Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO DirectX 10 Screenshot Winners: Week 1

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

That water diffusion is probably the top reason I want to eventually get Vista and DX10.

Here's a good example of what the water edges look like with and without DX10, just for comparison: http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w287/Jaxom92/Evendim/DX10Comparison.png

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Sure is pretty to look at I'll give the game that, but not much else.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Ive said it before, LOTRO is probably one of the most visually stmimulating MMORPgs out there. Perhaps Vanguard is a little better, but not by much

Torrential

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Die_Scream

Sure there is...you also get...the eventual loss of 10-20FPS...so until Microsoft fixes THAT issue..DX10 is just a waste of resources right now

Cheers!

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Sure is nice of Turbine to offer an option for it's customers that want to be on the cutting edge of graphics.  I'm not planning on upgrading to DX10 anytime soon, but I'm glad that LoTRo offers that choice to it's customers. 

I wish more developers would give their customers choices like this.  It's definitely a step in the right direction.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by solareus

Originally posted by openedge1

Originally posted by Die_Scream

Sure there is...you also get...the eventual loss of 10-20FPS...so until Microsoft fixes THAT issue..DX10 is just a waste of resources right now

Cheers!

I have zero performance hit running LotRO with dx10 enabled . Crysis plays superbly in dx10.

Congrats...but, it has not been the consensus..do you maybe have some data to back that up?

Here is mine

Real Benchmarks

QUOTE: DirectX 10 performance on the two fastest video cards on the market, to be frank, shocked us. As you can see from the above graph, the GeForce 8800 Ultra and the GeForce 8800 GTX both failed to maintain framerates above 30 frames-per-second for a significant portion of our testing routine.

Wonder who I should believe.....

Cheers!