Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online Trinity Patch notes (complete)

ProtestProtest Member UncommonPosts: 159

I hope you've got a bit of free time, because these lists are quite comprehensive.

EVE: Trinity Features, Improvements, and Balance

http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/patchnotes.asp?patchlogID=156

EVE: Trinity Changes and Fixes

http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/patchnotes.asp?patchlogID=155

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started... and know the place for the first time.”
-T.S. Eliot

Comments

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363

Caldari get the Buff bat (40% reduction in ecm cap need, for the win, agility upgrade!)

Gallante get the nerf bat (drone bandwidth is class specific and not race, class specific) Eos got "wtf pwned" and now hasn't got a point to train to, with interceptors taking their gang bonus as well, Myrmidon got booted from any use in 0.0

everything else is up for grabs but yeah, thats the main part of the notes

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by binjuice

Caldari get the Buff bat (40% reduction in ecm cap need, for the win, agility upgrade!)
    Gallante get the nerf bat (drone bandwidth is class specific and not race, class specific) Eos got "wtf pwned" and now hasn't got a point to train to, with interceptors taking their gang bonus as well, Myrmidon got booted from any use in 0.0
    everything else is up for grabs but yeah, thats the main part of the notes

Yea sounds pretty dire for some ships but i prefer to wait till its been out for a month or so as usually such Nerfs turn out to be no big deal to the community or someone finds a good way around it.

Saying that thi i tend to fly Gillente/Amarr so not all my ships are effected.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

Awesome, thanks for the update.

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Dictor and all recon (except caldari) pilots got swatted with the nerf bat.  Damps's got double nerfed.  I knew they were making them work 'one way or the other but not both' but I didn't know they were going to cut their strength as well.  That is truly going to suck.

And I'm still trying to figure out wtf they have against dictors being able to go somewhat fast.  They're fragile as hell, their only defense is speed.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

Since im almost strictly a Gallante pilot and I fly Recons, Eos etc... I am pretty miffed with this nerfing they are doing.  I understand that some stuff needed to be 'balanced' like Damps but a double nerf?  Might as well remove the mod from the game cause its useless now, even on a Recon.  Eos was a bit overpowered too but now with 5 guns and 3 heavies?  They are useless for anything but Gang mod platforms and to use gang mods takes months of training with high Charisma which no one has.

Gallante is quickly becoming the new Amarr.

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

For the damps Last I checked on SISI they were half strength on both the Scan Res and Range modifiers, but the ARM scripts took one back almost to current levels and the other to almost no effect. So you basically can either do both semi-okay or do almost what you could before on one of them.

As for the ECM buff... Not sure if it was needed with the Damp nerf but when its almost more effective to run unbonused Damps on my scorp then running ECM(I have BS 5) there need to be some change.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by BigDave7481

They are useless for anything but Gang mod platforms and to use gang mods takes months of training with high Charisma which no one has.

I have a high Charisma (23), and a high Perception (25).  These changes are more proof that Charisma DOES have a valid use.  Anyone willing to bet that more min/max'rs are going to be whinning about the low CHA scores? :P

Could someone be kind enough to copy/paste the entire patch notes for those who are too lazy to click the link or lack the ability to view the site?  (the eve web site is banned here at work)

Leardership skills don't nescesarrily take months.  You can focus on one area and have good gang bonuses within a single month and coordinating with other corp members should help to ensure the other specialties for gang boni are not being overlapped; all lvl 4's is a waste when a single lvl 5 is good.  Personally, I have about 4.5m skill points into Leadership. 

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by mindspat

Originally posted by BigDave7481

They are useless for anything but Gang mod platforms and to use gang mods takes months of training with high Charisma which no one has.

I have a high Charisma (23), and a high Perception (25).  These changes are more proof that Charisma DOES have a valid use.  Anyone willing to bet that more min/max'rs are going to be whinning about the low CHA scores? :P

Could someone be kind enough to copy/paste the entire patch notes for those who are too lazy to click the link or lack the ability to view the site?  (the eve web site is banned here at work)

Leardership skills don't nescesarrily take months.  You can focus on one area and have good gang bonuses within a single month and coordinating with other corp members should help to ensure the other specialties for gang boni are not being overlapped; all lvl 4's is a waste when a single lvl 5 is good.  Personally, I have about 4.5m skill points into Leadership. 

Im not knocking the Gang modules I can actually use the Armor and Shield ones (1.8mil sp in leadership) and usually had one or 2 on my Eos when I was out shootin' but now the Eos cant fly right into the thick of the battle because its offensive/defensive abilities have been nerfed so bad.  Might as well warp 300km away from the battle and just boost your gang.  Maybe this is what CCP wants out of this ship... force it to do 1 thing only.  Either way I kept 1 Eos setup for Gang mods, cap recharge and uber tank and sold the other 2.  Now im looking to buy a couple more Astartes.

RIP Eos

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

Thats kind of the point Big Dave. If you want to do anything out side of gang warfare links and a miniscule amount of damage use the Field Command ships. My Vulture is setup up similar to the Eos you kept, Massive shield tank, Gang links, some guns tossed on just in case I get to shoot. its why the EOS got tamed down because the thing could rival the Astartes in DPS.