Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sarnak question

sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

The Eq2 webpage says they are an evil race but in all the previews they were called a netural race that could be either.

I really wanted to be a Sarnak Swashbuckler so if they are evil then that will suck.

especially considering the Sarnak hate the Iksar so them both being on the same side at the offset makes very little sense.

so are they neutral?

Comments

• tenpigstenpigs Member UncommonPosts: 68

Well they certainly seem to be evil because in my Character window, the factions listed are that Qeynos and Faydwer scowls and indifferent with Neriak and Freeport!

I have been in Neriak running about so I guess that should answer your question.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Sarnak are evil

eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Character_Race

only neutral and evil classes can start at Gorowyn

• JelachJelach Member Posts: 2

I believe the backstory logic is:  The Sarnak are considered 'evil' because they were expressly bred to be warriors.  So they are not evil in the sense that they want to run out and kill everything in sight, but because of their genetics.

I, for that reason, would have preferred them to be considered neutral, myself.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

To be honest, they may be called evil but they really are not. If you watch their quest lines and how they treat each other and others, there's nothing evil about them. They are more.... racially self interested.

You know the quest in Neriak that tells you to find some pure souls, harvest them, and then release them into the Well of Nightmares so they can suffer forever? Well, you won't find anything like that from the Sarnak.

Really, I don't think they belong in the "evil" section. They're more neutral.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by sinloi

The Eq2 webpage says they are an evil race but in all the previews they were called a netural race that could be either.
    I really wanted to be a Sarnak Swashbuckler so if they are evil then that will suck.
    especially considering the Sarnak hate the Iksar so them both being on the same side at the offset makes very little sense.

so are they neutral?

They are listed as evil.  You can still be a Sarnak Swashie though, all you need to do is start life as a Brigand then betray to Qeynos.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Sarnaks were originally going to be neutral but they decided that didn’t really fit the EQ lore so they were changed to evil in their methods and motives but “inwardly focused” so they don’t care about any larger struggles between good/evil and don’t care about outsiders who don’t get in their way.  This means Evil classes and Neutral races + Sarnaks can start in Gorowyn good/evil races typically have their own agendas and are not welcome on mass, but you can still betray of course.