything about.. or cares about..

• mordekaimordekai Member Posts: 15

You mean that anyone who didn't play UO or shadowbane knows nothing about them?  BTW plane tickets to greece aren't cheap.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Why not just talk with Asp himself about it?

http://www.lordsofdeath.com/www/ 

Its weird when people that now nothing tell the one that does know something he doesent really know anything....

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

they should be scared of getting their server files stolen, not that fact that he wanted to play beta so bad -.-

• QuestionableQuestionable Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by hopefades

Asp visiting them doesn't confirm anything other then the fact he was shown 1 year old stuff.
    This isn't the first time someone visited them. Someone else visited them about 4 years ago too and his write up sounded exactly like what Asp said...  4 years ago..
    I find it funny as hell that they were NEVER visited by ANYONE from an actual credible third party like Gamespot or PCgamer for example.  The only people that ever visit these guys are some random fanbois that no one knows anything about.. or cares about..

Which one was that one? The one that pops in my head is the one a year or two ago by coumbine(I'm not sure how it was spelled). I find it more funny is when everyone says that since no one goes there it means its vaporware and than when someone DOES go there they instantly become an uncredible 3rd party.

Originally posted by hopefades

For those who were worth their weight in salt in Ultima Online beta to UO:R or Shadowbane, Asp's word is more credible than if Gamespot, PCGamer and IGN said exactly the same thing.