Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How I fell in love with Conquer, and why I quit

ElimElim Member Posts: 2

I understand that many of you guys have ill sentiments towards Conquer, especially because Conquer is just.... plain stupid. People call themselves idiots to quit this stupid game and still return, sometime in the future. I don't know how this post will affect you people, but I will tell you my tale.

I was pvping in a text based RPG game (Called Space Merchant) and after I killed twins, they said that they were busy on a MMORPG called Conquer. (Needless to say, this was around 4 years ago, and the only MMORPGs I had ever played was a private Ragnarok Server, and a private MU server, both of which annoyed me to death.

After I started I found the graphics decent, but the backgrounds very artistically done. I admit, I lacked patience, levelling was a chore in Conquer, you needed to grind as long as you could until you convinced yourself that you are strong. Instead I spent my time talking to people and flirting with girls.

When a new server came out in Conquer (Saphire) I moved from Phoenix to Saphire (Phoenix already had a few 120 + characters and my account had a measly level 26 trojan). In Saphire I made friends with others because as a newbie I was proficient at the noob levelling 'hot spots', and I spent no useless time doing just that, levelling. I met a few people that were good at what they did and couldn't wait to show the whole server they were really good at Conquer. Needless to say, some of their enthusiasm rubbed off on me, and I tried to spend more time levelling.

Conquer is heavily PVP based, Guildwars is extremely fun if played right, and you can have your heart beating extremely fast for over 12 hours in tactics and teamplay. My level 65 archer was annihilated by the level 95-100 archers and a few level 70 + trojans, and so I realized I needed to spend no time bullshitting around and level since server start.

And so begins this tale of Elim. Skipping from server to server, all I did was level, beat other people, and then leave server. I started becoming popular, until I led my own gang of friends and that was pretty much our goal. Soon I became so strong in the game that people that had never met us actually started becoming apprehensive of us. When TQ started releasing new servers frequently (Once a month or so) we would make at least 40% of experienced players reconsider playing on our server, just because as strongest, we controlled the game, we would kill any competition and prevent people from levelling.

My name became synonymous with Legend. On Forums, if you would type my name on search, you would get 34 pages of threads in which my name was mentioned. We had a very loyal following, until TQ decided to ruin the game.

Crediting 100 dragonballs to get customer service ($300+), lottery, exp balls, and just the shop in general proved how greedy TQ really was. I sold one of my characters that I worked about 2 months on for 500 dragonballs ($1600). Obviously money isn't really attractive to me. TQ was already earning hundreds of thousands of dollars in Dragonball sales, making these kinds of special shops seemed typical of TQ to try and suck out more money from their players than anything else. If players were expecting TQ to change their minds and remove this, then they had another thing coming. Prices became imbalanced, and the thrill that came from levelling and killing turned into dust.

Conquer WAS a good game. Not anymore, I have quit for over a year, and I intend it to stay that way.

If you don't know who Elim is, please ask some oldies in some servers, I have played almost all new servers, and I do not regret it.

If only we could go back in time, I would be able to show you non-believers what attracted me to Conquer in the first place.

Thanks for reading this very long post.

Comments

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Nicely written, thanks. :)

(Your real name does not happen to be "BoB", does it? *g*)

• nukegznukegz Member Posts: 1

well written my friend, i will take your advice and stick with wow i guess...

• K.o.v.eK.o.v.e Member Posts: 227

I quit because of the greedyness too...

It just pissed me off how much of an edge players get for purchasing, the game just eventually got really stupid to play. I was high lvl too I think it was 83 or something water tao.

• DonninatorDonninator Member Posts: 11

think about tq in their point of view.

They come form china and starting a game in the us is hard cos u need 2 hire translatrors,programmers,etc in a county where almost 10 yuan = 1 USD(So things are around 10 times mor expencive,trust me,i lived 6 years of my life in the people's republic)and yet were able to make money,release eudemons,monster and me,etc.they were about to release Zero and Crazy Tao and they needed money for that.and what better way to make more money without risising the prices of dbs than to invent a new currency at the last minute?remeber,they have the game in 5 or so languages and rasing the prices of db will make ppl in countires wit lower currency to be unable to afford dbs.and wat so bad about cp?its making 10 yr old noobs with rich parents and waste lots of time and money which goes to ppl who earn a living.

