Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW vs. Guild Wars

167891012»

Comments

• Bobjones1303Bobjones1303 Member Posts: 680
    I honestly don't see why anyone would move to WoW instead of Eq2 or guild wars......WoW is horrible.  Its even amazing that some people are moving from Eq1 to WoW, WoW is Eq1, only alot worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal server

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Guild Wars is nothing like a traditional MMORPG and therefore along the standard lines of EQ, DAOC, WOW, etc. it is a totally different game experience. I wish people would stop comparing them consistently because they are not the same type of game. I am an alpha tester been for awhile and yes I know what I am talking about. Anyone that did play the 3 day event for E3 who has any MMORPG experience and background can very well back me up on this.

GW will draw it's own crowd as will WOW and all the others but I just can't figure out how they continually get compared to and honestly who really gives  two shit's about it. So many people are so overtly opinionated without having any valid foundation for being so. even if you played the E3 event you still don't know much about the game and the changes that continue to happen etc. and what the end product will be like. Of course this post is surely a waste of time as well....

Also there is a spell checker on everyone's tool bar when they post not sure why people find it so hard to use you know.

It's a simple world for complicated people!
    Sonicbrew

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• TulkamirTulkamir Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by Bobjones1303
    I honestly don't see why anyone would move to WoW instead of Eq2 or guild wars......WoW is horrible. Its even amazing that some people are moving from Eq1 to WoW, WoW is Eq1, only alot worse.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever even played WoW? Or are you just one of those idiot EQ fanboys who dislike WoW for the principle of it? I'm guessing the latter.

Originally posted by Tulkamir

I honestly don't see why anyone would move to WoW instead of Eq2 or guild wars......WoW is horrible. Its even amazing that some people are moving from Eq1 to WoW, WoW is Eq1, only alot worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you ever even played WoW? Or are you just one of those idiot EQ fanboys who dislike WoW for the principle of it? I'm guessing the latter.

Have you played Eq2 or GW?  I doubt you haven't even played Eq1.  Oh yeah, you just hate all three of them (GW, Eq2, and Eq1) because they are better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by Tulkamir Originally posted by Bobjones1303I honestly don't see why anyone would move to WoW instead of Eq2 or guild wars......WoW is horrible. Its even amazing that some people are moving from Eq1 to WoW, WoW is Eq1, only alot worse.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-EQ1 character:Grotub, shaman of the Tribunal serverHave you ever even played WoW? Or are you just one of those idiot EQ fanboys who dislike WoW for the principle of it? I'm guessing the latter.
    Have you played Eq2 or GW? I doubt you haven't even played Eq1. Oh yeah, you just hate all three of them (GW, Eq2, and Eq1) because they are better.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't say I hate any of them. In fact, I think that all those games are going to be great. I just said you are an EQ Fanboy(which you are), because every EQ fanboy I've seen has said WoW sucks, just for the principle of it. For the record, I plan on buying EQ2 as well as WoW.

[edit] By the way, if you read any of my posts you'd note that I think that GW is going to be awsome, so why would you say I hate it? Are you retarded? If you are I'm sorry for replying to you, I didn't know. [/edit]

Originally posted by Tulkamir

Are you retarded? If you are I'm sorry for replying to you, I didn't know.

Have you seen me flame people?  Cause i'm sure you don't want any of them to be directed at you!  Because apparently we're not completly on different sides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you seen me flame people? Cause i'm sure you don't want any of them to be directed at you! Because apparently we're not completly on different sides.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No, we're not, and no, I haven't. I have no idea why you'd have assumed we were, but you did. And I can garuntee that threatening me with your flames will do nothing. As they themselves, would do nothing.

So, with that in mind, how's about we start over, know that you assumed something not said, nor implied, and I got pissed at it and flamed you like a dick. :)

• xStarGirlxxStarGirlx Member Posts: 4

technically, he flamed WoW first image 

i think all games are great within themselves for all individual reasons.  just because you dislike a game (that hasnt even come out yet ...) doesnt give you a right to pass judgement on it as wether its going to be better than another. (that also hasnt come out).  dont be ignorant and criticize a game based upon the information theres on the internet. which brings me to the age-old saying:

you cannot judge a book by its cover.

• PsouthPsouth Member Posts: 128

CONGRATULATIONS ELDAR!!!

You started the longest thread i have ever seen on mmorpg.com!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I do always say taste the rainbow but i always sift through my bag o' skittles to get to the white ones.

Originally posted by Psouth

CONGRATULATIONS ELDAR!!!
    You started the longest thread i have ever seen on mmorpg.com!imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I do always say taste the rainbow but i always sift through my bag o' skittles to get to the white ones.

GRATS ELDAR!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198

You know what that means if this is the biggest thread ever , that GW already has Huge!!! recognition and hype and that its competitors already fear it.

And as its second meaning it also shows how WoW ppl beleive that GW will be its closest competitor rather than EQ2 which i also beleive as well.

LoL its a win - win for me though cuz im gonna buy both LoL

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

Originally posted by 2pacalypse

You know what that means if this is the biggest thread ever , that GW already has Huge!!! recognition and hype and that its competitors already fear it.
    And as its second meaning it also shows how WoW ppl beleive that GW will be its closest competitor rather than EQ2 which i also beleive as well.
    LoL its a win - win for me though cuz im gonna buy both LoL

actually this isn't the biggest thread i've ever seen, i have seen alot bigger threads than this, but this is a really big thread, probly the biggest on the GW forums.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198

Well even if its not the biggest the rest still stay the same about what i said

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

Originally posted by 2pacalypse

Well even if its not the biggest the rest still stay the same about what i said

by the way, very few eq2 people post on these game vs. game stuff, so thats why there isn't many with Eq2 vs. so and so.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~