Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any suggestions??

bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93

I am looking for a game that has forced grouping to advance. 

I am looking for a game that as you level you aquire new items that change the appearance and performance of your character.

I would also like one that has a pretty good playerbase of non leet dudes.

I want a game that the pvp is limited to whatever you choose to partake in,  something that has some depth to it and things to do with your character to continue to advance them once the leveling is done (faction grinds to obtain items dont count, AA's in EQ were great)

I would love to find a game that you can get lost in and just lose all track of time for hours at a time.

My list of favorite games to date

Everquest 1 pre POK (really original game only no expansions was the best time but up until those books made the game world 1 click to get any distance killed the immersion)

Eve-Online the game and premise are great, forced pvp to do anything fun or rewarding suck big time.

SWG pre NGE.... wtf were they thinking? if only they would reverse nge

WoW... its a pretty good game if not for the community, the community kills it and the you can do everything by yourself just so you can get to 60 and respec from fun mode to raid mode and hit your heal button for 7 hours with a few rez buttons thrown in

CoX... lots of fun but character doesnt really advance... you get new skills sure but nothing drops from mobs that visibly changes your char when you equip it, nothing you kill and loot makes your char stronger or someone able to look at you as you run by and say oh he killed such and such, or wow that item looks cool where did that come from (I actually like that, I like camping a mob for days for an item I want, I dont want random world drops either, put an item on a mob and make it a static selection of items from that mob and I will camp it for what I want, not just pray  I get lucky)

anyone have any suggestions for me??

Comments

• fordfanboifordfanboi Member Posts: 8

Sounds like Vanguard would be a good choice.  Endgame stuffs will be going in soon.

• nekrothingnekrothing Member Posts: 302

Originally posted by bestman22

I am looking for a game that has forced grouping to advance. 
    Final Fantasy XI encourages you to group at all levels in order to properly advance through the game, be it leveling, questing or missions. The soloing factor is very small in this game.
    I am looking for a game that as you level you aquire new items that change the appearance and performance of your character.
    You can acquire new sets of armor in FFXI at around every 5-7 levels, making your appearance change quite often.
    I would also like one that has a pretty good playerbase of non leet dudes.
    Although I am in no way saying the community of the game is dead (but in fact still growing because of the recent expansion pack), but because of the games age, the majority of the population consist of dedicated FFXI players who, at most times,  are both quite humble and helpful. But inevitably there are some annoying players and elitists still around that you would undoubtedly run in to.
    I want a game that the pvp is limited to whatever you choose to partake in,  something that has some depth to it and things to do with your character to continue to advance them once the leveling is done (faction grinds to obtain items dont count, AA's in EQ were great)
    This is exactly what FFXI's PVP is. Ballista for example, is a form of large-scale nation vs nation PVP that takes place persistently in various zones of the game. In order to participate in Ballista, you must sign up at an NPC in advance. One of the many great things about Ballista is the fact that players who don't participate in it can still roam around the zone where it is happening and watch as the participants duke it out while not being in danger of getting killed (as it isn't FFA PVP (side note, there is no FFA PVP in the game either)). Participating in Ballista yields achievements as well, such as money and a closer standpoint for that nation to control the zone (which can can benefit your nation in a variety of ways).
    I would love to find a game that you can get lost in and just lose all track of time for hours at a time.
    This is all you will be doing in FFXI. There is just so much stuff for you to do in the game, it's almost overwhelming. You could find yourself spending hours upon hours of time on the game and they would go by like seconds.
    My list of favorite games to date
    Everquest 1 pre POK (really original game only no expansions was the best time but up until those books made the game world 1 click to get any distance killed the immersion)
    Eve-Online the game and premise are great, forced pvp to do anything fun or rewarding suck big time.
    SWG pre NGE.... wtf were they thinking? if only they would reverse nge
    WoW... its a pretty good game if not for the community, the community kills it and the you can do everything by yourself just so you can get to 60 and respec from fun mode to raid mode and hit your heal button for 7 hours with a few rez buttons thrown in
    CoX... lots of fun but character doesnt really advance... you get new skills sure but nothing drops from mobs that visibly changes your char when you equip it, nothing you kill and loot makes your char stronger or someone able to look at you as you run by and say oh he killed such and such, or wow that item looks cool where did that come from (I actually like that, I like camping a mob for days for an item I want, I dont want random world drops either, put an item on a mob and make it a static selection of items from that mob and I will camp it for what I want, not just pray  I get lucky)
    anyone have any suggestions for me??
  • stuicidalstuicidal Member Posts: 2

vanguard would be a good game as one of the previous posts suggested

good luck