Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Golden Joystics PC Game of the year!

124»

Comments

• AckbarNLAckbarNL Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by openedge1

Just to bring this back up...because..... I...could...lol
    Anyways, seems a lot of the "Year End" awards are coming down the pipe...with the nominees just announced for the Spike VGA's...
    And what I see is a more reasonable list than the Golden Joystick...
    Check it
    Spike Announcement
    Game of the Year
    BioShock -  Halo 3 -  Mass Effect  -  The Orange Box
    (Yup...totally...as it should be...every game on this list deserves it)
    Best RPG
    Eternal Sonata - Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - Mass Effect - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
    (Very nice list)
    Best PC Game
    BioShock - Crysis - The Orange Box - World in Conflict
    (Looks like ALL games for 2007 are included...very nice...but someone seems absent.. Here is why...)
    Best Game Based on a Movie or TV Show

The Lord of the Rings: Shadows of Angmar - Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - The Simpsons Game - Stranglehold
    I think this is more appropriate...and it really should win this category!
    There...this seems like a more fair list...everyone agree?
    Cheers!

First off , most of those games were not even anywere near release by the time the golden joystick awards started and second those games are selected by a magazine rather then actual gamers also thay nominate games that have not been released? And The titles in the Orange Box should be judged separately not as a singel game...

Playing: World of Warcraft.
    Played: Lord of the Rings Online, Starwars Galaxies.
    Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by sandage

Just to bring this back up...because..... I...could...lol
    Anyways, seems a lot of the "Year End" awards are coming down the pipe...with the nominees just announced for the Spike VGA's...
    And what I see is a more reasonable list than the Golden Joystick...
    Check it
    Spike Announcement
    Game of the Year
    BioShock -  Halo 3 -  Mass Effect  -  The Orange Box
    (Yup...totally...as it should be...every game on this list deserves it)
    Best RPG
    Eternal Sonata - Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - Mass Effect - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
    (Very nice list)
    Best PC Game
    BioShock - Crysis - The Orange Box - World in Conflict
    (Looks like ALL games for 2007 are included...very nice...but someone seems absent.. Here is why...)
    Best Game Based on a Movie or TV Show

The Lord of the Rings: Shadows of Angmar - Naruto: Rise of a Ninja - The Simpsons Game - Stranglehold
    I think this is more appropriate...and it really should win this category!
    There...this seems like a more fair list...everyone agree?
    Cheers!

First off , most of those games were not even anywere near release by the time the golden joystick awards started and second those games are selected by a magazine rather then actual gamers also thay nominate games that have not been released? And The titles in the Orange Box should be judged separately not as a singel game...

Hmmm...interesting...so

1. Why hold an award for mid year games...and even include games from 2006...of course games developed in 2007 will do MUCH better than games developed in 06...Technology is the key! And any time an awards show is held (Oscars? Grammys?) they will be voting for previous year materials or "Released for the year" music and movies, etc...

2. Games are selected based on sales, popularity, reviews, etc...Not because a "random" magazine says so...lol. Also, non-released games still may be included if Gold Code exists for the reviewers...(Mass Effect for example)

3. I do agree somewhat on the Orange Box...but, this award is based on value. The fact all games in the box use the same engine and physics...and when you buy Orange Box...well...you get all those games...I fail to see why it should not be included? Because a game from 2004 is included (Half-Life 2)?...And the Golden Joysticks are ok to allow Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy on their awards?

and believe me...you do NOT want anything to go against Portal...I mean it would be an all lose situation (ok, ok...just kidding...but, man that is addictive)

I still believe it looks more fair and includes games for the year, not from this AND last year

Cheers!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• QuinguQuingu Member Posts: 400

yep LOTRO is a great game ;)

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

Originally posted by Quingu

because LOTRO is a much better game then EQ2.

LOL.

Lotro; 4 races few classes, only 1 small town (a pity) small areas, no challenge, a lots of boars, always the same mobs in Evendim/new areas (patch 3/trollshaws)... you kill boars from lvl 1 to 50, wargs looks like good dogs...housing : we can't even put a chair near the table... mobs looks like statues etc etc etc... No fishes (maybe 1 or 2 for a lake !) and now 12 hobbits can easily kill a Balrog...

Mamma mia... 

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Ugarit

LOL.

Lotro; 4 races few classes, only 1 small town (a pity) small areas, no challenge, a lots of boars, always the same mobs in Evendim/new areas (patch 3/trollshaws)... you kill boars from lvl 1 to 50, wargs looks like good dogs...housing : we can't even put a chair near the table... mobs looks like statues etc etc etc... No fishes (maybe 1 or 2 for a lake !) and now 12 hobbits can easily kill a Balrog...

Mamma mia... 

I do so enjoy these little posts...

The fact that they compare the games is silly...and it is only because I play EQ2...

I can run EQ2 better on my high end system than LOTRO, I have more control of my UI, the animations in combat so much more lifelike...more races, more classes, better crafting, better housing (the neighborhoods idea is cool...but not well implemented)

No...they just believe LOTRO is better because they do not know how to play EQ2...sad really

Cheers!

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Ugarit

LOL.

Mamma mia... 

I do so enjoy these little posts...

The fact that they compare the games is silly...and it is only because I play EQ2...

I can run EQ2 better on my high end system than LOTRO, I have more control of my UI, the animations in combat so much more lifelike...more races, more classes, better crafting, better housing (the neighborhoods idea is cool...but not well implemented)

No...they just believe LOTRO is better because they do not know how to play EQ2...sad really

Cheers!

Or... because we've played both and chose one over the other. 

I'll leave it for you to guess which one I've chosen.  I'll give you a hint though, I post the most in the forums of the one I play. 

• UgaritUgarit Member Posts: 213

I'm not a lotro hater. I beta tested the game seriously from nov2006 to april 2007, made a lot of bug reports, took special edition because was the only mmorpg on tolkien's world, then stopped then took another month then another, gave a lot of chance to this game... many times i tried to believe in lotro because thought it was Lord on the ring online...

In fact it's only Shadows of Angmar...

Took another month for patch 3 but stopped 5 days after... finished all new quests alone (lol) in trollshaws etc... bought a house in bree, etc, have my event's horse etc etc. but i can say this game has nothing more to propose but what i described: all is small, nothing is epic, nothing heroic, classes are really boring to play. I don't want to make war to boars , wanted to make war to orcs in epic battles (thinking about BFME)

stopped and took VG ('great) and then ROK. And now i have fun.

to lotro fans: have fun with your game.

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

This just shows what a bad year for games, this one has been

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com