Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of starting playing the game BUT

I need to ask a question. Saw an adv about directx10. Will LoTR planning to implement directx10? If yes then I wont be playing it due to the reason directx will be only in Vista and I will never install Vista on my PC.

Unless they got Linux or MAC clients.

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Im pretty sure they wont abandon DX 9 support if they do support DX 10. But dont get this game anyway, it's shallow, repetetive and a simple MMORG not worthy the name of LOTR.

• YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by Saerdna_GR

I need to ask a question. Saw an adv about directx10. Will LoTR planning to implement directx10? If yes then I wont be playing it due to the reason directx will be only in Vista and I will never install Vista on my PC.
    Unless they got Linux or MAC clients.

Like you said, direct x10 is for vista, however if you dont have Vista installed, the game looks very pretty.  The adding new updates that include x10 goodies (like better lighting I suppose). If you have a good pc, it will work just fine :D

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

LOTRO has DX10 support, but still runs fine (Smoother, even) under DX9.

• dragonacedragonace Member UncommonPosts: 1,185

Originally posted by Wharg0ul

LOTRO has DX10 support, but still runs fine (Smoother, even) under DX9.
    I think LOTRO is the first live game to even try DX10 aren't they?  I know some of the games in development are planning on releasing with DX10, but are there any other live games that have tried it yet?

As the others have said, their DX9 is still the main client (DX10 is still just Beta I believe).  I'm running DX9 on XP with LoTRo and am not planning on changing anything for quite awhile.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I doubt any MMORPG these days will completly dedicate themselves to Vista only. They would be missing out on a lot of customers.

Torrential

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

yes, AFAIK, LOTRO's DX10 implementation is/was the first in an MMO. It's officially out of the beta phase as of the most recent patch.

However, the benefits don't really outweigh the negatives, at this point. The performance is far superior in DX9, and the graphics are nothing short of jaw-dropping. Sometimes it's hard to even tell it's a game.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

Like already stated LOTRO supports both DX9 & DX10. 

I just wanted to post because of Yamota's comment, I have been playing LOTRO since beta with 5 of my friends & we still enjoy it.   Download the trial and make your own judgment.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963

Like posted before, a game suporting dx10  does even suport dx9. In fact game is written for dx9, but now it also suports dx10.

I have played this game sinse beta and I have found out that I dont like the game,did cancel my account few weeks ago and I dont think I will ever resub.

• vegaslivevegaslive Member Posts: 1

Just get rid of the game.

• masterofwowmasterofwow Member Posts: 23

why would you say that?