Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Max settings possible?

ALLNIGHTERALLNIGHTER Member Posts: 31

Hello,

Two questions:

1)  I'm running a Quad Core 6700 OC'd to 3.2, 680i Mobo, 2 Gig of RAM, and SLI 8800 GTX.  I thought I was able to max the graphics settings: all sliders maxed with 1900x1200 res. But it looks like the game stutters a lot.  Any advice on how I should adjust the settings to get a good balance on visuals and performance? 

2)  Does the game support SLI for 8800 GTX and what te best driver for this game?

Comments

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by ALLNIGHTER

Hello,
    Two questions:
    1)  I'm running a Quad Core 6700 OC'd to 3.2, 680i Mobo, 2 Gig of RAM, and SLI 8800 GTX.  I thought I was able to max the graphics settings: all sliders maxed with 1900x1200 res. But it looks like the game stutters a lot.  Any advice on how I should adjust the settings to get a good balance on visuals and performance? 
    2)  Does the game support SLI for 8800 GTX and what te best driver for this game?

It's insane that you're having performance issues. I blame bad coding. A friend of mine with quite a similar comp can't run the game on highest settings either :/

• SiyahSiyah Member Posts: 131

Same issue here... 4GB RAM and Raid 0 won't solve the problem either.

• roalandroaland Member UncommonPosts: 185

check the tech suport forums...it may not be compatable with SLI....i heard someone in chat that had the same problem and he had SLI....other then that not sure

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well, it is possible to max out all the graphics, ill tell you how.

Buy A Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor that  has the specs of

3.0 GHZ, and 2x4mb chance.

Or Buy the two amd 4x4 processors at least $400 cheaper now

Buy at least  2 Geforce 8800 Ultra's make sure you get good ones with lifetime warranty

Buy your cpu a good cooler

Buy 4 Gigs DDR 2 memory ,or even 8 Gigs DDR2 Memory, you may think im nut's but my vista uses almost all 4 gigs of ram to play games and is dying for more, maybe you can get by on 6 gigs though.

Run 2X Western Digital Raptor's or something in raid, or more of your choice, but they gotta be fast.

Buy an AGEIA Physics X processor.

Buy a Good Sound Card, not an on board.

Buy maybe a Killer NIC Card, if you can fit it into the pc.

You may think sound card's dont matter, or a Killer NIC Card doesnt matter, or 2 geforce 8800 Ultra's dont matter, but the fact's are the shadder clocks do matter, and the sound card's help take the load off the processing unit if you get a good one, disable the old one, and put the new one in, also the killer NIC Card has its own processor too which helps lower Lag, and Increase fps, as so does the physics card.

Video cards

Physics Cards

Sound Cards

KILLER NIC Cards

These all have their own processors that combine more power along with the Main CPU, or CPU's.

NOTE. Never buy a premade computer, always build your own, otherwise it will suck big times, read the manual, it comes with instruction's on every part you purchase of how to put your pc together, I have built my own, and I didnt even read anything on how to do it, I even installed a liquid system in 30 minutes + chceked for leaks, and for 2 Years I have not had one problem with it yet, other than the fact my pc is kind of outdated now.

Those Stupid Tech's out there, and computer builders that sell gaming computers with No Sound Card that is not intergraded, or no 8800 Ultra installed, or no raid hard drive, or very little hard disc space, or only 2 gigs of ram are idiot's, becuase windows vista today if your using it eats up loads of memory for everything, but vista is great, Im running vista, got a few issues with it, only because my hardware is not vista certified, but it still does ok.

When I play a game max graphics it eats up about 85-95% of my 4 gigs of ram though.

• ALLNIGHTERALLNIGHTER Member Posts: 31

Another issue I noticed is that when I look at the sky I see different shades of blue streaking across the sky in wavy lines.  Looks like the colors aren't meshed to form one congruent color!  Had the same problem with LOTRO.  My my specs, I was able to play crysis on high setting with no stuttering whatsoever.  Wierd.  Maybe another damn vista issue.  =(.  I like the game a lot so far, just can't stand the stuttering.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well could be a number of thing's, would help with a snap shot being posted too.

#1 Could be that it is a vista issue

#2 could be the game software is damaged, or messed up, or not compatable with vista

#3 Maybe you need to allow it through DEP, and allow it to run in windows xp SP2 since your using vista, but maybe you dont have to run it in compatability mode, because world of warcraft messes up if you run it in compatability mode in vista.

#4 Could be your drivers.

#5 Could be your Video Card is damaged

#6 Could be Your Stuff is over heating

#7 Could be that  You need to turn down your graphics or choose a different resolution, Try using native resolution, try enable things like tripple buffering, and ect.

#8 For Example a 19 inch display uses a native resolution of 1280 X1024, try using the native that your monitor uses, tell me the size of your monitor if you dotnt know ill look it up for you.

