Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve University YouTube recruitment video

Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I was in Eve University for 7-months. It's a great place to start in Eve, and here is their latest recruitment video:

www.youtube.com/watch

Here is another one. It tells you how to join them:

www.youtube.com/watch

Comments

• devilishlydodevilishlydo Member Posts: 30

Friendly bump for the best damned way to get started in Eve. E-UNI can take credit for everything I've accomplished in Eve.

Full disclosure: I am a billionaire pirate with his own corporation and a meat locker full of corpses, so maybe the right word is "blame". Still, there are definitely worse ways to end up in Eve.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Once you've spent a little time in Eve University or you have over 5-million skill points, you could join The Graduates.

The Graduates are the sister corporation of Eve University. We operate in 0.0 space and currently have 290 members.

We exist for those who wish to further their education, because it takes more experience to live in the riskiest parts of space (for which there are higher rewards).

What are the advantages of joining "The Graduates"?

- Freedom to experience everything Eve offers whether it is Exploration, Industry, Trade, PvP, Mining, Missions, Ratting, POS administration, Research, Alliances, etc.

- No forced ops & no corporation slavery.

- PvP friendly with a ship subsidy policy.

- A presence in 0.0 space.

- Teach at "Eve University", if interested

You can apply to our office here:

Korsiki II/7 - SAK

For more information on TGRAD, contact the friendly CEO "Manas".

Come join the adventure!

• RothchildRothchild Member Posts: 1

Thanks for the YouTube video's, Jack.  While I was there I saw a couple other E-Uni vids and figured I'd post them here;

A frigate free-for-all;

www.youtube.com/watch

Their celebration of the corp's 3 year anniversary, a light show (mock battle) held in each of the starter systems;

www.youtube.com/watch

Also, thanks for the info on The Graduates.  I knew they were a sister corp of E-Uni, but nothing else.

If you could post any war updates here (mainly when it ends), it would be greatly appreciated.  I'll be checking these forums daily due to the contest, but I'll also be loitering around the EVE UNIVERSITY channel in-game.

Originally posted by Rothchild

Thanks for the YouTube video's, Jack.  While I was there I saw a couple other E-Uni vids and figured I'd post them here;
    A frigate free-for-all;
    www.youtube.com/watch
    Their celebration of the corp's 3 year anniversary, a light show (mock battle) held in each of the starter systems;
    www.youtube.com/watch

Also, thanks for the info on The Graduates.  I knew they were a sister corp of E-Uni, but nothing else.
    If you could post any war updates here (mainly when it ends), it would be greatly appreciated.  I'll be checking these forums daily due to the contest, but I'll also be loitering around the EVE UNIVERSITY channel in-game.

I presume you're interested in a war that Eve University is involved in? If so, I'm not the best person to update you - members of Eve University are best placed to do that using the in-game channel you mentioned.

You see, Eve University and The Graduates are sister corporations but we are in seperate alliances.

This is because The Graduates are based in risky 0.0 space, where wars are fought between powerful alliances. Therefore, we must have good diplomatic relationships with our neighbours and ideological allies in 0.0 (fellow members of alliance Brutally Clever Empire).

However, Eve University lives in high-sec space, has lots of novices, and would not want to be drawn into our wars.

This divide is for diplomatic purposes. Nevertheless, there is a strong relationship between Eve University and The Graduates.

The Graduates are currently involved in a war against Exquisite Malevolence. If you want to know when this ends, I would be happy to let you know.

Now we are at war with 2 pirate alliances.

I think we will always be at war with pirates because our home solar systems are excellent.

Don't let this put you off joining us though! There are over 1600 in our alliance, so there are plenty of people around to protect you.

• OctavioGrifOctavioGrif Member Posts: 4

Does Eve uni except "Mature" students because i started to play Eve when it first came out then stopped after 1-2 months and deleted my toon have come back twice since then for month or 2 at a time but never could get my head around it and would love to be shown the ropes the way they do it.

GOt 2 toons one combat bias and one mining/Indy bias.

Cheers

Originally posted by OctavioGrif

Does Eve uni except "Mature" students because i started to play Eve when it first came out then stopped after 1-2 months and deleted my toon have come back twice since then for month or 2 at a time but never could get my head around it and would love to be shown the ropes the way they do it.
    GOt 2 toons one combat bias and one mining/Indy bias.

Cheers
    I think they would accept you. If they feel you have enough experience already, they should refer you to The Graduates (my corp) and we should accept you.

Either way, you should be ok.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Nice videos you got there, If i knew about eve uni when i first played i would of joined up right away!

but in all good fun right?

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• jtotheizzojtotheizzo Member Posts: 1

GoonFleet is easily the best newbie corp.  Not only do we not hide in Empire we own almost a 1/4 of 0.0 space.

I must have died a few times in my first week each time my 300k isk Incursus led to the death of 100,000,000+ isk ships.

Nothing toughens you up like being thrown into a meatgrinder.

Oops, nevermind, no public recruiting in GF.

--
    I can let my life pass me by, or I can get down and try, work it all out this lifetime.

Originally posted by jtotheizzo

GoonFleet is easily the best newbie corp.  Not only do we not hide in Empire we own almost a 1/4 of 0.0 space.
    I must have died a few times in my first week each time my 300k isk Incursus led to the death of 100,000,000+ isk ships.
    Nothing toughens you up like being thrown into a meatgrinder.

Oops, nevermind, no public recruiting in GF.

I doubt there is a 'best' choice of corp that suits every new player because they all have their differences. However, I'm glad you have found a corp which you feel is the best.

Like Eve University, GoonFleet has an excellent training program and famous team spirit.

The main difference is GoonFleet fights on one side in The Great War, whereas Eve University is entirely neutral. Therefore, Eve University provides a safer environment for new players. If you are in Eve University, everyone regards you as friendly and you always have the option of choosing a side later once you are more informed, if you so wish.

Eve University is at war with pirate corporations approximately every 1 week in 3, so you will see PvP action while in Eve University. Eve University also has a free ship replacement policy.

In addition, Eve University is the most efficient corporation in the whole of Eve when fighting wars. Therefore, if you want to see how a war should be fought, Eve University is the place.

If you want to PvP in 0.0, you can always transfer from Eve University to its sister corporation The Graduates.

The Graduates is a neutral corp who are at war with pirates constantly. Therefore, everyone would consider us good guys. The Graduates also has training program (3 classes per day, 7 days a week - if you want to learn - nothing is compulsory). The Graduates has a free ship replacement program (including Tech2 ships).

The Graduates does not hold as much terratory as GoonFleet. However, our solar systems are very wealthy. In addition, our POSs do not require as much refueling and maintenance, so more members are free to do as they wish.

Finally, GoonFleet are a famous PvP corporation, whereas Eve University and The Graduates are famous for everything - PvP, PvE, mining, setting up POSs, trading, production, exploration etc. You are free to chose to do whatever you like, and training is available.

• ifandbutifandbut Member Posts: 134

I'v been thinking about joining EvE Uni for a long time and I think I'll look you guys up once I finaly figure out why I cant reactivate my account. PvP is the only part of EvE I have not really learned but I want/need to if I am gona get anywhere.

Originally posted by ifandbut

I'v been thinking about joining EvE Uni for a long time and I think I'll look you guys up once I finaly figure out why I cant reactivate my account. PvP is the only part of EvE I have not really learned but I want/need to if I am gona get anywhere.
    Sounds good to me! You'll learn a lot about PvP at Eve Uni and in The Graduates.