Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When DF is released which way will you go

outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

Which kind of skill/profession build will you take?

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

Comments

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

I'll be going the way of the thief/archer hybrid, with fast attacks and distance, maybe throw in a little weapon crafting aswell

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Im going for a explorer and pirate character. I want to be the first to sail around the DF world.

Sounds great to me, I like to be the guy at the back of the team shooting damage onto the enemy quietly :p

Like.. some kind of rabid fox :D

Pirates sounds good, Build a base on an island especially for pirating :)

- James Henly

• ReccooReccoo Member Posts: 197

Originally posted by outlaw101

Sounds great to me, I like to be the guy at the back of the team shooting damage onto the enemy quietly :p

Like.. some kind of rabid fox :D

Pirates sounds good, Build a base on an island especially for pirating :)

lol yeah i bet.

But at same time, since DF have no endgame. Maybe a will become a merchant later. When i have a ship and contacts.

Sounds fun, merchant would be great for the social side of the game, always talking to people, mineing resources while chatting,

I always liked gathering resources, I used to play a game called 'ruby eventide' or something that was great for mineing etc

- James Henly

But i hope not the *#¤#"* universal banking system will ruin all my shipping plans.

It would be fun to be a merchant and shipping gods around the DF world, evading other pirates and wars.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Hey OP, you need to change that to IF not When, or maybe IF/When, but When is very misleading.  They don't have a publisher and they have yet to show up at a major game convention with a playable demo for the masses.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• Zaraki199Zaraki199 Member Posts: 101

thre nothing in the gaming laws say they have to show up with a demo and the dev journal on publishers say they have options so yea hold your horses lil lady

• tboxtbox Member Posts: 372

I want to be a battle medic and heal those fallen or hurt!  

And burn down many cities while doing everything against the geneva convention to the women and children of our enemies.

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

I always love playing some sort of rogue/illusionist combo. Daggers + Illusions = <3

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I voted for other since I want to play a Zombie.. Since you know by the time this game finally does it released I will be close to being one.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• daelnordaelnor Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Sounds fun, merchant would be great for the social side of the game, always talking to people, mineing resources while chatting,
    I always liked gathering resources, I used to play a game called 'ruby eventide' or something that was great for mineing etc

You mean this one? : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?SETVIEW=overview&GAMEID=158&bhcp=1

D.

Originally posted by daelnor

You mean this one? : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?SETVIEW=overview&GAMEID=158&bhcp=1

D.

A good turn-based game, only problem was not many played it :(

- James Henly

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

I still strongly belive in the fact that only the hybrids survive in Darkfall, since everything has a counter to something. Having as much as counters as possible is a huge advatange.

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

I think I will make a spy/scout, I believe infiltrating player cities will be fun :)

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Xris375

I think I will make a spy/scout, I believe infiltrating player cities will be fun :)
    Yeah, I'll probably start out along these lines as well, since I prefer to avoid conflict and only fight on my terms.  I love to explore and solo, so I figure this combo will work well for moving here and there with a minimum of fuss.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Sorry i couldn't include more options, only 10 poll things :P but as kyleran says I love thiefs/spys

- James Henly

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by daarco

Im going for a explorer and pirate character. I want to be the first to sail around the DF world.

DF's world is going to be round?  That would be a first, most are flat and you eventually come to the edge and fall off.     

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Neherun

I still strongly belive in the fact that only the hybrids survive in Darkfall, since everything has a counter to something. Having as much as counters as possible is a huge advatange.

This is what will make the DF world spin : )

There is so much to learn/master/know so one person cant do it all. So to be a king or something, you will need a army.

People will come to you and ask for your knowledge....if you are good at something.....you wont get it for free.

I think i have nailed the two things i will try to "master" in DF: sailing and riding.  That way i can explore as much s i want.

• RimmonRimmon Member Posts: 82

Pure damage dealing, earth shaking, fire and brimstone calling mage for me.  The raw power and quick kills outweigh the limited survivability of a frail lil caster.   And besides after playing a mage for the past 8 years or so, between countless games, I’ve gotten pretty damn good at kiting.

... - ..-. ..-

• Xris375Xris375 Member Posts: 1,005

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Xris375

Yeah, I'll probably start out along these lines as well, since I prefer to avoid conflict and only fight on my terms.  I love to explore and solo, so I figure this combo will work well for moving here and there with a minimum of fuss.

It will be very interesting how DF implement stealth with disguise, fake nametags, clothing etc and NO invisibility. It will be a difficult but rewarding way of playing where you are either very good at what you do or very dead.

---
    And when we got more women on the team, it was like ‘No, no, no. We need puppies and horses in there.’ ”
    John Smedley, SOE

• NiaxNiax Member Posts: 84

Using hit and run tactics, my char will be a stealth/ranger, I  would poisin and enchant all my weps so that if you get hit once theres no way you're getting back up. If i couple that with some healing and speed spells itd be pretty hard to take me down.

Edit: sp.