Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has the creation changed?

Hello

I quit Lotro a couple of months after release and now I some questions for you guys still in there,

Has the character customization changed anything since then? I mean the looks of your character when you first make one? I thought it was quite blend, most characters ending up looking very alike.

Has the armors/clothing changed anything since the release? back then I found it a bit dull and most of them looked pretty similar (played up to level 30).

Has the graphics changed anything about your character? I thought that your char looked wrong and had strange poses, hands looked very stiff and necks bent in strange ways.

Well, thanks for your time!

Comments

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete Member Posts: 559

short answer is no

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

Nope, the character creation screen is still the same. Honestly Im satisfied with the options though because I rarely see anyone remotely looking like me. With there plans on how to handle Armour I doubt theyll have many duplicates anymore. I do expect theyll update the CC though.

• Saurus930Saurus930 Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by Techleo

With there plans on how to handle Armour I doubt they'll have many duplicates anymore. I do expect they'll update the CC though.

What are their plans to handle armor, and are those plans already in the game?

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005
    Originally posted by Saurus930

Hello

I quit Lotro a couple of months after release and now I some questions for you guys still in there,

Has the character customization changed anything since then? I mean the looks of your character when you first make one? I thought it was quite blend, most characters ending up looking very alike.
    Has the armors/clothing changed anything since the release? back then I found it a bit dull and most of them looked pretty similar (played up to level 30).

Has the graphics changed anything about your character? I thought that your char looked wrong and had strange poses, hands looked very stiff and necks bent in strange ways.

Well, thanks for your time!

The next patch release, Book 12 I believe, will have more character customization. Details haven't been released yet though.

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

The concept they have with armour is that as you level you can progressively improve your armours stats without changing the armour peice. Found a peice of Iron Mail you like but dont like the look? Thats ok, just pass it on to the armour you own capable of supporting those stats The idea basically is that each person doesnt have to sacrifice there look for better stats. RP wise this is exceptable since people could just say they updated the armour there already wearing. Personally Id like to keep my early elf armour

• Saurus930Saurus930 Member Posts: 115

The concept they have with armour is that as you level you can progressively improve your armours stats without changing the armour peice. Found a peice of Iron Mail you like but dont like the look? Thats ok, just pass it on to the armour you own capable of supporting those stats The idea basically is that each person doesnt have to sacrifice there look for better stats. RP wise this is exceptable since people could just say they updated the armour there already wearing. Personally Id like to keep my early elf armour

Wow, that sound's great, I really like that idea!

Any ideas when book 12 is released then? I really would like some change to the CC before I re-join.

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

Book 11 just got released, so I'd expect mid to late January.

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Saurus930

Wow, that sound's great, I really like that idea!

Any ideas when book 12 is released then? I really would like some change to the CC before I re-join.

Here's a snippet from this link: lotro.tentonhammer.com/index.php

"The cosmetics revamp for Book 12 has been a hot topic for some time now. During the chat, we did receive a few answers on some of the new changes slated for Book 12. Keth mentioned Book 12 will have a barber shop that will allow players to change their hair styles, facial hair, or even add something like a scar or other facial features. He also mentioned this little service won't be free. Hair cut and a shave? Two bits?

To add an even deeper option to appearance the developers are adding a new "Outfit System." This new system will allow players to wear one set of armor, but have the appearance of another set while maintaining their stats. You could wear a set of Mirrored Elvish armor, but maybe you liked the old copper armor look better. Now you can have it and keep your stats too. Not enough cloths for you? Well fear not. Dresses and a variety of social clothing will be added with Book 12 to offer an even larger variety of appearances for your avatar. The combination of this new system and all the new cloths should make for a variety of appearances.

There are two catches to this new system. You can't appear to wear armor you normally couldn't wear. A Lore-master can't appear to have Mirrored Ancient Armour and the system is not active in the Ettenmoors. This should eliminate any pvp concerns since you can't hide what you have within the Ettens."