#9 Too big of monitors and settings maybe your graphics card isnt powerfull enough for those who run like 40 inch displays.

#10 Test your video card with other games find out if it is getting good FPS.

#11  IT is really hard to tell when your not on the other person's computer actually seeing it happen, unless they brining you their computer :D.

I had an issue way back with graphics tearing where it would say, Your display driver has stopped respoinding and have recovered, and if I left a game idle it would freeze, and I found out it was becuase my graphics card was damaged.

IS your poiwer supply big enough for your pc build?

Oh Yeah and did you add or update any hardware in your pc, if it isnt a custom built pc, maybe you put hardware in it, and it needs more power or something.

• velksvelks Member Posts: 33

I am running a AMD X2 5000 Black edition, 2 Gigs ram, Abit motherboard, 8800 gts 320 meg.  I can run at Max out of towns, by turning off foliage displacment.  Doubles the frame rate, and you really don;t miss it.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

I've run it at max settings for a couple of years never really had an issue with it the only thing that DOES cause slow down is cloth simulation..go into settings and turn it off and bingo one beutiful looking game.

AMD Athlon64 x2 5600

2 gig ram

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition

300 gig HD

7800GTX's sli

Works like a charm for me

Originally posted by ALLNIGHTER

Another issue I noticed is that when I look at the sky I see different shades of blue streaking across the sky in wavy lines.  Looks like the colors aren't meshed to form one congruent color!  Had the same problem with LOTRO.  My my specs, I was able to play crysis on high setting with no stuttering whatsoever.  Wierd.  Maybe another damn vista issue.  =(.  I like the game a lot so far, just can't stand the stuttering.

Oh dear something similar happened to me..new processor as a result

On both games i might add..nothing happened with bioshock played like a dream but going back to those 2 games caused my wallet pain

• TeganxTeganx Member Posts: 401
    Wtf? I ran it maxed out on my macbook pro. I had some lag here and there but nothing I couldnt handle.

playing: darkfall
    waiting: earthrise

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310
    Originally posted by fozzie22

I've run it at max settings for a couple of years never really had an issue with it the only thing that DOES cause slow down is cloth simulation..go into settings and turn it off and bingo one beutiful looking game.

AMD Athlon64 x2 5600
    2 gig ram
    Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition
    300 gig HD
    7800GTX's sli

Works like a charm for me

i have a very similar system even almost the same mother board lol. M2N SLI Deluxe with 570 MCP chip set. 5600 X2 running at a slightly overclocked rate at 2.940 ghz using my Zalman 9700 LED (awesome cooler by the way) 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2  i got 2 Raptor X hd's 10k RPM SATA II 74gb and 150gb. 8800 GTS 640mb and i can play at near max, the particle system tends to bog down my system, run it at 1680x1050 resolution which is my 22" LCD Widescreen MAx resolution.but textures is on max, water is maxxed, lighting is on high-max, models high-max, and shadows on though the shadows still turn off after a while for some reason, i hope they fix this silly bug.

its the raids of 24 people i really have to drop everything down to damn near high performance to work properly.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

I did forget to add i run it on an 19 inch moniter...the blown CPU put paid for now at least my dreams of a sexy new panel

• adders666adders666 Member Posts: 259

i have a P4 3.0Ghz with 1 gb of ram and an x800 pro, and i can run the game in very high quality in open zones (apart from darklight woods) thanks to putting my paging file on a flash usb stick also disabled page file resizing, before i took this step i could barely get along on balanced because of hard drive lag, so maybe either

1. turn off page file resizing

2. if u have a 1gb+ flash memory stick shove your page file on there and fill the flash disk up with it

hope this helps

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

I have an AMD 3700+, 2 gig RAM, Geforce 7600 GT and I run extreme settings just fine. Mind you, ever since RoK, I have to reboot about every two hours or so, whereas it was 6 before the release, but I can play it everywhere but in the cities where it lags REALLY bad.

I don't know what some peoples problems are but if I can run it, you should be able to too.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

DX9 is borked (not yours, the whole API).  You could never implement it to it’s full “potential” and I doubt any PC ever will.  To many of it’s features are processor and memory bandwidth hogs, Shadows and Specular lighting are big offenders but not the only ones.  Games that look good and perform well use DX9 features sparingly, but this wasn’t well understood when EQ2 was in production. 

I remember back when the latest Doom engine was revealed and it didn’t use DX9 style shadows (it’s OGL, but DX9 features have OGL equivalents) now we know why a dark shadow filled game like that would choke if you tried to do it using DX9 shadows. 

• MakurosuMakurosu Member Posts: 30
    I have an AMD X2 3800+, 4GB DDR2, an 8800 GTS, and I'm running x64 Vista. I can run in extreme settings pretty well. I turned off shadows to see if that would help with the out of memory errors that have cropped up since RoK. It generally takes me a couple of hours before I get the OOM error, unless I'm in Gorowyn. There it's considerably less time before an error.