Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My system can play this?

I can play crysis on very high with around 60 fps;

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

650W corsair Fan 12v rail

Cost me around $3k, So estimate my FPS please :)

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Since Conan on technical BETA thats impossible. You're way over the requirements so the game will work fine but an FPS for a game that havn't gone gold is purely speculations, the tuning of the game is not done yet.

And why do we need to now what kind of Fan thats on it?

And even if we knew what FPS you should get with that system, anyone who knows that would be on the beta and not only is the system not up to date, anyone on the Beta has signed an agreement not to tell anyone anything from the beta, including even if they're on it.

• outlaw101outlaw101 Member Posts: 351

Fan allows components to run 'hotter' for more performance.

"Don't hold breath about another KOTOR game coming from Bioware" - Chris Preistly

"Bioware is more intrested in pursueing development of it's own Intellectual properties"

- James Henly

• MyAltBanned2MyAltBanned2 Member Posts: 56

Your computer is pos and will not run AoC.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

Originally posted by outlaw101

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Holy F@#k! 8 Gigs of RAM?

2 8800's  in SLI and a Quad-core? Yeah, I think you might be able to run it

Be honest, you know you can run the game, you just wanted wanted to shame us with this rig didn't you?

(I'd do the same with that box! )

• MyAltBanned2MyAltBanned2 Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Die_Scream

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Be honest, you know you can run the game, you just wanted wanted to shame us with this rig didn't you?

Actually, he is just bragging about it on the internet. That's all.

Here is my estimation: 4-5 inch long.

• eugameugam Member UncommonPosts: 984
    Originally posted by MyAltBanned2

Originally posted by Die_Scream

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Actually, he is just bragging about it on the internet. That's all.

Here is my estimation: 4-5 inch long.

The fan ?

• xray00xray00 Member Posts: 202

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Nice system...sorry you feel the need to brag.

Of course, you spent way more money than you needed to to have a kick-ass system.  What a waste.

• BrokenwallBrokenwall Member Posts: 1

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Ok little kid, listen an adult or someone of an mature age or mindset would not be coming on the forums bragging about a PC that they apparently found the highest end parts and claim is theirs.

And im sure you mean the stupidly priced and not worth it Core 2 Quad Extreme 9650 (not 6950). Plus they arent 8800GTX Ultras, they are just 8800 Ultra

Also a 650watt Power Supply for a CPU that eats 130watts alone. Not to mention the 8800s eat 250watts each at idle and 381watts each at full load.

So gaming your power supply would be causing your computer to restart because it can't provide the power required.

Also Corsair Water Cooling, dude if you spent that much on those parts you would find a better liquid cooling system that would allow you to cool those parts much better, than some stupid $250 kit.

So would you like to go ahead and claim that you just read a magazine and thought you would lie about your PC to get your e-peen stats.

Me personally, yes I running last generation hardware. But I can play all the games I want and feel like at decent settings. So before you try to tell me I dont know what I'm talking about you need to research alittle better before slapping a fake system together.

Plus be more believable, 8GBs of RAM, when there is still not a full application out side of Video Editing or CAD that will use 4GBs fully.

• therock3000therock3000 Member UncommonPosts: 48

wow brokenwall, u didnt have to pwned him that much.. it was funny when he/she said about having the 8GB of RAM!! Bah.. i'm running on a basic pc that my dad bought me early 2003.. and i can hardly play games. its funny that in like 5 years late this PC specs will come true and the video card will be worthy 50 bucks.. sad but true.. which is why, i am saving money for the next window that will hit in 2010 ish.. 

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Too bad you wasted money on a useless 4 GB of memory.  Even Vista Ultimate does not currently support over 4 GB of memory.  I'm surprised the rig even boots up.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• safwdsafwd Member Posts: 879

Originally posted by Brokenwall

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Ok little kid, listen an adult or someone of an mature age or mindset would not be coming on the forums bragging about a PC that they apparently found the highest end parts and claim is theirs.

And im sure you mean the stupidly priced and not worth it Core 2 Quad Extreme 9650 (not 6950). Plus they arent 8800GTX Ultras, they are just 8800 Ultra

Also a 650watt Power Supply for a CPU that eats 130watts alone. Not to mention the 8800s eat 250watts each at idle and 381watts each at full load.

So gaming your power supply would be causing your computer to restart because it can't provide the power required.

Also Corsair Water Cooling, dude if you spent that much on those parts you would find a better liquid cooling system that would allow you to cool those parts much better, than some stupid $250 kit.

So would you like to go ahead and claim that you just read a magazine and thought you would lie about your PC to get your e-peen stats.

Me personally, yes I running last generation hardware. But I can play all the games I want and feel like at decent settings. So before you try to tell me I dont know what I'm talking about you need to research alittle better before slapping a fake system together.

