Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overwhelmed?

TasTYTasTY Member Posts: 236

Is it?

If so, then im getting it.

I cant STAND empty games like Starwars Galaxies etc.

More like..World of Warcraft (I like it, but im just bored with the game 'ts all.)

Comments

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by TasTY

Is it?

If so, then im getting it.

I cant STAND empty games like Starwars Galaxies etc.
    More like..World of Warcraft (I like it, but im just bored with the game 'ts all.)

Currently if you made a new character, all servers would be red except Vox and Venekor. Both are PvP and Vox is an exchange server. But its packed because of Kunark, how long it last is anyone guess.

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

It's not overwhelmed but it seems that more and more people are beginning to play. So the numbers aren't dropping atleast. My guess is that it's one of the most populated MMOs after WoW

Just a note. The chats are not divided into zones as in WoW. They are divided into tiers.

lvl 1-9 has their own chat

lvl 10-29 har their own chat and so forth. You can join the tier2 chat if you're lvl 35 if you want to.

With this system you will always have someone to talk to :)

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

the servers are quite busy atm, and antonia bayle is more busy than expected so they had to do some additional hardware upgrades for it (see here).

on runnyeye i noticed that sometimes especially on weekend the lvl 70-79 channel was so full that i or other guild memebrs could not connect to it on logging in. I cannot remeber that that ever happened before (the level based channels were not there at game release, back then the chat system was split up different). I think eq2 definitely has a peak population atm probably not as high as the peak at initial launch or short after. but it can defintely compare to the population peaks at the other expansion lauches and maybe is even higher than these.

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

We had 7 Kylong Plain's, and about 4-5 Kunzar Jungle's this weekend. We even had one zone have a complete meltdown, lol, that was crazy. If people like it and stay interested, should break a mil easy, pretty close to it now. I wish they would open another server though, it is just so crowded...

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."

• adders666adders666 Member Posts: 259

tbh i wish they would open a new EU server myself, as splitpaw and runnyeye are both very top heavy imo ( as are most servers scince the game is 3 years old) but it would be nice to be given the chance to make some server discoveries and have the race to see which guild will be level 10/20/30 whatever first again, i played the game at launch and left because of the crippling PC requirements back then, i came back last year and had to leave for money issues, and now im back i hope i stay for a good long time as the game is immense and it really is a gem now its been sorted (three cheers for SoE) i can honestly say that im starting to feel the mmo magic again with EQ2

• KraptorKraptor Member Posts: 359

Dont think they need to open new EU servers. Everything under lvl 50 zones are DEAD EMPTY! Heck even the cities are totally empty.

Originally posted by Kraptor

Dont think they need to open new EU servers. Everything under lvl 50 zones are DEAD EMPTY! Heck even the cities are totally empty.
    precisely why i think they should open a new one for the influx of the new players joining, so server discoveries are once again available and the rush of getting the first character/guild to max is there, thats always good fun, also i think the euro servers have a disgusting market, where rares are 5 - 10x what they are on the US servers and people are pricing everything for twinks and not new players, for instance i had a bit of cash on my level 20 necro and i went to look for an upgrade to my warlock pet spell and the adept 3 books were like 40g and the master 1 books were like 4pp now how in gods name is a new player supposed to keep their spell lines upgraded? its nearly impossible with the way the rares/books are so overpriced, with a new server the econemy will grow with the players so people wont be able to charge 4pp for a level 20 spell cause no one will be able to afford it lol

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003

When the RoK dust settles and it will sadly then i would take a look at opening more servers maybe sometime after christmas..i play on RE and at times it can be like a ghost town but the people there are a fine bunch who are helpful and friendly and to me at least thats what counts in an MMO

And a quick tip dont bother too much about spell upgrades till lvl 35 + you burn through them so fast you'll never make your money back on them on my main wizzy i never bought a master spell till i was past 50 if i'm honest just keep the cash for armour upgrades and the like and play the market..harvesting and such the cash will come in soon enough

aye, i see where you are coming from, but i like to be able to grind out of the early zones as fast as possible and for a necro or any caster really the best way to do that is to upgrade spells, so i harvested a few rares and sold em at half the price of normal, as i belive its all overpriced anyway, but as soon as i sold em i saw the guy who bought em off me put em back on the market for the regular price, now i know this was probably a gold farmer or something of that ilk (or maybe just a greedy git), but its just seems unethical to me, how is anyone to be able to dent the over inflated market single handed? i should start a thread in the RE forums over at sony, "lower ur prices NOW!!! and god will love you" or something :P. anyway  my problem with the current server state is not the fact that this sort of thing happens but the fact that there is no serverwide discoveries for me to make and all the guilds that are around are full of max (or should i say 70+) toons and have leveled the guild up and there is no buzz there any more (unless u want to get into a guild full of fresh players, which dont really appeal to me either) so a new EU server would be awesome and would hopefully drag some of the EU players from the US servers as a lot play there as RE and SP and very mature and as i said over inflated. but then again this is just my opinion and at the end of the day i dont think SoE will open new EU servers after the amount they closed down 6 months after launch, it would be nice tho :D

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by bahamut1

We had 7 Kylong Plain's, and about 4-5 Kunzar Jungle's this weekend. We even had one zone have a complete meltdown, lol, that was crazy. If people like it and stay interested, should break a mil easy, pretty close to it now. I wish they would open another server though, it is just so crowded...

A million??  They have what, a dozen servers total?

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• diknakdiknak Member Posts: 70

It's possible.  The land mass is much larger than any other MMOs out there, so the population is spread thinner, thus requiring less servers.