Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reflections of Dev Journal 18

outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

One thing that i felt good about was that prestige classes are likely not to be in the game at launch, They've got their priorities correct, Quality is greater than quantity.

The new screenshots look great, they look dark and barren, what i'd expect for continents at continuous war, The new dev journal certainly answered alot of questions we had!

Can't wait for 19 now :D

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

Comments

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

I'm loving the sound of clans owning certain resource locations, such as mines. I can imagine finding out that someone has been leeching your resources, then going round to his house, knocking it down and breaking his legs.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by outlaw101

One thing that i felt good about was that prestige classes are likely not to be in the game at launch, They've got their priorities correct, Quality is greater than quantity.
    They  are starting to tell us about things that were supposed to be in the game at release that they are going to leave out, and that makes  you happy?

what happened to people saying they were glad the game is taking so long beacuse it will be totally complete at release?

Guess what? it won't be complete. This is the first of many things they will leave out.

So them announcing they are going to release an incomplete game makes you happy? Crazy fanbois!

• Thomas2641Thomas2641 Member Posts: 143
    Originally posted by ghoul31

They  are starting to tell us about things that were supposed to be in the game at release that they are going to leave out, and that makes  you happy?

what happened to people saying they were glad the game is taking so long beacuse it will be totally complete at release?

Guess what? it won't be complete. This is the first of many things they will leave out.

So them announcing they are going to release an incomplete game makes you happy? Crazy fanbois!

If the only thing you can do in the darkfall forums is to bash darkfall, then what are you actually doing here?

Originally posted by Thomas2641

If the only thing you can do in the darkfall forums is to bash darkfall, then what are you actually doing here?

I am not bashing Darkfall, I am bashing fanbois. Every time The Devs announce bad news, the fanbois jump on here and tell everyone how happy it makes them, in some bizarre spin attempt

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

I am not bashing Darkfall, I am bashing fanbois. Every time The Devs announce bad news, the fanbois jump on here and tell everyone how happy it makes them, in some bizarre spin attempt

You are doing both and adding very little value... but then i guess a ghoul consultant with such a negative view point is the last thing darkfall needs.

• Thomas2641Thomas2641 Member Posts: 143

Well like the previous guy said, you are never adding anything of value to these threads. If you don't have anything constructive to say, please stay away!

• Zaraki199Zaraki199 Member Posts: 101

most of us fanbois didnt want prestige classes anyways lol or dont care either way if they leave them out for a patch that means there on a deadline so relax ghoul and stop being so darn negative

Well like the previous guy said, you are never adding anything of value to these threads. If you don't have anything constructive to say, please stay away!

I  add truth. If you want to keep spreading lies, then I will call you on it.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Gods and Heroes

Is this game taking the same route?  Please no - there is a very sharp drop off (cliff) at the end of this road

Shudder

no they dont have another game to work on

get over yourself we all know there still working on it and there going to release in 2008 they hinted it in dev journal 18 but what ever

in my opinion  XD but yea its been proven there hard at work : )

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351
    Originally posted by Zaraki199

get over yourself we all know there still working on it and there going to release in 2008 they hinted it in dev journal 18 but what ever

It's best not to try and justify yourself to the flamers, Just block them.

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• ButcherBillButcherBill Member Posts: 32

They also said the game would be out in 2003.

They also said they could hold a Beta tomorrow if they wanted to in another Dev journal.

But yet the game was never out in 2003 and there still is no Beta even though they can hold one tomorrow if they want.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck is the reason of saying publically that you can hold a Beta tomorrow if you want and than NOT do it?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Originally posted by ButcherBill

They also said the game would be out in 2003.

They also said they could hold a Beta tomorrow if they wanted to in another Dev journal.

But yet the game was never out in 2003 and there still is no Beta even though they can hold one tomorrow if they want.

Can anyone tell me what the #%&@ is the reason of saying publically that you can hold a Beta tomorrow if you want and than NOT do it?

Well, they may have noticed the phenomenon of people finding flaws in the beta and then openly crucifying the game in public forums, sometimes in advance of the NDA being removed. (TR and AOC are recent examples of this phenomenon).