IT'S PEANUT BUTEER JELLY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now put the bag in the money,BAG IN MONEY

• HealthyyHealthyy Member UncommonPosts: 112

I Was also lvl 115 + 1rb (Water tao) but i don't play conquer anymore because of the hackers. The guildwar was completely full of speedhackers and so on...

In the past co was good, good organised guildwars, good lvling system...

Now i play metin2 and it is much much much better.  :D

• glockmasterglockmaster Member Posts: 147

Hmm yes i played this game for around 9 monts and it just gt boreing after a while i think i was like lvl 90+ i playeed ALOT now i played runescape and that is by far the WORST game ever for me it haseveryting i DONT want hackers,click to move,vey bad society its bad now i know i played metin2 but i think  quit within 2 days because everyone was mostly different language to what i could spea i english and i met one person that could speak english....it was quite good i was some sort of elf mage lol i felt abandoned in the dark with a light shining on me i was alone....

• HealthyyHealthyy Member UncommonPosts: 112

Yes, i tried runescape once, i never saw such a stupid game.

Then you better keep playing co....

(but metin2 is better then co )

• OW144WIHNNIOW144WIHNNI Member Posts: 3

Nicely written, thanks. :)

• beepee1989beepee1989 Member Posts: 1

This is to Glock Master

I played runesacpe until they turned the PK'ing off. There are many reasons why. Pk'ing  in Old runescape was a sport in that game that could make you FAMOUS and WEALTHY beyond belief. Since they took this off, many people have quit, and all the trained work to make "pures" was useless. No one in their right mind liked pk'ing with the update they have now(bounty hunting). It made everything "unbalanced" in a sence for fighting. the Pures were made useless while the normal players remained strong.

The newer market exchange in the game also trashed ruenscape's economy for a loooong time.. People who owned the rare "green mask" and "santa hats" had been totally doomed because runescape decided to change the games economy for their thoughts. This left me behind in about 25mil in cash on the game, and it is increasing.

The game also has it's flaws, like high alchemy. It was a skill many people used to make their cash, but sometimes they alch their valuables on accident, DESTROYING them totallly. I have done this(it's a pain in the butt) to a whip.. lol.     I can't complain much because it was years ago when whips were 3.4m, but considering i used skills to level, it made eveerything monotnous..

another reason why i quit, is as much as the game makers try to help us, it also tends to hurt us in a small way. those updates above are some of the worst, along with the glitch of the houses in "FALADOR MASSACRE"(YOUTUBE that and you'll find a devistating glitch that led to a couple of phat drops).

Last reason why i quit is the experience needed to advance levels. Some skills have easy ways to level, like cooking and firemaking. but, getting ANY skill to 99 is a wonder, it takes DAYS of playing if you DONT have cash on that game. leveling to 85 mining is 86,000 iron ores away from level 60? that is another heartbreaker.. I was level 82 or so mining and found out i had about 15-20k ORE to go.. clicking those things is hardly worth it, and smithing was barely worth it either, as it took months to inherit skill like that on Your own.

Runescape has its benefits, like SECURE gameplay and cheap membership, of which i miss both dearly, but it's near impossible for me to play that game again while those updates are still up. I have to admit I do miss the game, but just some small things are so tedious in the game play, it makes it near unbearable to play it again.

Accounts:    Beepee1989(level 100 with 1620+skill), Beepee2005(extra fishing acct), Eep1989mage ranger pure with 84 range and 84 mage), dem0nxspedy (mage pure with like 40's mage LOL)

CO ftw :D

129 archer on
    Wonders - Colossius rhodes

Beepee1989 if you want to whisper me ;)

• animefreak24animefreak24 Member Posts: 9

I know Conquer broke peoples hearts with the Dragon Ball thing but man... World of Warcraft is charging so much for gold. It also cost's 15-20$ a month. My friends loved World of Warcraft but it got soo boring after a couple months that they began to quit befor I could even play... But that game had so much grinding to lvl it wasn't even funny and the highest lvl was 70... anyways...  It's a company and all company's need money. You were wrong to quit a game for the only reason being a buyable  addition to the game. People who spend money on the game are supporting the game itself. There is only one thing I Don't agree with is the Pathfinding and Noblility system in the game. But I still play. Besides if you were so strong in the game and controlled it... reborn and kick some more Dragon Ball buyers ass.