Plus be more believable, 8GBs of RAM, when there is still not a full application out side of Video Editing or CAD that will use 4GBs fully.

Wow, i felt that slap all the way over here.

Nice one.

• Scorn_ArkaneScorn_Arkane Member Posts: 189

Your system will be quite fine for it.

• Ryun511Ryun511 Member Posts: 82

Originally posted by Dameonk

Too bad you wasted money on a useless 4 GB of memory.  Even Vista Ultimate does not currently support over 4 GB of memory.  I'm surprised the rig even boots up.

Erm... yes it does.

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

I hate these "I have an awesome computer threads."

If you can run Oblivion you can run AoC.

Originally posted by Ryun511

Erm... yes it does.

Ok, so maybe supports wasn't the correct term to use, I apologize for that.  I was just typing in a hurry.  What I should have said is that it would not all be usable.

With any 32-bit OS all of the installed memory will not be accessible due to the fact that other hardware that uses the address space takes priority.  His 2 8800 Ultras will take 1.5 GB of that address space & depending on what other hardware is installed it could be another 1 GB of unaccessible memory being installed on the system.  So his 8 GB computer will only have about 5.5 GB of actual usable memory (maybe less). Where if he had installed 3 GB the full 3 GB would have been usable and there wouldn't be 3 GB of useless hardware in his computer.

the bit about being surprised the rig even boots up is due to the fact that there are a lot of various issues currently with Vista & 64-bit processors not being able to boot into Windows if the system has over 4 GB of memory installed.

I love bragging, I knew it could run AOC, because it can run anything :)

Just happy Im equiped for a few years, I enjoy to game occasionally.

- James Henly

My work requires I have a high-end PC.

- James Henly

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

To the OP:

Brokenwall is right, if that truely is your pc, then your powersupply is not supplying enough current to power all those goodies edit: powering them to run at full power.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

So far i've had no problems, although i am thinking of getting a little more sometime in the next few weeks.

- James Henly

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Still have your processor model number wrong, and your PSU would be hard pushed to power 2 ultras.

What motherboard and ram do you have?

• AtroxyAtroxy Member Posts: 21

QX6950

8GB DDR2

2x 8800GTX ultra SLI

Liquid Corsair Cooling

Hehe, keep on bragging, in less then 6 months, your PC will be outmoded, which means, in more general terms, your PC will be slow ;). Which means, you just wasted 3k :).

Let me give you a piece of advice. Never spend that much on a PC. If you do, your just stupid. And in 6+ months your gonna know why :).

I'd start feeling bad right away, if I were you ;).

Money isn't a problem for me, So in 6 months or so I'll just update with a 9 series, (If they're out by then)

- James Henly

• AtroxyAtroxy Member Posts: 21

Money isn't a problem for me, So in 6 months or so I'll just update with a 9 series, (If they're out by then)

Well that depends on what mainboard you've got currently ;). If your mainboard is PCI-e 1.0a or 1.1 your screwed, cause the geforce 9 will only support PCI-e 2.0, and there are not many mainboards out there at this point that support 2.0.

Everyone can spend as much as you do, if they wanted. But most don't, cause it's a waste of money, but mostly, it shows how dumb a person can be, when it comes to getting a PC. And someone who's smart, will never spend 3k on hardware that will be outmoded several months later.

Sure, SLI is fine, but did you know you only get a 35% boost with SLI? I mean, if you knew that, you wouldn't have SLI. Cause you paid like 600 bucks for each card, and only using 1 at max and the other at 35%, not to forget that many games don't even support SLI.

Like I said before, you've just wasted 3k... .

Hey, if he's got the disposable income to use, why not?

All prices are from Newegg, new, and the cheapest I could find in a quick search:

QX9650: $1,345.00

8 GB of Memory: $399.99

2 8800 Ultras: $1090.84

Corsair Liquid Cooling Kit: $149.99

650 Watt Corsair PSU: $159.99

+ Additional costs, case, fans, MB, ODD, GPU waterblocks, etc. $1000+

So grand total we have about: $4000

So if that setup only cost 3k, I would say that was a great deal.

Edit: That's what I get for doing simple math right after I wake up :D

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Hey, if he's got the disposable income to use, why not?
    All prices are from Newegg, new, and the cheapest I could find in a quick search:
    QX9650: $1,345.00

8 GB of Memory: $399.99

2 8800 Ultras: $1090.84

Corsair Liquid Cooling Kit: $149.99

650 Watt Corsair PSU: $159.99
    + Additional costs, case, fans, MB, ODD, GPU waterblocks, etc. $1000+
    So grand total we have about: $6000
    So if that setup only cost 3k, I would say that was a great deal.

Erhm... what you've listed there is about $4000 :P

To OP:

I suggest surgery or pills for your problem.