Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New online gamer seeking advice

avarinavarin Member Posts: 2

I played PS2 and Xbox games, but a couple years back, my husband got me into WoW.  I have been playing since about 6 months before the BC and I am not happy with what this game has turned into (more pvp and less raiding).  My character is a mage and my reason for playing the game is questing and raiding.  I do not much enjoy PvP.  Can anyone give me any suggestions as to which MMORGG's might be good for me besides WoW?

Comments

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

On WOW there are severs where you dont have to PVP, like a roleplay server.

Lord of the RIngs Online has the most similarities to WOW in design, I guess. You may also consider Everquest II. Both games have good quests, I am not sure how many raids LOTRO has, Everquest II has many good raids, but it's a matter of taste. Both MMOs have trials, if you want to try them first.

Good luck in your findings. ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Thomas2641Thomas2641 Member Posts: 143

Hmm... if you are all into raiding I'd say EQ2... but again... it all depends... do you like sci-fi? If you do, maybe you could try the 14 day free trial of Eve online... In Eve you decide what you want to do. THere is plenty of PvP, but you choose yourself if you want to participate. The game universe is vast, though, and the learning curve is very steep, but its the only game where you are free to do excactly what you want. -But if you want a more linear experience with a lot of raiding - I'd suggest EQ2..

• TrollstarTrollstar Member Posts: 332

Hmm...first post I've ever seen that accused WOW of not having 'enough' raiding.....

I'd go with EQ 2 as other posters have suggested......   now, if grouping is what you really are thriving on.... don't forget FFXI.......where you pretty much must group to level effectively....

Who the hell are you, and why should I care?
    Congrats! You are a victim of Trollstar!

• PhynnPhynn Member UncommonPosts: 97

The above post suggest LoTRO and EQII as possible substitutions..and I would agree. But if you were willing to give F2P games a chance I think you would fins Perfect World an excellent subsitute. It is full og quests, mega PvE, player housing, and RvR ( team oriented land battles). I think Perfect World is so good it should and could demand the same subscription price as the normal P2P games. Good point is if you download it and its not your cup of tea, then delete it from your hard drive without ever loosing a cent. Just a sugestion..hope your able to find your next gaming home.

• ValkaernValkaern Member UncommonPosts: 497

There are a lot of games out there (obviously), and now that you're into online gaming you'll probably dabble a bit before settling down. However, it sounds like you might slip into EQ2 nicely. It's come a long way since release. Now would be a good time to start as with the recent expansion, you'll find plenty of people along the way to group up with.

I'd also suggest either trying out Vanguard, or keeping an eye on it and trrying it out sometime down the road. It was released too soon, and there are some flaws, but there's a lot of depth there and tons of potential.  It may need some more time in the oven though, depending on how tolerant  you are.

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247

id recommend waiting a little bit for the new games coming in the new year. then again u might like games like lotro and eq2...dont really know why u would imo..

oh and stick with p2p games, f2p generally suck and are the same thing over and over again.