Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another disaster of a release for Sony...

2»

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by Shannia

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Sunder

Yes it still has time before release, and as we all know, the beta won't reflect the actual release.  Pretty standard with an MMO.  People want to have something to bitch about tho, so they have latched onto pretty much every product EA or SoE get into bed with.  The game itself is a good game, and worth checking out.  The nay sayers are just trolls looking for something to complain about.  Or SoE flamers with nothing better to do than tear down a good thing rather than support it for what it is.

Again, learn to read.  No one is complaining about the game.  We are complaining about the packaging/marketing job SoE is doing and how SoE's actions in this area are causing FLS and POTBS to lose credibility as a AAA game.  Do you think people that are buying these pre-order boxes from stores and finding empty boxes, or boxes with missing CDs or boxes with missing CD keys are going to blame SoE for it?  Hell no.  This crap going on at the stores is only tarnishing FLS and PoTBS's reputation.  Chances are, most of these people won't give PoTBS a second chance because they got screwed over when they opened their box to find it empty or missing contents.

Again, learn to read.

Sorry Sunder, this post is directed at Mia, not you.

In case you missed my question in the other thread about this same subject.....   can you link any new sources for your information about SOE screwing up 'all' of the PotBS pre-orders?  I'm having difficulty finding any.....

Here you go, there are posts throughout with how unhappy they are and loads of other posts on the official forums.  On www.burningsea.com main page they are even apologing because of the disaster.  Personally, I think Smed and company need to come ot the FLS boards and apologize to FLS and the community about this disaster.  While they are at it, they need to make a pledge that they are not going to attempt to buy this game out from under FLS, ever.   There are multiple threads on the forums of very unhappy people about this pre-order disaster no matter if it is download, box, or whatever.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35940&page=1

Oh no!! Drama bout a compiney that has no bearing on my life what so ever except to possibly provide me with entertainment!!!!

MOTHER OF GOD WHAT WILL WE DO call the M'FIN President!!!!

it affects you enough that you had to type e-drama-whines in reply to a thread about it.

sounds like fls pwned your soul.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• BountytakerBountytaker Member Posts: 323

Originally posted by Tarka 

I don't think even FLS could commit to such a promise.  That's like guaranteeing that it won't rain tomorrow.  There's a possibility but no one can be truely sure.

I often find it amusing how people simplify worldwide game distribution down to the point whereby its as easy as taking a crate of milk down to the local shop.  I'm not just talking about any issues concerning POTBS.  People have made such demands on other games.
    In the press release announcing the deal with SOE, the first reason FLS listed for choosing SOE was that the company had distribution "down cold".

So, FLS did imply that distribution wouldn't be a problem...at least, not a problem like they have experienced.

• BountytakerBountytaker Member Posts: 323

Just for reference purposes, here's what FLS listed, in their press release, as the reasons why they chose SOE for distribution/marketing:

"Here’s exactly what SOE brings to this that we want:

1) Strong distribution – We want Pirates of the Burning Sea to be in every retail store that carries games. SOE has that down cold.

2) Great localization process – We really want a simultaneous launch in Europe and the US because we think it could do as well over there as over here. Working with SOE gives us the best chance of making that happen.

3) Enthusiasm – I really can’t stress this enough. You can write a contract to say anything you want about how much work each party will do, but that’s nothing compared to having your partners genuinely excited to work with you, from the marketing people to the programmers to the executives. And boy, are they excited. (You would be, too, if a great game fell into your lap!)

4) Clockwork process – We want to launch Pirates this fall. The game is in great shape and we’re going into large-scale beta testing this week. To hit a fall launch date, we needed a partner who knows the entire process inside and out, someone who can just start turning the crank and making it happen."

Obviously, the "fall release" was pushed back by FLS (would SOE have been ready anyway?).  From what I've read about the pre-order boxes on their forums (missing codes, no boxes in store, clerks/computers not hearing of it, lack of a Euro release date), it's curious whether SOE has met the above criteria.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Originally posted by Kyleran

Originally posted by Sunder

Yes it still has time before release, and as we all know, the beta won't reflect the actual release.  Pretty standard with an MMO.  People want to have something to bitch about tho, so they have latched onto pretty much every product EA or SoE get into bed with.  The game itself is a good game, and worth checking out.  The nay sayers are just trolls looking for something to complain about.  Or SoE flamers with nothing better to do than tear down a good thing rather than support it for what it is.

Again, learn to read.  No one is complaining about the game.  We are complaining about the packaging/marketing job SoE is doing and how SoE's actions in this area are causing FLS and POTBS to lose credibility as a AAA game.  Do you think people that are buying these pre-order boxes from stores and finding empty boxes, or boxes with missing CDs or boxes with missing CD keys are going to blame SoE for it?  Hell no.  This crap going on at the stores is only tarnishing FLS and PoTBS's reputation.  Chances are, most of these people won't give PoTBS a second chance because they got screwed over when they opened their box to find it empty or missing contents.

Again, learn to read.

Sorry Sunder, this post is directed at Mia, not you.

In case you missed my question in the other thread about this same subject.....   can you link any new sources for your information about SOE screwing up 'all' of the PotBS pre-orders?  I'm having difficulty finding any.....

Here you go, there are posts throughout with how unhappy they are and loads of other posts on the official forums.  On www.burningsea.com main page they are even apologing because of the disaster.  Personally, I think Smed and company need to come ot the FLS boards and apologize to FLS and the community about this disaster.  While they are at it, they need to make a pledge that they are not going to attempt to buy this game out from under FLS, ever.   There are multiple threads on the forums of very unhappy people about this pre-order disaster no matter if it is download, box, or whatever.

http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35940&page=1

Oh no!! Drama bout a compiney that has no bearing on my life what so ever except to possibly provide me with entertainment!!!!

MOTHER OF GOD WHAT WILL WE DO call the M'FIN President!!!!

it affects you enough that you had to type e-drama-whines in reply to a thread about it.

sounds like fls pwned your soul.

Sorry, i haven’t tried thing 1 to play this game, i may later. But none of this has affected me, what does affect me (in an entertaining way) is people acting like the killed there baby and no other topic in the world is more important ..So much so, they start a campaign about it.

It’s full of win.

Just to be clear, im laughing at you.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me