Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When does the PvP start?

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I played this game a couple of months ago and got to level 40 but I got bored and quit since I didnt see any PvP, at all. So is there any active PvP going on in this game, with castle raiding and all that or is it just all fluff?

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

There is PvP all around, but at lower levels it is much harder to find. Once you get into the 60s, you will find a LOT more PvP. Because this past time I had resubscribed, I got into the 60s and then I would group more with higher levels. I would suggest playing Lineage 2 with that 40 and get him/her to 52, and if you find it boring quit again and take a few months break and then come back and get to 61... I know it is kind of tedious and annoying but this is what I did to make it seem like I had skipped the grind lol. Also, once you get into 60s, you can easily join groups during sieges (join a non-neutral guild obviously) because there are always a few open spots in some parties.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

You can find it as early as level 1 if you're *really* that driven. :)

Beyond that, there's the potential for PvP all the way up though, yeah, it really becomes more prevalent in the later levels.

However, a friend of mine has gone red at least a couple times now on his level 2x dwarf - once by fighting off people camping in his hunting spot and wouldn't leave when asked to, the other time by killing an untagged "unknown" on a siege field (yes, he was participating in a siege... his low level and oath armor worked to his advantage as no one took him seriously... 'til he successfully stunned a healer or two).

So you can find PvP if you want to earlier on, but it becomes easier to find - or even sometimes finds you - later on for sure.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

around lvl 60 for most classes, they's not really pvp before that you might end up in a fight with someone over a exp spot or get pked bye a random player killer, but most likley you have to get to lvl 60 before you can join a clan with war's.

It depend's on server tho on Teon they are a few clan's with war's that will recruit lvl 60's and also depend's on your class.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

DAOC has a series of  BATTLE GROUNDS for lower level players, that provide an ability to join others and fight in an organized way to take keeps or towers from other players like the more advanced players do.Does Lineage 2 provide anything like this to provide some fun as you grind up in levels ?

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

Learn to PK

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Hows the PvP on Lineage compare to other PvP games? Is it more like WoW (Instanced and watered down), DAOC (free for all but in specific areas), or GW?

Torrential

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

its more or less, if you do it - you just lost 2 hours of grinding because no matter what, if you die in pvp or pk - u lose exp, you can "duel" but it isnt fun at all

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

Originally posted by Czzarre

Hows the PvP on Lineage compare to other PvP games? Is it more like WoW (Instanced and watered down), DAOC (free for all but in specific areas), or GW?
    Torrential

its open so you can pk anyone making em lose a % off they exp, then they's clanwar's where both clan's can declare on each other and lose 1/4 % off a orginal death. it has siege's to and maybe the new fortresses can spice up the pvp.

it's a lot better then wow pvp, but it has lost a lot off the old appeal...

the classes are horrbile balanced in pvp, some classes can 1 shot other's when both are fully buffed

it's also a very gear dependet game, and the high end thing's are really exespensive with people paying 400 million's or a 5 time's more for good item's with you can't really get legal, unleass you work the market.

cheating has screwed up a lot, the top pvp clan's use radaer's and all sorts off thing's so they know when you come

blessed scroll's off escape's and spamming off all sort's of potion's cheap and very exespensive has also screwed it up a lot but everyone does it.

Hero's are way overpowred in pvp

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

When does PvP start?

As soon as you hit someone of course. Nothing is stopping you but imagined barriers and assumptions.