Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first and last name?

joestummxjoestummx Member Posts: 20

i know this sounds dumb but i was just wondering if you can make a first and last name like guild wars.

Comments

• rawrxbradrawrxbrad Member UncommonPosts: 117

thatd be cool

• MaonMaon Member Posts: 5

I didnt like the whole first and last name thing.

I'm not sure why just annoyed me trying to think of 2 names hard enough thinkin of one that suits your character never mind two lol.

• joestummxjoestummx Member Posts: 20

you really find it that hard to think of a name? just sit back and use your imagination. imo its easier to actually think of first and last name because alot of names sound funny just by itself. (ex. dragonbane ; rhya dragonbane) just sounds more awesome with a first name.

• MaonMaon Member Posts: 5

dunno mate just don't like it sorry lol.

i meant no offense in my reply, sorry if it sounded that way.

• mmonkeymmonkey Member Posts: 171

mmonkey = Faemus Reignbringer

• NewMonsterNewMonster Member Posts: 417

I hope it will allow me to put Caps on the second word of name... example: BarakaWind

if i cant put BloodBaraka..... allow me to put Blood Baraka

if i cant put DarkSolomus..... allow me to put Dark Solomus

if i cant put RedSonyee..... allow me to put Red Sonyee

if i cant put XiaoNu..... allow me to put Xiao Nu

if i cant put  SinaWolf.... allow me to put Sina Wolf

ect......

• puma713puma713 Member Posts: 288

Originally posted by joestummx

you really find it that hard to think of a name? just sit back and use your imagination. imo its easier to actually think of first and last name because alot of names sound funny just by itself. (ex. dragonbane ; rhya dragonbane) just sounds more awesome with a first name.

Are you kidding?  This is the first big obstacle when I play a game.  If I can't think of a name that I'm happy with, I won't play the character.  In fact, I have sat in front of the computer, staring at a character creation screen for hours, just thinking of a name.  In WoW, I up and deleted my 34 druid because her name struck me funny one day.  Maybe I'm OCD too.  That could have something to do with it.

I agree with you about matching up everything with last names. Even in games that don't allow last names.  It makes it sound more complete.  One of the reasons I loved DAoC was because at level 10 you could /lastname a last name for yourself.  Too bad many other games don't allow such a thing.  Everyone is bringing in titles and aliases.  Give me last names first, please.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

/played: EQ, EQ II, DAoC, WoW, LoTRO, AoC, CoH/CoV, WAR, Aion, Tera, Wildstar and many others that don't merit listing

/playing: Clash of Clans, Hearthstone

youre right it can be tough sometimes to think to a name. They should just do what they did in guild wars as fara s names go, but allow people to have one word names if they want to as well. (i cant remember if guild wars forced at least 2 words or not)

• ZIlver_BlackZIlver_Black Member Posts: 3

It would be cool if they made last name optional, and changeable.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,080

I believe they stated at one point they'd like to have that. But I doubt it will be at character creation, probably something you get after a certain point, like LOTRO or EQ2...They're adding alot of extra elements to this game, like that....So I'd definantly think they will add surnames.

• xNielsxNiels Member Posts: 1

nice

• ShrikeValeoShrikeValeo Member Posts: 33

I like the idea of 2 names, and I too am mad with having to have my name just right. I even do it with forum posts, hence the editing. In GW, i made a ranger called Xavier Bowstorm, without realising a storm bow existed. creepy, but if i had the chance to change it, i would.

After the wave of people playing the game with dervishes called X Derv Of Death X or something as unimaginatively STUPID as that, my taste in good names has changed a lot. My latest character, a Mesmer, is called Soradir Attero, "attero" being latin for.......something.

I'm also liking the name Shrike Valeo, shrike being a random name i liked from a past game (Red Faction 2) and Valeo following the trend of being latin for something I forget. If anyone steals it, I'll have your head!

Plus, in GW, its possible to make names like "D E R V I S H", because you need at least 2 words, but technically, all you need at least 1 space between what you've put

Anyhoo......to conclude, 2 names ftw, but people will sill be making pathetic names that they deserve to be shot for. just gives more potential for those of us with imagination

Originally posted by LethalShadow

I like the idea of 2 names, and I too am mad with having to have my name just right. I even do it with forum posts, hence the editing. In GW, i made a ranger called Xavier Bowstorm, without realising a storm bow existed. creepy, but if i had the chance to change it, i would.
    After the wave of people playing the game with dervishes called X Derv Of Death X or something as unimaginatively STUPID as that, my taste in good names has changed a lot. My latest character, a Mesmer, is called Soradir Attero, "attero" being latin for.......something.
    I'm also liking the name Shrike Valeo, shrike being a random name i liked from a past game (Red Faction 2) and Valeo following the trend of being latin for something I forget. If anyone steals it, I'll have your head!
    Plus, in GW, its possible to make names like "D E R V I S H", because you need at least 2 words, but technically, all you need at least 1 space between what you've put
    Anyhoo......to conclude, 2 names ftw, but people will sill be making pathetic names that they deserve to be shot for. just gives more potential for those of us with imagination

ugh god i hate names like that too...i dont know why it really shouldnt bother me but for some reason it feels like it takes away from the game a little for me when i see a name like "smokerogue" or "roflnoob"