Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If LOTRO really has less then 500,000 accounts, who the hell voted it to be Game of the Year at the

124»

Comments

• AckbarNLAckbarNL Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by openedge1

Yes i agree, but i see you do not fully understand what im saying and dont got my point, as normaly, you can find that level 30 is boring like i said, but don't complain a thousand times over it, thats what i said, but like usally you don't read or go intro my questions, like i said before, why you have to complain a thousand times that it was boring? , we know that now. that what i was saying , but yea i gess you don't care your only replying, the same things over and over aigan no mather what i say, 30 will stay the same weather you like it or not, complaining a thousand times about it wont help you.

I am sorry...but you make it sound like you do not want people to know.

"Quit talking about it so people don't know it is boring at 30+"

But, you then decide to do the same thing by telling me to quit talking about it...Over and Over..your asking me to stop also shows something...

Really, I would not discuss it if you would let it go...

Also, they are just words on a website...they have no power over you, so I don't see why you care? Does it hurt your bottom line? Are you losing money?

Just click the "Block" button for my name...and guess what ...you will never know what I say, and that way you do not have to be "Forum Police"

Also, people have said...if you ignore people, eventually they go away...so, try that and maybe be surprised..

Cheers!

And aigan you do not give any anshers to any of my questions,all you want is attention and fill your own agenda, sigh i gess there is just no conversation to do whit you, i mean you dont even read my posts, i gess block is the only way then...but i probbly still see all the quotes anyhow, so its no point.

Playing: World of Warcraft.
    Played: Lord of the Rings Online, Starwars Galaxies.
    Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

• QuinguQuingu Member Posts: 400

Originally posted by Ginaz

How many times can people vote in for this award?  Sorry, never heard of "Golden Joystick" awards before.
    Yea...that one is based in the UK...so, unless other countries are told to vote...they would not think twice about it...

Good thing Patience posted it all over the place for the LOTRO'ians and said GO VOTE on their forums...

(Like my cool nickname...hehe)

Cheers!

lol you make me laugh, serious go play vanguard and eq2, leave LOTRO alone ;)

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

But, as Dragonace has stated...if I did not post, then these forums would become dull, lifeless, and LOTRO would not rise in the ranks of most hits.

I can actually do more than one thing at a time...and right now, I am working, posting here, reading EQ2 wiki, working on RSS feeds for a website I designed...and checking email...

I will eventually log back into EQ2 soon, so bear with me, as I check posts here, and see what to write...

Thanks for your concern!

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

But, as Dragonace has stated...if I did not post, then these forums would become dull, lifeless, and LOTRO would not rise in the ranks of most hits.

I can actually do more than one thing at a time...and right now, I am working, posting here, reading EQ2 wiki, working on RSS feeds for a website I designed...and checking email...

I will eventually log back into EQ2 soon, so bear with me, as I check posts here, and see what to write...

Thanks for your concern!

Seriously, he's right folks.

The more he posts here the more LoTRo gains exposure for new players to download their trial.  The trial and the game are well done, so if it's the type of game that people like; they'll join.  And all thanks to openedge. 

As to Hellgate beta, I got exactly what I wanted ...a Single player game that I can go online to play...and for that beta, I only got in at the end...and immediately posted a bug there within 1 hour...and now in release...it is gone..
    Cheers!

If you like Hellgate , no wonder you dont like Lotro , i doubth hellgate is the playstyle of any Lotro player...but yea i gess it defently more your style. The game is still full of bugs even after the patches that have been made, although Hellgate is very unique, with its blend of RPG, FPS, and Action Adventure, none of those elements are done very well.

Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

Originally posted by sandage

As to Hellgate beta, I got exactly what I wanted ...a Single player game that I can go online to play...and for that beta, I only got in at the end...and immediately posted a bug there within 1 hour...and now in release...it is gone..
    Cheers!

If you like Hellgate , no wonder you dont like Lotro , i doubth hellgate is the playstyle of any Lotro player...but yea i gess it defently more your style. The game is still full of bugs even after the patches that have been made, although Hellgate is very unique, with its blend of RPG, FPS, and Action Adventure, none of those elements are done very well.

That is a very old post...why do you bring it up here? Also, now that the game is in release...I plan to start hitting those forums with all my gripes...

Why?...first because I can...second...it has turned into as big a disappointment as LOTRO has...

Bummed out...

Cheers!

That is a very old post...why do you bring it up here? Also, now that the game is in release...I plan to start hitting those forums with all my gripes...

Why?...first because I can...second...it has turned into as big a disappointment as LOTRO has...

Bummed out...

ahhhhhh you just love to troll everywhere?

Originally posted by Quingu

Cheers!

Bummed out...

ahhhhhh you just love to troll everywhere?

LOL!  Don't worry LoTRo is his true love, he'll never leave us.  

It's all good though.  Heck, I bet openedge has brought more people into the game than anyone else on these forums.  Thanks again. 

