Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE-Online: Trinity Full trailer

MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

found here: http://www.gamershell.com/download_22140.shtml

my first impression:

Comments

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

Awesome and the scale for the new stations is just right in my opinion now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• raykorraykor Member UncommonPosts: 326

In a word...breathtaking!  It's a shame the game doesn't appeal to me.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by raykor

Yeah pretty much ... only reason I'm NOT playing this game, is because you can't dock your ship and get out on worlds/stations/larger ships and actually do things with your character.  If you CAN, please correct me because all I've ever seen is 'Look at ships flying around... pretty huh?' from this game.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Yeah pretty much ... only reason I'm NOT playing this game, is because you can't dock your ship and get out on worlds/stations/larger ships and actually do things with your character.  If you CAN, please correct me because all I've ever seen is 'Look at ships flying around... pretty huh?' from this game.

The developers are referring to that as "ambulation," and it's planned to go in....sometime, someday. It won't be for quite awhile, though. It's not really a priority, and apparently implementing it involves a great deal of difficulty. Even when it does get implemented, though, the game will still be a space game with a bit of walking (in stations), not a walking game with some space travel like SWG was/is. Ships will always be the focus.

• SevarusSevarus Member Posts: 65

Stunning. I've been playing for 4 years....and everytime I look at this trailer, my jaw hits the floor.  EVE grows up.  First article I saw highlighted this evening was "jumpgate evolution graphics"....and I thought, boyz giver up.  EVE just trumped ya.

CCP

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Just waiting for this expansion to be released before i renew my sub. I think i've been playing this game for.....8 months probably (i dont really pay attention to this stuff) and i can't wait for ambulation, they should add guns to ambulation so i can assasinate random people when off my ship and on equal ground LOL.

This is not a game.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Jenuviel

The developers are referring to that as "ambulation," and it's planned to go in....sometime, someday. It won't be for quite awhile, though. It's not really a priority, and apparently implementing it involves a great deal of difficulty. Even when it does get implemented, though, the game will still be a space game with a bit of walking (in stations), not a walking game with some space travel like SWG was/is. Ships will always be the focus.

Well when I can get off my ship, go on a mission on planet or on station, make new contacts and pick up new missions, head back to my ship and blastoff again, THEN ... EVE will have me and my money hehe.  I kind of wish CCP was working on the Firefly MMORPG.  I know they are working on 'World of Darkness' now, I can't wait to hear more about that.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• HardinHardin Member Posts: 70

This looks awe inspiring. Particularly love the clips where the Tempest (Minmatar battleship) is alongside/undocking from a station and looks tiny! Really creates the impression that stations are 'cities in space'. Excellent1

What is nice is that this doesn't even need DX10 to play and there is still an even more improved version in the works.

Even better is that they are already testing the engine on the test server and players trying it out report that they are seeing between 10 to 15 fps improvement in performamce.

CCP have basically said that improving the graphics has given them more opportunity to play with the 'engine' which is 6/7 years old now and as a result the new upgrades take more advantage of everyone's spiffeh graphics cards to take over some of the processing putting less tress on the CPU and hopefully reducing lag - which can only be a good thing imho and should.

It is amazing how much the game has developed since I started playing. When I started if 100 people gathered in any one system there was a possibility of the entire server crashing. Now 100 people in systems is a common event and passes almost without notice. Hell even Jita has + 400 people in it at any one time!

I remember when any fight consisting of over more that 10/15 ships used to lag like shit. These days you can have around 100 people duking it out in a system with relatively minimal lag...

Also the stuff they have planned (albeit not in the next few months) for actually creating 'ambulation' (aka getting out of your ships and walking/interacting with other people in station + assorted 'mini-games/challenges' looks pretty interesting and should help attract a new audience to the game as well as give new excitement to jaded old players like me!

It may not be perfect but it continues to get better consistently - which is probably why it is the only MMO that I have played consistently over 4 years!

Great work CCP!

Amarr Victor

• AristeaAristea Member Posts: 181

I'm happy I found EVE a couple months ago. I'm having fun, while being able to do other things around it it. And I haven't been anywhere yet.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Woo! Prettier graphics! Shame about the game play though. =/

• Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189

damnit that looks sooo cool  

/me watches again :)

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649

Originally posted by AzurePrower

Ooh bet he wished WoW had good graphics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Originally posted by MR-Bubbles

WoW's graphics are fine for the style they are, I just wish the gameplay wasn't so shallow.

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

Originally posted by Jenuviel

Well when I can get off my ship, go on a mission on planet or on station, make new contacts and pick up new missions, head back to my ship and blastoff again, THEN ... EVE will have me and my money hehe.  I kind of wish CCP was working on the Firefly MMORPG.  I know they are working on 'World of Darkness' now, I can't wait to hear more about that.

This is being done.  Its referred to as "Ambulation" and should be up and going sometime in 2008.  Its the next big expansion after Trinity.

• LaterisLateris Member UncommonPosts: 1,831

I am really happy I came back to Eve. I subbed for 3 months and feel I came into the game at a perfect time. My hats off  to you all who have been here since 2003. Trinity looks great-

• DraakskeDraakske Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by Minsc

WoW's graphics are fine for the style they are, I just wish the gameplay wasn't so shallow.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ? saying that eve is shallow is such a B*llsh*t .. eve is one of the most deeply and immersive games you can get ..

i just hope you are talking about another game .. because i reaaaaaaaaaaally don't understand why you would say that ?

or are you talking about WOW ? :p

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by Draakske

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ON ? saying that eve is shallow is such a B*llsh*t .. eve is one of the most deeply and immersive games you can get ..

i just hope you are talking about another game .. because i reaaaaaaaaaaally don't understand why you would say that ?

It's Funny......I can remember when I was deciding which subscription game to play. Literally going back and forth between WOW's and EVE's web page trying to decide ( a couple of others too). I choose EVE and was so confused by the the game I accidentally ejected from my ship and self destructed my pod (LOL that's true). It's easy to see now I made the right decision.

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

It is damn pretty looking. I imagine the overhaul, and especially the ambulation, has as much to do with being a testbed for the WoD game they're working on as it does appeasing the players.

Pretty much everyone there is there for the long haul, and if they haven't left because of the lack of ambulation yet, then it's pretty unlikely that they would had they never added it.

That said, I will take my cake when I can get it. It is moist and delicious.

• GoSonicsGoSonics Member Posts: 167

Originally posted by Draakske

It looks like he's clearly referring to WOW's gameplay.

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Yes I was in fact referring to WoW's gameplay as shallow not EVE's. I've been playing since beta