Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Level Grinding in this game

13»

Comments

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by Nightshade44

Free flight? I heard there was flight, but it was not free flight, it was pathed flight... Like WoW gryphon rides, did this change to free flight? If so that's awesome, because pathed flight would suck the life out of a great concept.

It won't exaclty be free-flight, more of a "limited" free-flight. For Beta, they set the flight time limit for 1 minute and a long cool-down period after use(not sure how long). Although, all that might change later as to see what's best.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

Last Time I checked: RPG = Killing Mobs + Doing Quests(Optional) or be Level 1 the entire game? Unless they add enough non-combat quests( Maybe add in Crafting exp.) to avoid "excessive" mob murdering. I think the goal is minimal grinding otherwise too easy or too hard takes the fun out of it.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• SoulticeSoultice Member UncommonPosts: 112

I am not going to pass judgement on the game because it comes from NCsoft.

I hope the cummunity manager  for Aion comes back to read some of this.  I too played Lineage 2 and enjoyed the game until bots and gold farmers ruined my experience. 

I hope someone from NCsoft can discuss how they plan to implement something , anything , to keep them to a minimum in this game.  I think making items available at alot less money would solve alot of Lineage's problems.

Another point I would like to make is please do not make players feel like they won a lottery when they actually get an item they can use in the game.

Allow all the classes ot craft thier items and do not make me play another class that I have to level just to make something.

What one person likes to do, another is going to consider a grind.  You are going to have to do something to develop your character and that is fine with me.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by Soultice

I hope the cummunity manager  for Aion comes back to read some of this.  I too played Lineage 2 and enjoyed the game until bots and gold farmers ruined my experience. 
    I hope someone from NCsoft can discuss how they plan to implement something , anything , to keep them to a minimum in this game.  I think making items available at alot less money would solve alot of Lineage's problems.
    Another point I would like to make is please do not make players feel like they won a lottery when they actually get an item they can use in the game.
    Allow all the classes ot craft thier items and do not make me play another class that I have to level just to make something.
    What one person likes to do, another is going to consider a grind.  You are going to have to do something to develop your character and that is fine with me.
    I still think it's safe to say that Aion will not be Lineage 2.

as far as claims that it is grindy, I think that it is perfectly acceptable to not have full content/quests in a Beta for a game. Especially an early Beta. Sorry, but I've been on enough of the game forums to know how whiny "gamers" can get and how demanding and unrealistic they can be.

NC has said it will not be a grind game like others (though there will be people splitting hairs on this, but so be it) and that is the standard they will stick to. There still needs to be a way to build character over time so obviously there will be things that will have to be repeated, quests, etc.

But it seems to me that it is not L2. Even they way they are implementing items is better than L2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I am doubtful because this game is being made by NCSoft Korea...

but hopefully that it will indeed be more international in its appeal, and the very idea of PvPvE is a very intriguing one.

NCsoft is known for being different and innovative, hopefully Aion turns out to be a success. I will definetly keep my eye on this one...

Originally posted by Soultice

Actually, a represetitive from NCSoft did post a general explaination of what to expect of Aion.

If you want to view the post, it's the second post from the top, from Ayase, Aion Community Coordinator:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/157208/page/2

Even though I was born and raised in Seoul, Korea, I avoided all Korean made games like the plague until Aion got my attention. NCSoft is attempting to break free of the "Asian Grinder" chains that binds them. I'm hoping Aion to be successful as to set an example to other Asian companies who also wish to break free of the styreotype.