It's all good though.  Heck, I bet openedge has brought more people into the game than anyone else on these forums.  Thanks again. 

True...how true...

That larger population must lead to posts like this one even...

LOTRO Forums

QUOTE: Surely I cannot be the only one with this problem. I have a real hard time finding groups and not even my epic quests get done, they go grey and I end up cancelling them

I am lvl 30 and my quest log is cluttered with group quests that I never get done

The community tag where you look for groups does not seem to be utilized at all by players, never see anybody advertising on it, it is usually via the LFF chat line and even there cannot find a group for stuff

OK so I solo along and despite loving this game, getting kind of sick of not being able to accomplish even the epic quests.

Kinships you say.....bah. Most kinships are just that, a word, nobody helps anybody

Good thing I am sending so many more players along...might need it...

Cheers!

True...how true...

LOTRO Forums

QUOTE: Surely I cannot be the only one with this problem. I have a real hard time finding groups and not even my epic quests get done, they go grey and I end up cancelling them

I am lvl 30 and my quest log is cluttered with group quests that I never get done

The community tag where you look for groups does not seem to be utilized at all by players, never see anybody advertising on it, it is usually via the LFF chat line and even there cannot find a group for stuff

OK so I solo along and despite loving this game, getting kind of sick of not being able to accomplish even the epic quests.

Kinships you say.....bah. Most kinships are just that, a word, nobody helps anybody

Cheers!

Yes, it is a bummer that there are indeed some players that have a hard time finding groups.  It is also a shame that LoTRo is the only MMO game that experiences this problem.

It is also sad that the entire LoTRo forums are jam-packed with posts exactly like the one that you quoted.  There must be thousands, maybe even ten's of thousands of posts expressing the exact same sentiment.  It really is a sad affair. 

Or, for those of you who care to know the truth.  Just visit the forums yourself. 

LOTRO Forums

Decide how prevalent these threads really are.  I'm sure openedge is only trying to be fair and honest, so he won't mind. 

Originally posted by dragonace

True...how true...

LOTRO Forums

Cheers!

Yes, it is a bummer that there are indeed some players that have a hard time finding groups.  It is also a shame that LoTRo is the only MMO game that experiences this problem.

It is also sad that the entire LoTRo forums are jam-packed with posts exactly like the one that you quoted.  There must be thousands, maybe even ten's of thousands of posts expressing the exact same sentiment.  It really is a sad affair. 

Or, for those of you who care to know the truth.  Just visit the forums yourself. 

LOTRO Forums

Decide how prevalent these threads really are.  I'm sure openedge is only trying to be fair and honest, so he won't mind. 

Now, of course, one could take a users post and take it out of context...then you would have a post like the above..

As it was never stated that this is the only type of post that exists there...but merely an inkling of posts that commonly appear.  Yet, if the game is so populated...why would these posts exist in the first place?

For example...these posts appear for EQ2 as well...as it is a game that has existed for 3 years where most every character is above the level needed for grouping for beginning players...this is an obvious situation...not a situation for a game that has only been out since April..

Also, since Burning Crusade..WoW has also had to deal with posts like these...with grouping issues.....in the beginning area's...

But, with the influx of customers I am bringing...these posts on the LOTRO (and MMORPG) forums should dry up..

Good news...right?

Thanks

True...how true...

LOTRO Forums

Cheers!

LOTRO Forums

Now, of course, one could take a users post and take it out of context...then you would have a post like the above..

As it was never stated that this is the only type of post that exists there...but merely an inkling of posts that commonly appear.  Yet, if the game is so populated...why would these posts exist in the first place?

For example...these posts appear for EQ2 as well...as it is a game that has existed for 3 years where most every character is above the level needed for grouping for beginning players...this is an obvious situation...not a situation for a game that has only been out since April..

Also, since Burning Crusade..WoW has also had to deal with posts like these...with grouping issues.....in the beginning area's...

But, with the influx of customers I am bringing...these posts on the LOTRO (and MMORPG) forums should dry up..

Good news...right?

Thanks

Nah, they will never dry up. 

There are some players out there, that even though they have decided that LoTRo is not the game for them; they still visit LoTRo forums on a regular basis to make sure that every single other visitor knows their opinions on the game. 

Hard to believe I know, but it does happen. 

It's all good though; because I give the average visitor to forums a bit more credit than most.  I believe that most forum visitors are going to be able to see what is truth and what is not; especially when it's of a consistent nature.

Another thing most forum visitors also recoginze is the reason for most ex-players frequent postings and visits to LoTRo forums.  That reason you ask... jealousy.  When a player can't find arguments to build up the game they like to play, or they find their own player population not what they want it to be; it's a natural tendency to try and tear down other player's games. 

You might even notice a player like that visiting and posting more about the game they supposedly hate than the game they supposedly love.  Some have even progressed to point of it being an obsession or an addiction.  However, those are the extremes; the vast majority of forum posters realize that it was just a game, and move on with their life. 

ONah, they will never dry up. 

