Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Official "We're Angry at SOE" thread

Comments

• KetharKethar Member Posts: 27

Yeah, what gold said.....

Goldknyt.....Army.....Navy....can't we just get along???

"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a very bad idea" -Douglas Adams

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Originally posted by Kethar

Well either way it goes I didn't want to play SWG when it launched and thats before i found out you couldn't be jedi. I tried a trial once before NGE and i didn't find the game fun because it was for the super hardcore because there was no direction it was just go find somthing to do and bam. I didn't mind NGE but it got boring fast and very quickly. The quests they put for this were fun at first but then you realized that you were doing the same quest again but with differant mob names. I know it really is like that with all quest but it lost the star wars feel in the quests to keep you wanting to stay in that format. I personally believe if they would of made this game Pre episode one or even after episode 6 this game would of been a far better game or even between episode 3 and 4 so you could still say there are jedi alive but they are alone and if u get discoved the empire will be looking for you your whole gaming career. I think you could agree that they could explain Jedi during this period and you could also be a Dark Jedi and work for the Empire. Why I think they are developing a new game (under bioware) that will use this concept. SWG launch personally and if you or anyone thought about it, still keep its same format but the monk class they have at launch can ascend to force sensitive at a certain high level. There would of been probably just the Combat upgrade because they obviously changed this but didnt change it right to people complaining which often happens but they just didnt know what to do to fix what they messed up. Crap im rambling now im a end this one till the next reply

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

How could anyone hate SOE???  They're such an ethical company...   

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

SOE suck even more now that they have that maggot Mcquaid and his ghastly creation Vanguard. Could Smed stoop any lower?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• wesker1275wesker1275 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

Originally posted by Spartan06

Originally posted by Goldknyght

SWG was garbage when it was released on to its present state. Yeah it had 200,000+ subs but so did Vanguard for its first month. And what is that saying. SWG was dull when it started and will forever be dull till the servers are shut down. Don't hate SOE hate the developer for developing that garbage that SOE tried to ressurrect but couldnt because its a lost cause just like Vanguard.

You are a retard. SOE developed SWG.  They had their own developer house that created the game.

No verant did a SOE company

no back in june of 2000 SOE acquired Verant in  and so soe did developed swg. i found this here http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5057/is_200006/ai_n18409919

• FignarFignar Member CommonPosts: 417

Correct and they were also responsible from that point onward for pushing and rushing the remaining orginal developers in to releasing a 40% ish complete product which anyone would agree was in  no where near a release worthy state. They did a half assed beta and pushed it out live with a shed load of stuff missing half completed etc. So SOE are 100% to blame for what happened to SWG, people may say well Lucasarts are to blame for this and that etc but SOE were the ones who pushed it live Lucas took a bigger interest in the game after it started getting negative publicty, poor reviews and not getting the reception from the public as they expected they were the ones who asked for the game to be revamped SOE were the YES men hence you ended up with the NGE which they have stated was a cock up on their part, extremely badly managed and rolled out again in a half assed finished state.

Lesson to learn is SOE cannot create a finished/polished product they may have the most MMO's under their belts but how many of them are a massive success and make you think "F*!£k this game is amazing". SWG had that quality originally but SOE failed to capitalise and nurture it by finishing the product they had. SOE had ample time to do it but they just wanted to cash in first and finish the product later,  both which failed.

Also the NGE cannot be compared to pre-cu SWG both are two completely different games, one was aimed at a mature gaming audience by design hence it had a hell of a lot of depth the other is for the younger audience and lacks depth. However both can be enjoyed by their respective target audiences, alot of the pre-cu players myself included don't find the NGE enjoyable in that sense, since it lacks depth and has lost that ability to keep us playing hours on end.

So in the end those of us who had our time and had our game just forget it and move on and let the newbies ( as in players who play the new game and not n00bs) enjoy their game. SOE aren't evil or massive monsters they are a company who just makes very very bad mistakes, treats its player base like crap and can't make games so leave them be and find a company who caters for your needs.

