Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Should I play this game?

TearReaverTearReaver Member Posts: 33

Hello... I am scouting for the best mmo for me, P2P and F2P alike. I have heard lots of good things about UO... an I was wondering on what it would be like to play it. So here are my questions, rate them from 1-10 and why as detailed as possible!

Game Play?

Graphics?

Community?

Is there treasure?

Comments

• zenthias_rpgzenthias_rpg Member Posts: 30

You won't find gameplay as good as UO, period.

Graphics are currently being "updated" with Kingdom Reborn. KR is out, but i've heard it is full of bugs right now. From the screenshots I've seen they look pretty good. As long as WoW wasn't your first MMO then you should be fine. If it was, then you'll probably be too hung up on the old-school graphics of UO to want to give it a chance.

Community is one of the best I've ever seen in an MMO. The economy is kinda messed up, but still has a great community with very helpful people.

Plenty of  "treasure".

All of this is my own personal opinion. Please, no trolls.

• BackwardsDagBackwardsDag Member UncommonPosts: 44

Game Play- repetitive at best, but overall lousy

Graphics- Only if you can't afford a 200 dollar used computer

community- top notch, but thats all I ever heard, honestly, I never saw another soul who spoke to me

treasure- sure, there was some, but to tell the truth, it took me two weeks of trying to get to the portal where I could go meet the world, and as the suggested blacksmith role, I never got off the newbie island to actually play the game.

There are free games out there that play just as well as UO.  It was a great game, but if yah wanna pay to play an old game, go for everquest.

The free trial bored me to tears, and I never went back.

edited for last line add

• mfDoommfDoom Member Posts: 2

Use to be good until their dev. team broke the game with UO:R.

But, it is true.  Won't find better gameplay and features than UO (pre-UO:R).  Anyone who says the gameplay is crappy is most likely a carebear who got spanked in towns back in the day while macroing or repeated pwnt by murderers thus the need for Trammel.

{ Mod Edit }

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

UO is my first true MMO love. I will try not to be bias

Gameplay? required broadband or its unplayable(which you have, but 10 years ago, was hard to come by)

Graphics......um well, look at some screen shots and decided for your self

economy?  worst in any game, years of dubing and programs make inflation out of control

Communtiy? best in any game.

Other. the only real game that ever felt like a real "place" or "alive" to me. I miss is horribly but since Lord Britsih left and EA scoped the game up from Origin....its went down hill

You will spend hours customizing your house, also the fel pvp is great imho

Originally posted by Hrica

Gameplay? required broadband or its unplayable(which you have, but 10 years ago, was hard to come by)

Required broadband or its unplayable?!?!

Is everyone on drugs today?? lol

People played this game on dial-up for years. And some still do. I just recently played on a 14.4 dial-up connection with no problems. Of course I wouldn't try to PVP with that connection, but other than that I had no problems. I currently use satellite and have no issues.

• bolinp78bolinp78 Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by zenthias_rpg

Originally posted by Hrica

Required broadband or its unplayable?!?!

Is everyone on drugs today?? lol

People played this game on dial-up for years. And some still do. I just recently played on a 14.4 dial-up connection with no problems. Of course I wouldn't try to PVP with that connection, but other than that I had no problems. I currently use satellite and have no issues.

I just wanted to point out that the only reason that I still come by these boards is to take a look at all of the new idiotic posts that you have diarrhoead onto the page.

I've gone through each and every one of your posts out of plain curiosity and only found ONE out of many in which you are not attacking another player or calling someone a troll.

What you fail to realize is YOU are the one that is the troll.

ANYTHING that ANYONE else besides you says is wrong in your eyes.. It really is a sight to see.. I've never seen such blatant disregard for others opinions and such a self-centerdness as you exhibit.

Just go through all of your past posts and look... You'll see exactly what I mean.. You have never ONCE contributed in a good, helpful, or normal manner on these forums. I don't know if you have real life issues or what, and I don't really care, I just thought I'd bring this up after a long time reading your posts.

I'm sure there are many people on these boards that feel the same way, if not EVERYONE. They just know what is going to be said on the other end by you when it comes up, and its just not worth the effort.