There are some players out there, that even though they have decided that LoTRo is not the game for them; they still visit LoTRo forums on a regular basis to make sure that every single other visitor knows their opinions on the game. 
    Hard to believe I know, but it does happen. 
    It's all good though; because I give the average visitor to forums a bit more credit than most.  I believe that most forum visitors are going to be able to see what is truth and what is not; especially when it's of a consistent nature.
    Another thing most forum visitors also recoginze is the reason for most ex-players frequent postings and visits to LoTRo forums.  That reason you ask... jealousy.  When a player can't find arguments to build up the game they like to play, or they find their own player population not what they want it to be; it's a natural tendency to try and tear down other player's games. 
    You might even notice a player like that visiting and posting more about the game they supposedly hate than the game they supposedly love.  Some have even progressed to point of it being an obsession or an addiction.  However, those are the extremes; the vast majority of forum posters realize that it was just a game, and move on with their life. 

Then on the other coin..are those people who say they are "players" of LOTRO...yet, seem to be on the forums more often looking for any post that does not state how great LOTRO is, than actually playing...but, will say it is while they are working...

But, it would be nice if that poster had something else to do while waiting to leave work, like say, research quests, tradeskills, character classes, and review their own data online...but, their game of choice does not offer this...

I do agree that the average forum poster will be able to tell those who have seen the shortcomings of a game, and are able to constructively post data to that effect to show factual information of why the game may be less than stellar...and the difference of the "fan" of the game, who offers no other data, but to strictly make comments about the constructive poster, or post threads about "sales pitches" or "erroneous data" with no bearing on fact...but call it fact...because they think a player that has left the game does not have anything further to add...

Makes you wonder why jobs do exit interviews...they left...so who cares why they left...hmm?

Cheers!

If people have trobbles finding groups , then i truly belief that problem realy lies whit themselfs, and thay just are not trying hard enough, if the only thing you do is spam "LF3M Towering Champions" one a min then ofcourse you rarly find anyone... Just search players up, you need a minstrel, search up all minstrels on the server and look for the one around the required levels and that are ungrouped and send them a nice tell like "Hello we are looking for a Minstrel for the quest "Towering Champoins" do you have that quest or are you willing to help whit it, we can summon you right to location if needed. " you be amazed hoe many actuly got the quest and how many are willing to help! This way i always got a full group whit the classes i want whitnin less then 5 min. and asking your Kingship also helps, but just sitting around a location spamming the same message every min , just does not work...you got to do a little more effort then that.

True...how true...

LOTRO Forums

Cheers!

LOTRO Forums

Good news...right?

Thanks

EQ2 -3814 topics 53269 menssages

LOTRO 13,146 topics 252,918 menssages

so as you can see LOTRO forums are away much more active then eq2, since you need an active lotro subscription to post there, does this means that LOTRO has like 3 or 4 times the subscribers that EQ2 has?

remember this only for USA subscribers if i had there euro subscribers could that means LOTRO has 10 times more subscribers then eq2.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

One of the problems with LoTRO that the poster might have issue with is that sometimes if you play at off times it can be hard to find the group your looking for.   Also if you are not in a kinship in this game, it will definitely make finding groups a bit harder.    LoTRO is a very heavy kinship game.

LoTRO needs to make a general channel that crosses zones so a player that needs an epic quest in the Lonelands can see that from North Downs.    Getting that group together can be tough if the people that need the quest can't see your message.   Sadly, most people don't know or use the in game LFG tool nearly as effectively as in DDO.    This is one area Turbine needs to put some attention into because there alot of quests in the game and at off hours it is definitely a little harder for pick up players to find groups sometimes.

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

so as you can see LOTRO forums are away much more active then eq2, since you need an active lotro subscription to post there, does this means that LOTRO has like 3 or 4 times the subscribers that EQ2 has?
    remember this only for USA subscribers if i had there euro subscribers could that means LOTRO has 10 times more subscribers then eq2.

That's a fallacious argument. You don't have to post in the forums if you have an account, so there could be people who have accounts that don't post. There's no correlation. What it does mean is that EQ2 players post in their forums less than LOTRO players. And that is all.

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

Originally posted by Jaxom92

That's a fallacious argument. You don't have to post in the forums if you have an account, so there could be people who have accounts that don't post. There's no correlation. What it does mean is that EQ2 players post in their forums less than LOTRO players. And that is all.

So...could it mean...more people play EQ2, and have less time for posting...while maybe more have already maxed level in LOTRO, and just don't have anything to do...so, are posting in their forums?

Could it also mean forums get pruned every so often and archived to prevent database overload so the numbers show a lesser amount?

Fascinating thoughts

Cheers!

• Scorn_ArkaneScorn_Arkane Member Posts: 189

Active users does not mean great game.

• onezero1onezero1 Member Posts: 6

I voted for it and Im still enjoying it!

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by Scorn_Arkane

Active users does not mean great game.

and vice-versa.