Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

blah....must resist temptation....

grrr...why is albion calling me?

I have not played in years. Classic server sounds so great.... I have cancelled/reupped several times. I was even a daoc beta tester. I tried playing 14 day free trial a year ago...but I hated the old dated controls. Wonder if I can get another 14 day thing...

TOA really ruined the game for me. Have they changed the controls any? I forget, can camera movement be bound to mouse look?

Comments

• MontenagroMontenagro Member Posts: 14

erm... controls are customizable..

and my camera has only EVER been controled by the Right mouse button and moving the mouse.

getting another 14day trial is as easy as asking for one at www.darkageofcamelot.com

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

I'm planning to come back to Albion myself, if you're up for a dynamic duo, feel free to add me to Xfire as Ebontide, we can take Monte for all they've got. :p

Edit: Aww, 100posts after only 4 years...such a forum-hog. :(

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

DOWN WITH ALBION!!  LONG LIVE MIDGARD!!!!!!

I no longer play DAoC but when I did I hated Albion with a a passion.  Don't get me wrong.  I tried to play alb on many occasions and they all ended in dismal failures.  There was never just 1 big problem but a load of smaller problems that added up to be one giant nuisance.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

Originally posted by Pipwicky

grrr...why is albion calling me?
    I have not played in years. Classic server sounds so great.... I have cancelled/reupped several times. I was even a daoc beta tester. I tried playing 14 day free trial a year ago...but I hated the old dated controls. Wonder if I can get another 14 day thing...
    TOA really ruined the game for me. Have they changed the controls any? I forget, can camera movement be bound to mouse look?
    One could, from day one, setup proper Mouse-Look.  However it was, and still is, non-intuitive.

For me, the killer was when they changed the graphic for characters in 1st person mode that had Staff weapon.  The Staff now stuck up in front of your face all the time.  Just to annoying to describe.  Change was obviously put in place by devs that *only* ever played in 3rd person mode.   Probably felt everyone should play the way *they* felt was proper.   So, they lost my subscription money some four years ago.  To bad.

Went back a few times over the years.  Staff was still sticking up in front of my face.  Never stayed more than a day or two.

Good Luck to you if you go back.

Not the same game anymore.

• MontenagroMontenagro Member Posts: 14

so you quit because you didnt like a staff in your face... in a game that isnt supposed to be played in first person in the first place.

playing in 1st person puts you at a HUGE disadvantage in EVERY way possible.  

so you left... obviously the game lives without you

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

For as long as there is someone being tempted to return to Albion

...I will forever be tempted to return to midgard to kill him/her

I'm telling you, Ive never played another MMORPG that had instilled faction loyalty as much as DAOC did.

My RL tombstone will read

RIP: Midgard Forever!

Torrential

• Thomas2641Thomas2641 Member Posts: 143

Originally posted by Czzarre

For as long as there is someone being tempted to return to Albion
    ...I will forever be tempted to return to midgard to kill him/her
    I'm telling you, Ive never played another MMORPG that had instilled faction loyalty as much as DAOC did.
    My RL tombstone will read
    RIP: Midgard Forever!

Torrential
    Hell yeah..

In one month I will be returning to the US classic servers with a vengeance! (RR 3 LOL  ) Can't wait to ask the albs to bend over! Midgard forever - and to the end!