Sunshine server- LOTR*Legolas lvl 111 Archer so far, speedladie lvl 98 Fire Taoist, tTsukasa24 lvl 84 Water Taoist and Kasuma56 lvl 70 Trojan.   No typo's, I'm on frequently.

I'm new to this web site...
    Be nice to me plz!

• sinceastgsinceastg Member Posts: 18

Sorry for no finishing reading your wall of text. It's too long for me..eh..anyway, Nice to meet you.

I'm an archer from pyramid, level 111, non reborn, struggling for my first socket hat.

• animefreak24animefreak24 Member Posts: 9

Gratz man  :DDD

I'm new to this web site...
    Be nice to me plz!

• LonelyOneLonelyOne Member Posts: 11

Ya, I played conquer for what seems like forever. Not even gonna say how much time ive wasted on (cough from the 3rd server)  It's a good game if your life is nothing and never going to be nothing. Loads of grind and the most imbalanced economy.  Only reason I played so long was because it was my first mmo.  Owell, can't begin everything in life perfectly.

• jongyxzjongyxz Member Posts: 1

well, i played this game for a long time. i quit bcuz my account is hack. i came back bcuz i created a better one. :). its true that its not that good as it is before, but i enjoy the game. i have a 122 water-archer full soc and started leeching water tao's. if you want to join, im at great wall server wonders group. look for hisoka.

yehey!!!! my first post EVER!

gi lang..

• iFroobiFroob Member Posts: 52

Conquer was awesome before the CS, I even use to buy Db's to support the game.

Now it's facked up.

Level 1-53 I think it was for one dragon ball.

D:<<

D:<<

• biokittiebiokittie Member Posts: 2

Elim. I remember you i think you were in the same Guild as I was on CO. I was a fire taoist name IXHarukaXI. I think you were in Retribution

With Tonic and a few others. I'm sorry to hear about you quitting. I kinda did the same because of all the pointless stuff that added.  And the fact they made it alot harder to level up which made it even boring to hang around. I'm not sure if you had a character on thunder. But I do remember your name being in the guild Retribution  on CO. Again i'm sorry to hear about you quitting. Although i'm just hearing about this :(

• Saint_SemberSaint_Sember Member Posts: 2

Im new here guys ...but ive been playing CO since the early CO 1.0 .....and i want to say a few words: I used to love that game (i played a huge amount of time) ....but all the fun was ruined when lottery appeared....db online buy .....with those ...now every idiot can be full 2sock....and its not fair.!!!!!!!!!! This is proof that TQ digital cares only about money!!!!!!!!!

why did they ruin the game i loved ? I quit now ....i had many rb chars and some were vrey strong....doesnt matter where .....BUT I WOULD LOVE TO START OVER ......only if u  guys help me find a version of CO without lottery and online dbs.....like the old days( if such a thing exists)......

Please read and help ....some of u surely feels like i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Sunshine too, I've been playing since before the server split.

Also, TQ has to make money somehow. The cost of servers is usually around $100-600 USD per day. They would go bankrupt  if it wasn't for DB buyers.

• Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by LonelyOne

Ya, I played conquer for what seems like forever. Not even gonna say how much time ive wasted on (cough from the 3rd server)  It's a good game if your life is nothing and never going to be nothing. Loads of grind and the most imbalanced economy.  Only reason I played so long was because it was my first mmo.  Owell, can't begin everything in life perfectly.

What MMO do you play now ?

Co was also my first MMO..

I quit co so many times but came back every time, now it's been several months since I logged in and I dont feel the need of loggin' in again. 

nom nom nom

I play on BajoCO and WoWScape these days....... Private servers FTW.

