Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

thinking of buying EQ2

Hi i'm thinking of buying EQ2 like the topic title states. But i would like to know a few things before i buy this game like. Hows the PvP in EQ2 is it balance and is it fun? Hows the community? Also and why do you like to play EQ2? Thanks for all your help guys and hoping to buy this game.

Comments

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I have not tried the PvP in EQ2, having been burned out on the PvP in EQ1.

As far as the community, I have played since basically release, and the community in this game is one of the better ones I have come across.

Not a lot of help I know.

But the game is superb. I highly recomend it.

How the hell do I spell recomend?

Goldshlager for the win....

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

welcome to try EQ2  PVP but you I doubt you will like it

if youve read any of the PVP posts in this forum -- they all say EQ2 PVP sucks

EQ2 is a PVE  game

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

The so called "PvP" in this game sucks very badly. allow me to elaborate. You start off fine, when you hit lvl 10 you are faced with a large ammount of ganking twinks that have lvl-locked whoms only objective is to kill you for fame or something. They suck and they have no skill. The "PvP" ruleset doesnt give a flying crap about new players and most of the players there spend their time on their twinks to experience the so called "pvp". There are no battlegrounds either so they spend their time griefing and sht. There are ways to "get used to it" and get "around it" but its nearly impossible for a new player. You'd have lock at lvl 9 and go farm mats like a madman, make friends with a good crafter that can make you MC gear (you'd have to do this every 10th level). You'd have to play your a$s off to get many AAs (like talent points in wow) since all the twinks have loads of these and will hand your arse to you in the snap of a finger. You'd also have to endure countless gang-kills and unfair fights. Eventually you will become one of them and the evil circle of death and despair and miserable game design is fullfilled

• SarykSaryk Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by mo0rbid

The so called "PvP" in this game sucks very badly. allow me to elaborate. You start off fine, when you hit lvl 10 you are faced with a large ammount of ganking twinks that have lvl-locked whoms only objective is to kill you for fame or something. They suck and they have no skill. The "PvP" ruleset doesnt give a flying crap about new players and most of the players there spend their time on their twinks to experience the so called "pvp". There are no battlegrounds either so they spend their time griefing and sht. There are ways to "get used to it" and get "around it" but its nearly impossible for a new player. You'd have lock at lvl 9 and go farm mats like a madman, make friends with a good crafter that can make you MC gear (you'd have to do this every 10th level). You'd have to play your a$s off to get many AAs (like talent points in wow) since all the twinks have loads of these and will hand your arse to you in the snap of a finger. You'd also have to endure countless gang-kills and unfair fights. Eventually you will become one of them and the evil circle of death and despair and miserable game design is fullfilled

I was a Destroyer on Nagafen when it first started, the PvP was awesome. But about 2 months down the road, I deleted a 48 Necro and a 44 Warlock. Not because i was getting killed, because there was no reason to kill, except just to kill. EQ2 is one of the best games out there, but I agree with moorbid. It is not a PvP game.

• methulahmethulah Member Posts: 236

Originally posted by mo0rbid

I don't think this is a fair reflection of the PvP in EQ2. Yes, there is twinking, and yes, one needs to be twinked to be able to twink, but in comparison with other games, it's not that difficult to twink up a character at lower levels.

However, where I really take exception is that these arguments are presenting in comparison to other PvP games. Because in WoW, one can never see level 19 or 29 twinks that dominate battlegrounds, and will never get any more XP. Yes, min/maxing is a problem in all games of this nature, and it's a problem here, but if you're able to compete, join a good guild, then you can avoid most of that and enjoy what seem to be quite good PvP mechanics.

• ric3boi783ric3boi783 Member Posts: 3

Thanks for all the answers it was really helpful. I like PvE as much as PvP but i like to PVP while i PvE so i was wondering how it was.