Water cooled Intel Corei7 920 D0 Stepping OC'd 4.3GHz - 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM 2000Mhz - ASUS RAGE II EXTREME X58 Mobo - 2x HD 5870 in Crossfire X, OC'd 0.9Ghz core 1.3Ghz RAM - Dell 2407WFP Flat Panel LCD 24" 1920x1200

• charliehustlcharliehustl Member Posts: 40

/YAWN ..............ZZZZZZZZZZZ

I feel sorry for this dead horse. How many times can the little fella get beaten.... Is it not time to put it out to pasture and let it RIP?

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the na

• jdongjdong Member Posts: 80

Blame Lucas Arts please, not SOE.

• cmurphy50cmurphy50 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by jdong

Whoa whoa whoa no! It was SOE! Besides, rumor has it that SOE doesn't have the rights by lucasarts anymore.. it is only a matter of time until the contract wears off!

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

My experience (a bit biased).

• TenebrosoTenebroso Member Posts: 262

W00T lets keep on beating on this dead horse!!!!! I SWEAR IT WILL GET UP AND START RUNNING SOME DAY!!!!!!

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Would this not be better in the Vet forum?

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

"Angry at SOE " is a sticky with no time or location limits. Its not something from the past , it affects current and general  experiences.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

"Angry at SOE " is a sticky with no time or location limits. Its not something from the past , it affects current and general  experiences.

Considering it was made to vent about what happened over 2 and a half years ago, to me it seems more on-topic for the vet section...plus this forum is now over-cluttered with Stickies :|

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Originally posted by Obraik

Considering it was made to vent about what happened over 2 and a half years ago, to me it seems more on-topic for the vet section...plus this forum is now over-cluttered with Stickies :|

I agre, I say move it to the Vet section.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Do not know if i am buged but this thread and sticky appears into General Discussion whereit perfectly fits and belongs cause angry at $OE people  didn't stop to flow in since the NGE about current NGE concerns too. Plus it appears for me then there is no "Current" anymore , seems it were to few people here and got not well anticipated  to justify them a  own forum with less then 1/3 of posts (~10.000) compared to the well populated Veteran Refugee Forum(~33.000). Whether or not  other stickies can be considered for removing when i check some of them, for example the sticky about locked General Forum.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

They merged the general and current forums together and got rid of a few other sections like "I, Jedi" that nobody ever posted in anyhow.

If you want more SOE drama, check out Pirates of the Burning Sea, there is a head developer of Flying Labs Software that regularly posts and he once was part of "SOE will not be involved with this" then turned into a butt kisser of SOE. Also SOE isn't using the traditional "SOE" badge on boxes anymore, they're using a "Platform" logo and you will hardly see anything mentioning SOE except in some fine printings.

• Daed710Daed710 Member Posts: 134

Would this not be better in the Vet forum?

lol, I was wondering how long it'd take for you to bring that up, damn your quick.  I bet youd just love to get this thread purged over to the vet refuge forum, order 66 it along with any other anti-SWG topics eh.

Well, I personally think it's quite pertinent to have this sticky right here in the general forum (even though it apparently makes some of you fanbois a lil queasy), as currently there are still tons of active players of SWG that are "angry at SOE".

Just take a look at their own official forums, they are literally filled with people complaining about stupid things SOE is doing currently.   Over 2 years after their grand plan to start screwing over SWG's existing playerbase in favor of the mythical playerbase they were having wet dreams about, and they still havent learned how to dev the game without pissing off the majority of the playerbase.   Kudos to SOE, the only dev/publisher to have its own dedicated hater thread, and they earned every bit of it.

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now.
    We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

• Daed710Daed710 Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by jdong

um, no...

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1039243

First a request, to those of you using this thread as your personal battleground, please take it to PM's.

