Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new game.

AdmiralChaosAdmiralChaos Member Posts: 72

Well. I'm looking for a new game, things I am interested in. ~

1. Money. ~ Auction Houses and such. I love spending my time, selling, buying, re-selling, ect ect. I like knowing I'm richer than someone else.
  2. At your own pace. ~ If I really like a game, I like to go hardcore. Like, I always want to be advancing myself, bettering myself. (Example of dis-taste: EvE - Getting skills and abilitys in real time? I don't want to wait 3 years to get the ship I actually want..)
  3. No Anime crap. Pref english based games. (I'm not saying I'm racist, but I am. And I can't stand anime and such.)

Other than that, its on the table.

Games I've played in the past:

World of Warcraft. - I played this since beta, and up until about a few weeks ago. I got bored a few months before the expansion, and stopped for awhile and picked it up again. And i'm basically back at that point, theres nothing to do. Arena? Boring after you have all the gear. Raiding? Oh no, my guild just fell apart because we couldn't kill Kael before the patch. I just find it a lack of fun.

EvE-Online. - I played for about a year and a half, just mining, selling, mining. Wasn't bad, don't get me wrong.. Its just I wish if I were in a battleship, I could use weapons on it, and actually put it to full firepower without waiting a few months for skills.

Darkspace. - I played this for quite some time, loved it to death, if there were another game like it, I would play it in a heartbeat. Except, have more then 20 players at one point in time, and the currency be actually worth something.

Secondlife. - Its not bad, I just want to do something besides cyber and buy bling bling then spend the next day and a half camping so I can do it all over again.

Guild Wars - I tried a trial, wasn't really impressed, I couldn't find any enjoyment in it.

Tabula Rasa - I Beta'd it, the whole shooting thing, didn't really care for it.

Final Fantasy XI - Loved this game to death. The auction house, the best i've ever played with. But other than that, leveling capablity alone was little to none.. Its been a few years since i've played, maybe its changed? I dunno.. ima look it up.

Oh well.. Thats all I've got, if you could help me out, I would be most greatful.

If you wanna poke me on aim, my screen name = LordIrreverent

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

stop playing mmo

and whats wrong with the leveling system in FFXI , i think its the best, it force you to play with other players, a good way to make friends, and it makes a great community, because if your a arse good luck finding a group.

or try everquest 2, the new expansion just came out you can buy the complete package for like $40

• AdmiralChaosAdmiralChaos Member Posts: 72

I hate being restricted to play with others though. I like to level alone a lot, I can understand hard monsters here and there.. But I don't want my leveling purely based on having a group.

• Lycander13Lycander13 Member Posts: 6
    Im not really sure that you will find one after all the things you dont like in MMOs :] ...I would suggest to play a normal RPG if so...Tho i may try to suggest Saga of Ryzom...Its a nice game Good mature comunnity,nice skill system[not as in EVE as you said :],here you wont wait for like 3 months to get good stuff,though in EVE if you train right you can get all skills pretty fast].The game features aslo unlimited trial,so you can see the gfx,part of the players and the gameplay.
    Hope I helped... :]
    Btw:Whats the point of playing alone in mmorpg?
  • AdmiralChaosAdmiralChaos Member Posts: 72

Well I didn't mean I wanted to go through the entire game alone. I just meant most of the time, I don't want to spend it looking for a group. Ya know?

But thank you. I'll give it a shot when I get a chance.