Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons to play this game..

K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Nice finally got a forum created for Metin 2..

I just thought I would compile a small list of reasons to try this game for people who havent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-WASD ( better then point and click like alot of mmorpg's)

-Better graphics then most MMO's

-Plenty to do other then fight ( fishing, mining, upgrading/crafting,ect)

-Friendly,helpful, people, good community

-Plenty of classes (both male and fermale versions)

-Players seperated to 3 nations

-Nation wars

- Guilds can buy land and get guild houses

-Good battle system (If your weapon can reach it you can hit it)

These are a few I can think of now maybe not for everybody but for sure worth a try  Feel free to ask any questions..

Comments

• HealthyyHealthyy Member UncommonPosts: 112

And we got cool events.

Examples:

- OX event (every tuesday and friday)

-Nation War (every saturday)

-Fishing events

and more....

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

It may be an etertaining game IF you manage to get to a decent lvl...the problem is the core of the Metin world: the metin stones. Those war stones have a nasty habit of popping out mobs that are way higher than the ones that players training in that area can handle...and ppl have also a nasty habit of attacking them (yes, I know that you actually get a quest ordering just that). And when this happens and all surrounding areas are blocked and you can't train there anymore, the game becomes really frustrating (not to mention some mobs are quite strong).

A decent game should be able to offer equal chances to all players, regardless of going for party training or solo. Unfortunately, for the solo players, this game is hell at low lvls; not many will continue in these conditions...there are other options.

• unherdninjaunherdninja Member Posts: 331

Ive been playing mentin 2 on and off for about a week now and think its pretty refreshing from the usual click mash buttons over and over again. But even though i find it quite fun i still think theres some flaws.

1: Very, very bad character custimization. you cant change any feature on your body besized weather your a guy or a girl.

2: insane grind. The grind can be fun if you do it right but its very anoying.

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

More good pts:

- Can Fight on horseback at high levels.  Nice indeed.

- There is actually a collision-detection system in place, i.e. you can body block.  Most p2p mmo's don't even have this feature.

And some bad:

- Lack of weapon/armor/appearance variety. You can't even see your equipped shield.

- Program's vulnerability to hacking and cheating.  There're many comments on UK version about this. 

Overall, it deserves a slightly higher rating than it's getting now.

Yes fighting on a horse looks nice, can't wait for it

• draguleadragulea Member Posts: 249

The rating is appropriate (it's actually pretty high for what the game currently offers).

Fighting on a horse is not something new. Some games actually do offer this option to players at low lvls (Hero, Martial Artist, WYD, etc). Some games such as Martial Heroes actually allow you to use skills while riding a horse...and yet, leveling on a mount is usually slower than just using AOEs on mobs. So in my opinion (apart from wars and faster transportation to remote locations) it's a pretty useless feature. Looks cool though.

Eh, in metin2 you can use spells from a horse only you need a higher lvl

• glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147

Yup i played this game  only for like 1 or 2 days though i got bored of it though i went onto martial heroes and that is a good game (without the crashing every 20mins) and theni went onto hero online like some ppl like this game....i mean hero online but metin2 i think is good for people who dont mind standing in a world with hardly anyone to talk to i didnt find it that hard to lvl (not as hard as LC) and (sro) but maybe more younger ppl sould play his till thre like 12 or something then they should go onto better games.

im currently playing 9dragons it as its problems for me and other ppl but is overall good game

I like metin2, the national war is awesome there. .(see screenshots)

Almost everyting is fine in the game.

• Turtle1120Turtle1120 Member Posts: 21

Your poll is completely useless... If they don't play Metin 2, why would they even be looking at these forums? The majority of the users looking at this thread actually play this game.

Yes, but there are a few people who play more than one game..;.

Still it's better to put such a poll in the general forums.

• Ultimate87Ultimate87 Member Posts: 6

hero online and martial heros, suck, i tried them both, not that great,

Yes those 2 games just sux.

(That games are modern versions of runescape, what indicates how bad they are)

• Turtle1120Turtle1120 Member Posts: 21

Those two games are not too bad, but they are not as good as Metin 2.

• truerune777truerune777 Member Posts: 44

you put up some good points like lots of classes that arent locked to one gender,i dont care for that character customization so i'll try this out,looks pretty good,course if there were major lag i wouldnt even consider this but no one has brought that up so...

You have two choices,Die quick or Live tortured...choose wisely...I'll make you regret either choice

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

only thing i didnt like was the community, ask something in chat and you will get ignored 99% of the time (unless you spam the q), kinda a small grievence but it really got on my nerves after a while. often when i would get an answer it would be smartass remark or an insult for asking, other than that a very fun game

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

oh and red nation has the worst community, as they are the best nation and cocky to anyone new or with a question, i reccomend the blue nation as at least you get some help from others (unsure of the yellow nation but i hear they are much nicer)

Ur right, if you say something in milgaard you will get ignored.

But in blue and yellow it's different. I'm in Listhmos and the people around are most of the time friendly.

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by Healthyy

Ur right, if you say something in milgaard you will get ignored.
    But in blue and yellow it's different. I'm in Listhmos and the people around are most of the time friendly.

Wow innoue both our rankings went down drastically

Im gonna start playing again in my spare time anything new?

Not much news, i'm semi-retired. I come often to gw's and try to be there in the nw.

ZhenXi

Hercules

JSura

SANGPT

Degreeformen

silentviper

DocCoKiem

Shoo

Bulls

Arturuis

Moorefallen

RKameL

CloneX

TinhCoDoc

jaguarpow1

DragonThug

wolist

Shk

Ruffy

marculine

I think listhmos is doing better than some months ago...

Listhmos top 10:

ZhenXi

silentviper

CloneX

wolist

GrTeR

[MOD]Roph

[MOD]Zero

oO0Mark230Oo

ROUGEslayer

ZhaoYun

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

Only 3 of those guys were my friends lol. .

But wow its cool to see they are in high sevneties and low eighties!

Thats not easy in this game at all...

Ya yellow nations is doing well, awesome!

Yea, kinda cool that we have the best player in our nation :D

• imavirus22imavirus22 Member Posts: 19

your right lol I only played for like 2 days then I got bored and quit (partially bc of my brother saying "why are you killing the cute doggies")I'm playing 12sky now                                     

• jason641jason641 Member Posts: 4

Those dogs are cute? They are pretty ugly to me haha.

Originally posted by imavirus22

your right lol I only played for like 2 days then I got bored and quit (partially bc of my brother saying "why are you killing the cute doggies")I'm playing 12sky now                                     

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Can some detail..what national wars are..how they are fought..who can play..etc etc. Thanks.