Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hmmm, Second life....

Darkmind07Darkmind07 Member Posts: 18

Ok Then , Second Life....

Fine , its a fun game. But What Could They make better?

I Guess its the same as Habbo Hotel Really. You Buy Credits Or Currency And Make Your Avatar/Character Look Better.

Second Life Needs More Purpose Or Meaning...

Or A Storyline, Which i guess quite a few MMORPG'S Dont Have.

Your Opinion, What Do You Think?

Comments

• DubonEngevenDubonEngeven Member Posts: 96

Nothing could make this game better, it needs to be hacked and completely destroyed for good.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Second life is not a game. Is a virtual enviroment to interact with other people... or make money, or the two.

• Darkmind07Darkmind07 Member Posts: 18

Uhmmmm. 

• Darkmind07Darkmind07 Member Posts: 18

Yes! Dubon , I agree!

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

second life is a game.  you just make your own stuff.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by paulscott

second life is a game.  you just make your own stuff.

But can you kill other players in it....now that would make it a game....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

there are area's where you can kill people.   but that equates to sending their health down to 0% and them getting sent home(very annoying a forced teleport to get there, and another to get back).

and not all games do have killing.  take settlers of catan for instance.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• MChavezMChavez Member Posts: 142

Second Life needs to be destroyed and rebuilt from ground up. The platform was never meant to scale and it definitely shows. But, what really kills Second Life is Linden Lab's land prices and monthly tier fees. They are charging way too much for little bits of land and "prim limits" i.e. limits on how much can be placed on your land. Their mainland is a lagged out piece of mess with virtual miles upon miles of built up crap peppered with annoying ad farms consisting of stacked glowing spinning cubes advertising all manner of junk.

The whole system needs to go. It is slow. Graphics are outdated. Pricing scheme, ridiculous.  Modeling tools are outdated. Sheesh, you can't even intersect or manipulate specific vertices. Madness, I tell you. It seriously needs a major overhaul but I think the only way it can be done is to have a Second Life version 2.0. Start over, clean slate....

....and freaking give users more tools to have control over what is and is not visible from their land!!!!

At this point, the only saving grace of Second Life is the incredibly vibrant music and art scene there. Artists and musicians have flocked there to open up their online galleries and play online live gigs. I definitely enjoyed listening to live DJ sets from DJs living all over the world. That was always my most favorite thing to do. Streaming technology, ftw!!

Currently playing: No MMOs. They all suck.

so true.  A real metaverse will have terrain that goes for infinatity(procedurally generated).  and dynamic load balancing instead of this whole instancing/SIM junk.

Fees will be based on processing and maybe bandwidth time on their servers instead of land area.

and ofcourse the ability to various things as local for yourself.

all in all when something that is much more suitable comes out I'm jumping boat.  and it won't take much either, LL just released a bunch of stability statistics and it turns out that over the past 9 months there wasn't a single month where exiting by crashing made up less than 20% of all exits.  (I crash about 3 times a month which is far far below average. but when you look at that stat it's pretty obvious 'this isn't the platform you are looking for')

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267
    I think it's a bit late to pull the plug. Too many people and time in the game.

But maybe they can give us better servers or give every player land to build on when they enter the game the first time. Nothing big but something to start on and learn the game without paying RL money.

I don't know if it's possible to change how the game look, now when it's so old. But it would be nice with some better look.

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.

• BinkoBinko Member Posts: 267
    Oh and less focus on RL money. It's a game.

Played:
    From Earth & Beyond, Anarchy Online, Matrix Online, Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa (Beta), EvE Online, City of Villians, Atlantica Online, Guild Wars, Lineage 2, Pirates of the Burning Sea, PlanetSide, RF Online, Second Life, Fallen Earth.