• skyscanskyscan Member Posts: 17

You posted this an entire year ago and I'm unhappy to say, TQ itself hasn't changed much. Yes, sometimes there is an event or too that makes it seem like TQ is nice. But really, they're just trying to get newbies to spend money on DragonBalls. It seems that this entire game is based on; who you can kill, how much DragonBalls you have bought-(or to put it plainly how good your gear is), and what guild you're in. They have added quiet a bit of new things, but most of the time, it just makes buyer even better. Also, the new additions don't help lag.

People who just want to have a good time are whipped out. Either you pay for DBs and become respected or don't. It's not about just playing the game anymore. You have to put money into it or else you become a nothing.

For an example:
    I, myself am a "decent" player. I am 2rb 120-130-130. I have been the MAX LEVEL twice. But that's not even close to enough to become good. Over the past 4 years I have purchased around 50 DBs (roughly $160) and got Full Super +5 SDG. That may seem good, but I get completely annihilated by players who buy DBs in masses (bulkers). There is a player who has bought well over 2000 dbs (too much money-$20000) and is basically un-touchable. I hit him for 1,200 damage average, hen he has 12,000 hp and plenty of potions (which are instant). The thing is, he's only been playing for 6 months, and barely put anytime into it and just spent a fortune instead.
    - In Conquer Online, it doesn't matter how long you play for, just how much you spend

Pking has a written "code" which most non-english speakers do not follow. This code was created, because TQ put a lot of unfair skills in pvping, so "good" players made this.
    -no guard whoring
    -no cheap shotting
    -no potting
    -no flying
    -no hidding under ghosts
    -no hacking (duh, but most people do not follow it)
    -no flash killing
    -no looting
    -no hercing

Leveling is all about grinding, ALL the quest are complete crap . And of course, you can always take the easy way out and DragonBall level. Which is naturally way way faster, and takes no effort what-so-ever (besides purchasing DBs)

TQ made it so you can always take the easy way out and buy Dragon Balls. Making the game extremely simple.

The Community:
    You might find a few nice people here and there. But most of the powerful people walk all over everyone else, just because they can. Most of them don't speak english (even though it's an english based game) and just about everyone talks trash and gets angry easily. (that's an understatement)

Somehow this game is still fun.

Conquer Online is like a Cigarette. You know it's bad, but you play anyway, because it's highly addictive.

I am still playing. Even after all that, if you still want to play, come visit me at

Server: Dreams - Glory
    Name: Slice&Dice

I'll be friendly

If you are RICH, this is the game for you. It is fun, only if you are good. Other than that... take a hike

• Kowboy_KittyKowboy_Kitty Member Posts: 41

Interesting, I also quit RS. It's especially interesting to hear it in the conquer forums... Yeah I played Conquer for a while, me and a friend. We played till a pretty fair lvl I went to about lvl 60 archer and he was a bit behind and decided to buy some dragonballs LOL. Welp, he left me in the dust. I quit.

• ScrototypeScrototype Member Posts: 4

Conquer’s got a lot of mixed reviews, but overall, I’m for it. One thing that makes me quit other MMOs is that lots of the game areas are paying areas ---you can’t go there unless you fork out cash, and you don’t even know if they will be cool. Conquer lets you go everywhere, as long as you’re willing to grind out the levels to get there. Plus I have lots of time on my hands, so…. Yeah. The only thing people pay for is items.

The game is always patching some function or doing some sort of updates. I heard that some patches have unresolved bugs in them, but at least they are actually fixing their game (unlike heaps of asian MMOs). Plus, the anti-trojan/virus stuff seems like a good idea.

But in my opinion, what really kicks ass is the amount of PK tournaments, guild wars, and contests they have. Just check it out –there’s like another PvP activity almost every day. Plus they do huge server merge operations so that you can have a PK server war! That’s everyone on your server against everyone on the other server. What other game does that like every week? If you like PvP, this is pretty sweet.

Before the coming of the ball sack, god invented the scrototype! It is one of a kind!

• turandotturandot Member Posts: 120

Hug Hug...

• GobbleGobbleGobbleGobble Member Posts: 3

I completely agree. Elim DOES have perky nipples.

Dan.

Aussie or NZ gamer or just play in the +8 to +10 timezone?! Come check out www.Oceanian.com.au!