Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about PvP

Shaggy67Shaggy67 Member Posts: 76

Hello I have a question about PvP,

I have always played PvE until the Halloween brawl. After Halloween I had 10k in faction points. I went to a PvP arena and was looking at the skills I could unlock and unlocked a few skills. When I tried playing PvP again I found out that I couldn't build my faction points that high it would top out at 9800. I then used some more points for  skills then when I tried to gain points I topped out at 5800. My question is why is my faction points topping out at decreasing numbers? Does it have anything to do with guild I'm in? The leader of the guild said that the guild was not participating in any GvG or PvP is that the problem? I was also wondering if there was a title at 10k in points?

Comments

• AetaryaAetarya Member Posts: 24
    Welp, it looks like no one has attempted to answer this yet, so I guess I’ll give it a try.

As I usually state for PvP matters, I’m not a PvPer so my response to this question has a good chance at being wrong.

Looking through the official GuildWars wiki about Balthazar Faction (link below), your Faction points might be capped at lower amounts due to PvPing at the Training Arenas, Zaishen Challenge, and/or Zaishen Elite areas. You can only gain 2000 faction points every 24 hours from these PvP locations.

If you aren’t PvPing at these areas and are getting the faction cap, then I’m not sure why that is happening to you. Being in a non-PvP guild should NOT be the reason for the faction cap though. So there’s no need to consider (even if for a second) leaving your guild, unless of course you don’t like them and are trying to find an excuse .

There is a title linked with faction points, but the other way around. In the wiki link below, it mentions a title that will increase the maximum faction point cap, so you’ll be able to save more faction points. There is no title for reaching the faction cap. You do get a message for reaching the cap though, something about reaching perfection, but it’s just a message to tell you to start spending points, since you won’t gain anymore.

hope this helps, and isn’t too far off from being wrong
  • Shaggy67Shaggy67 Member Posts: 76

Thanks Aetarya,

Thanks for answering my question. It seems that I had read somewhere about the 2k limit but had not known more than that.The link was also very helpful in letting me see it from the wiki stand point. I could also look up terms I was unfamilar with by using the link.