So, I wanted to clarify that we did, here at SOE conceive and develop the NGE.  We did so with the best of intentions, to try and make a better game.  No blame or buck is being passed.  =)

We can, and I am sure many of us will, debate for years on end whether this was a good idea.  Personally, I believe the concept of the NGE was sound.  Some smart guys had some good ideas to make the game better, Jeff being one of them, and they went for it.  A bold move and honestly, I am happy to be a part of a company that is not afraid to try something different.

Where did we go wrong?  Delivery, we failed in our timing and communication.  That is where we let you down most, SWG faithful, and for that I truly apologize. 

Brenlo Bixiebopper

Director, Global Community Relations - SOE

---------------------------------------------

It's a rough life, but someone has to live it.

of course the old link is dead, since SOE NGE'd their forums a while back, but thats a direct quote, posted in reply to the blame game that was going round at the time.  so there ya have it, straight from the horse's ass....errr, I mean "mouth"

"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now.
    We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

The problem with that is that they shouldn't have delivered it at all, they should have just stuck with the combat upgrade that was actually improving faster than it took the NGE to improve.

• DabooseDaboose Member Posts: 2

Too bad we can't just ask for the old game, and get a group of extremely skilled programmers, and restart the game to get it back up and running. Make is F2P or something. The only problem with that would be they would say no because they wouldn't want to lose the few customers they had.

• MSCavMSCav Member UncommonPosts: 141

Man, I miss this game!!!  SOE really screwed this game with the CU and then the NGE!

Whats that feel like SOE?  Going from like 300,000 players to 200?  You idiots lol

Cav, Senior Commander Midnight Squadron.  midnightsquadron.com
  • o0unknown0oo0unknown0o Member Posts: 21

I miss you, Pre-CU SWG :'(

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

For the readers; Paragraph 2 from the EULA of SW:G  :

2. To play the Game, you must: (i) purchase the Software (as defined below in Paragraph 7) for Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided and any expansion packs you wish to play ; (ii) have a fully paid Account; (iii) have a valid credit card (or, if we wish to make it available, a paid game card); and (iv) have an Internet connection (which we do not provide or pay for) to access your Account. In addition to any fees described herein, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including those we are not required to collect) and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you incur to access your Account. Neither this Agreement nor your Account entitles you to any subsequent releases of the Game and/or the Software, any expansion packs nor similar ancillary products. You understand that we may update or otherwise enhance the Game and/or the Software at any time and in doing so incur no obligation to furnish such updates to you pursuant to this Agreement. You understand that online games evolve over time and, accordingly, system requirements to play the Game may change over time.

Put in Bold to be helpful.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931

Originally posted by hipiap

For the readers; Paragraph 2 from the EULA of SW:G  :

2. To play the Game, you must: (i) purchase the Software (as defined below in Paragraph 7) for Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided and any expansion packs you wish to play ; (ii) have a fully paid Account; (iii) have a valid credit card (or, if we wish to make it available, a paid game card); and (iv) have an Internet connection (which we do not provide or pay for) to access your Account. In addition to any fees described herein, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including those we are not required to collect) and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you incur to access your Account. Neither this Agreement nor your Account entitles you to any subsequent releases of the Game and/or the Software, any expansion packs nor similar ancillary products. You understand that we may update or otherwise enhance the Game and/or the Software at any time and in doing so incur no obligation to furnish such updates to you pursuant to this Agreement. You understand that online games evolve over time and, accordingly, system requirements to play the Game may change over time.

Put in Bold to be helpful.

SOE's definition of "update or otherwise enhance":

delete all your progress, delete your mastered professions, render you unable to interact with your pets, make all your crafted items useless, delete the professions that received new items and pets in the expansion you just paid for yesterday, render movement, chat and combat broken all at the same time.

Update and enhance: I don't think these words mean what you think they mean SOE.

By the way, where's the part of the EULA that says it's not valid in some jurisdictions?  You know, the ones that frown on taking money for one thing and then delivering something else.

This discussion has been closed.