Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs & Macs?

MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

I work from home for my partner's internet business. She and her business partner have decided to buy us all a new iMac.  It will be my highest spec pute, so I'm wondering how well supported macs are in MMOs. I just looked up Tabula Rasa and there's no mention of Macs. Is this the norm? I used macs exclusively in the 90s and games were hard to come by.

Comments

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Its still the same way. There isn't much of a selection on mac.

Here's a short list of MMORPG's for the Mac:

Everquest from Sony, Shadowbane from Ubi Soft, Vendetta Online from Guild Software, A Tale In the Desert II from eGenesis, Second Life from Linden Labs, and World of Warcraft from Blizzard Entertainment.

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

Is that it? It's worse than I thought. I was thinking of returning to WoW. I've just checked my discs and they are PC/Mac compatible so that's another reason to return. Thanks.

• maxwindmaxwind Member Posts: 1

• NallerNaller Member Posts: 11

Basically... on the Mac OS, you're restricted to WoW and some other lame MMOs. Played WoW for 2 years on my mac, and it works perfectly. Or you can get the new Leopard OS which has Boot Camp. This allows your install a Windows OS on your Mac. It works just as if it were an actual PC. I did it with my Mac, and I highly recommend it. Though honestly, WoW is one of the best you're gonna come by, and you don't have to spend the extra money for Leopard or a copy of Windows.