TR proved that a game can improve significantly between the final few beta cuts and the final release (from what I've read) so maybe Adventurine has decided that holding broad public beta's really aren't in their best interest.

Though few will believe it..... its possible for an MMORPG to release w/o much of a public beta.... in fact, a lot of other software created is released w/o one....games being a notable exception, along with operating systems and other broad distribution products.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Though few will believe it..... its possible for an MMORPG to release w/o much of a public beta.... in fact, a lot of other software created is released w/o one....games being a notable exception, along with operating systems and other broad distribution products.

Ya probably if you have a 200 man in-house quality assurance team testing it on a daily basis , which Aventurine doesn't have.

Can you name me ONE successful mmorpg that launched without having a long public Beta?

Beta is not only for bug testing. It's to generate hype and sales. Unless you have a shit product that you know will generate more negativity than sales.

Darkfall doesn't have a beta because its probably too big of a POS at this point to have one. That's the only reason I can come up with.

There's no reason NOT to have one if you have a great product to show.

• pb1285npb1285n Member Posts: 505

Ya probably if you have a 200 man in-house quality assurance team testing it on a daily basis , which Aventurine doesn't have.

Can you name me ONE successful mmorpg that launched without having a long public Beta?

Beta is not only for bug testing. It's to generate hype and sales. Unless you have a shit product that you know will generate more negativity than sales.

Darkfall doesn't have a beta because its probably too big of a POS at this point to have one. That's the only reason I can come up with.

There's no reason NOT to have one if you have a great product to show.

or maybe, just maybe they don't have the funds to run a long beta.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

They don't have to worry about funds for beta, soon enough they'll launch and we all will be paying for beta just like the EVE players did for the first 3 years of that game.  If you were around at launch, EVE was craptastic and has evolved into a decent game.  250,000 subscribers @ $15 a month will give them $3,750,000 a month to get the game right over time.  They will be a good game, but imho, will never sustain a million plus subscribers over a long period of time.  There just isn't that big of a market for just a FFA PVP full loot game to survive with so many other games with the same ruleset, plus much more.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

but no games has all the features either

if that would be the case then that's pretty fucken scary. How would they be able to build an actual MMORPG if they don't even have the capability of hosting a Beta...

if that would be the case then that's pretty fucken scary. How would they be able to build an actual MMORPG if they don't even have the capability of hosting a Beta...

It is a sandbox game.  People were saying the same thing back before EVE launched.  People got their sandbox, so they gladly paid for beta for 3 years.  Sure, it isn't a WoW, but it isn't DDO or Vanguard either.  EVE is a no doubt a success.  It is very safe to say that for the first 30-36 months people in EVE were gladly paying for beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlV3iTzAf9U

Now, if you watch this video, that isn't a video made to entice me to play the game.  This video seems like it is a sales pitch looking for someone to buy their project from them.  10,000 players per server.  Hehehe.  That is a hell of a lot of people on a server without instances.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• knas01knas01 Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Shannia

It is a sandbox game.  People were saying the same thing back before EVE launched.  People got their sandbox, so they gladly paid for beta for 3 years.  Sure, it isn't a WoW, but it isn't DDO or Vanguard either.  EVE is a no doubt a success.  It is very safe to say that for the first 30-36 months people in EVE were gladly paying for beta.
    Now, if you watch this video, that isn't a video made to entice me to play the game.  This video seems like it is a sales pitch looking for someone to buy their project from them.  10,000 players per server.  Hehehe.  That is a hell of a lot of people on a server without instances.

Um, that's a fan-made video and has nothing to do with Aventurine.

Originally posted by knas01

Well then, Aventurine needs to hire the person that made the video because it is 10x better than any video released by Aventurine that I've seen.

• knas01knas01 Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by knas01

Well then, Aventurine needs to hire the person that made the video because it is 10x better than any video released by Aventurine that I've seen.

Yes, the DF community thinks so too, but it looks like Muffins just makes those movies for fun.