Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU and US version/servers

Homeslice513Homeslice513 Member UncommonPosts: 180

I was just wondering if you are localized to your country? Or if I am in the EU can I play on US servers if I want?

Comments

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Homeslice513

I was just wondering if you are localized to your country? Or if I am in the EU can I play on US servers if I want?
    You would need to buy a copy of the game from a US site.  The version you can buy in the EU will only connect you to the EU servers.  The version that is bought in the US will only connect to US servers.  (AUS and NZ are in the US server pool).

That is the only restriction related to choosing your server.  So, as long as you buy the retail box from the area you want to play in, you're set.

• Homeslice513Homeslice513 Member UncommonPosts: 180

Ok thanks, that is what I have done with WoW although it is the reversed. I am playing on EU servers but I am in the US. I am moving to Wales at the end of the year and was curious about play LotRO since I have a lot of friends playing it now. I was just afraid of billing issues more than anything.