What you do on these forums reminds me exactly of a 4th grade bully... You attack anyone that doesn't have the same view as you (or in the 4th graders case, anyone that appears weaker). Nothing that you say incites discussion, which is the point of forums in the first place. They are just sensless attacks and assumptions about anyone that doesn't share your same opinions.

I know you are going to come back at me and say something to the effect of "Did I ask for your opinion" or "Did you even play UO" or "I really dont care what you say"... But you need to get a life. End of story.

• GillaGilla Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by TearReaver

Hello... I am scouting for the best mmo for me, P2P and F2P alike. I have heard lots of good things about UO... an I was wondering on what it would be like to play it. So here are my questions, rate them from 1-10 and why as detailed as possible!
    Game Play?
    Graphics?
    Community?
    Is there treasure?

Greetings TearReaver,

I currently play UO and have played for several years now.  Sure I have left the game and returned.  I returned because how much I lke the game and it's content.

To answer your questions about UO in MHO:

Game Play:  Whatever style you like to play you will find a lot to do in this game.  Yes in the beginning you will be lost but who isn't in any MMORPG when they start.   I do not PvP that often so I can't offer my opinion on that but I know a lot of people who do and still enjoy it.   I personally enjoy the PvM style of play and not because I am a "carebear".  I play MMORPG's for relaxation and I find the 100's of different things in this game you can do very enjoyable.

Graphics:  I currently play UO in the 2d old school version.  Kingdom Reborn is out and they are slowly working on the bugs and making it look better.  As a poster above said if you like the eye candy of the "WoW" style games then you might be disappointed in the why UO looks.

Community:  The best in any MMORPG, my opinion as many others  :)

Treasure:  Lots of treasure and nothing in bound to you so you can trade and sell when and if you want.

As I stated above I like this game and I like playing the 10+ toons I have and each one of them do different things within the game.   UO is and will also be on top of my list of MMORPG's.  Are there changes to UO that can make the game better?  There are in all games...

Hope you find the game your looking for.

--Gilla , Great Lakes Shard

I just wanted to point out that the only reason that I still come by these boards is to take a look at all of the new idiotic posts that you have diarrhoead onto the page.

Understood. You come here to complain about not getting a free "trial" with your already existing account.  Sorry I had to bring that up, lol. I come here for the same reason, with the occasional helpful tidbit of Uo related info.

I've gone through each and every one of your posts out of plain curiosity and only found ONE out of many in which you are not attacking another player or calling someone a troll.

I did the same thing. But I looked at yours so I could write a huge post like you.  

Troll - is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response. 

I also looked through all of my old mosts. Never once have I fit the discription. I have to admit I've been guilty of feeding the trolls. People that come here only to complain make me made. And can't resist it I guess.

ANYTHING that ANYONE else besides you says is wrong in your eyes.. It really is a sight to see.. I've never seen such blatant disregard for others opinions and such a self-centerdness as you exhibit.

Not true at all. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Take this thread for example. The OP asks some legitimate questions/opinions, and I gave him an opinion from a player that has played before changes and after changes.

Then someone says broadband is required. It's not, and I'm living, playing proof. Someone else posted that they never saw a single person the whole time they played?!?! Come on. Even you know better than that.  Then  he says it took him two weeks to find a moongate!

I'm sure there are many people on these boards that feel the same way, if not EVERYONE. They just know what is going to be said on the other end by you when it comes up, and its just not worth the effort.

I'm not here to impress anyone. I come here to answer any questions that I might have legit answers to and bitch at people that bitch about UO.

What you do on these forums reminds me exactly of a 4th grade bully... You attack anyone that doesn't have the same view as you (or in the 4th graders case, anyone that appears weaker). Nothing that you say incites discussion, which is the point of forums in the first place. They are just sensless attacks and assumptions about anyone that doesn't share your same opinions.

That sucks. I hate bullies. (not sure if thats a word or not)

The only people I "attack" are people that put false information about the game. And people that bitch about the changes. Yea yea...we allllll hate the changes.

I know you are going to come back at me and say something to the effect of "Did I ask for your opinion" or "Did you even play UO" or "I really dont care what you say"... But you need to get a life. End of story.

I'll work on that getting a life thing.

I'm done.  These last five minutes were almost as fun as............. 

Thank you...and good night!