Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanguard, is it still crap?

2»

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Originally posted by ChoadSauce

So, I've had the biggest craving to be playing an MMO for a good 4 months now but I'm sick of WoW and EQ2. I had trial and error with most other MMO's and none of them seemed to fill the void except when playing vanguard. I only quit because of its low population and annoying bugs. You know you are desperate for a long term game (in pacification till age of conan) if you beat the Orange Box, COD4, Crisis and hellgate london in less than a week each. I loved vanguard for its new ideas and complex system, but I just dont know if I should give it another go or not. Is it worth paying 15 bucks just to find out? I've been hearing many promises SOE has been giving us on its improvement but I'd like to confirm it with anyone that's currently playing it. What do you guys think? Is it still "beta"? Are people still playing it

Currently Playing: COD4, Supreme Commander, Stranglehold (Hey, John Woo rocks ok?)
    Played: WoW, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes / Villians, EQ2, LOTRO, Guild Wars, SWG
    Waiting for: Warhammer Online (Sort of), Age of Conan (Woo!!)

If your primary complaint with VG previously was low populations and bugs you will find a drastically improved game.  The server merge has helped tremendously with populations and you'll actually find Seradon a bit over-populated.  As for bugs, Sony has fixed a TON of them.  Nearly 600 in their first two major patches.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Originally posted by SLI2000

I would wait for AoC or Warhammer

Yeah I'm sure those will be bug free content complete games at launch...  :P

I don't think any company is releasing games that are really finished at release now days....  Every single game I've bought on release has either been incomplete or buggy as hell.  I really don't think AoC or Warhammer are really going to buck the trend...  If I was betting I'd give warhammer an edge, but I'm done with expectations.  I'm just going to expect that they will be crap at launch and in a year good or gone.

---
    Ethion

• MilkyMilky Member Posts: 339

In response to the title of the thread, the short answer:

Yes, and will be for some years.