Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have some question's may want to return have not played live since june 04.

LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680

I know that i will be cursed for pos there and asking these questions or even the thought of returning but this is one game i haven't played in a while.

I was in the beta for Lineage 2 way back in time i bought the game and played till june(short live i know)and over the years i have played the free shards often but i may want to return.

I want to know how quick is leveling now? how bad is that grind now? is there still a bad money grind aswell?

bots were a big problem then(one reason why we my friends and i quit, tha tand the god awful grind)

How active is the game? I palyed on Ercia and lionna, when only 5 servers existed.

how is pvp actively? what server is the best for pvp?(i read pvp doesn't really start till 60, how long does it take to get to 60?)

Any new classes, besides the class transfer tier 3 lasses? and what would be the best to start out with? I played a warlock in beta, on live i palyed a bladedancer a spell howler, and a DA.

If i came back would it better to make a new account or play on my old account and start off with one of thoses 3 i named(BD, SH or a DA?)

Another big problem i left was bugs and lag, how are the bugs and how is the server lag?

How "Noob friendly" is L2 now? Do they still toss you into that little open area make you do a quest for your world map and say good luck?

Like i said i haven't played live since June of 04 but i have played tons of freeshards(will get flamed i know!) and i did love the game just had problems then.

What is the max level now? It was 70 back in the day and i think its 80 now? But with hero classes? is it past 80 now or what?

Edit: Wyvern's were a myth at the time i played are they still a myth or what?

Last question, Would i be better of staying with EVE, go back to EQ2(53 shadowknight, 30 necro, pvp server) or trying and return to this game?  (Retarded question to ask in another game forum but maybe ill get an honest opinion.)

I really only want to play this game if i can get into pvp within a month or two if the grind is like it was in April and May of 04  i will prob. hate it.

I would love if any of these questions can be answered by a player not a random troll.

Thanks!

Playing: Everthing
Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

Comments

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by lionexx

I know that i will be cursed for pos there and asking these questions or even the thought of returning but this is one game i haven't played in a while.

I was in the beta for Lineage 2 way back in time i bought the game and played till june(short live i know)and over the years i have played the free shards often but i may want to return.
    I want to know how quick is leveling now? how bad is that grind now? is there still a bad money grind aswell?
    the grind is still hevary and the exp rate's haven't been increased but herb's now drop's from some monster's witch is very helpfull since they either give buff's restore hp or mp and such.

then they's some new newbie buff's for player's 1 to 25 some free soulshots or spirtshout's and shadow weapon's witch really isen't that helpfull, maybe shadow weapon's but depends on the class you pick.

the money grind is still very hard and unleass you work the market, or get lucky with high lvl quest's 6x + your gonna stay poor.
    bots were a big problem then(one reason why we my friends and i quit, tha tand the god awful grind)
    NCsoft isen't doing anything to adress the bot problem, however some server's has lost lot's off the farmer's cause the population is decreasing
    http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77552

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78845

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91403

How active is the game? I palyed on Ercia and lionna, when only 5 servers existed.
    depend's on the server you go to, some still has a good population and other's are pretty dead
    how is pvp actively? what server is the best for pvp?(i read pvp doesn't really start till 60, how long does it take to get to 60?)
    getting to 60 should take 1 to 2 month's playing every second day about 4 hour's but that's if you got top gear, and depends on your class some will do it in 1 month and other's take's 2.
    Any new classes, besides the class transfer tier 3 lasses? and what would be the best to start out with? I played a warlock in beta, on live i palyed a bladedancer a spell howler, and a DA.
    nope but all classes got new skills since you played, however when the new kamel expansion comes's a new race is coming with 3 or 4 new classes
    If i came back would it better to make a new account or play on my old account and start off with one of thoses 3 i named(BD, SH or a DA?)
    a Spellhowler with a second acount for a Shillen Elder would be the esaiet and fastet off the classes to lvl, however a second account is really required or you lose money hunting with blessed spirtshout's without empower.
    without a second account go Bladedancer
    Another big problem i left was bugs and lag, how are the bugs and how is the server lag?
    no bug's for me, and no server lag only some soulshot/spirtshout lag where it dosen't get auto spammed.
    How "Noob friendly" is L2 now? Do they still toss you into that little open area make you do a quest for your world map and say good luck?
    it's gotten more noob frindly solo, but party's has gotten harder to get in the lower lvl's and no to the map
    Like i said i haven't played live since June of 04 but i have played tons of freeshards(will get flamed i know!) and i did love the game just had problems then.
     What is the max level now? It was 70 back in the day and i think its 80 now? But with hero classes? is it past 80 now or what?
    it's 80
    Edit: Wyvern's were a myth at the time i played are they still a myth or what?
    they esay to get you just need a lvl 35 hatcling lvl it to 55 complete a quest to make it a strider, then either aquire a castle or a high lvl clanhall and you can fly, but only for the clanleader.

Last question, Would i be better of staying with EVE, go back to EQ2(53 shadowknight, 30 necro, pvp server) or trying and return to this game?  (Retarded question to ask in another game forum but maybe ill get an honest opinion.)
    i don't know depends on what you want
    I really only want to play this game if i can get into pvp within a month or two if the grind is like it was in April and May of 04  i will prob. hate it.
    if you go with a spellhowler and a second account for a shillen elder, you should be able to make it in 2 month's staying legit and not ebaying.
    I would love if any of these questions can be answered by a player not a random troll.

Thanks!