Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help. Can't access expansion places on PC

I own all the current expansions on the xbox 360 and I only own the original through rise of the Zilart on PC.

I've been playing on my 360, but I got sick of not being able to play and watch TV at the same time because there's no getting around how slow paced this game is.

So I install and patch for like 5 hours and when I went to log in I got a message that said, "Expansion pack not installed. You will not be able to access expansion pack areas". I'd like to reiterate that I all ready own all of the games expansions and have registered the keys and can access all the game on my 360, but not the expansion areas on my PC.

Anyone know how to fix this without buying the expansion again? Is there somewhere I can download the expansion or a full version of the game?

Any help would be great.

Comments

• DreysonDreyson Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Originally posted by Kryogenic

I own all the current expansions on the xbox 360 and I only own the original through rise of the Zilart on PC.

Thats your problem right there. You have to own all the expansions on all the systems you wish to access them on. So just because you own them on the 360 version doesn't give you access to them on the PC. You'll have to go out and purchase them separetely.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

I've been playing on my 360, but I got sick of not being able to play and watch TV at the same time because there's no getting around how slow paced this game is.
    So I install and patch for like 5 hours and when I went to log in I got a message that said, "Expansion pack not installed. You will not be able to access expansion pack areas". I'd like to reiterate that I all ready own all of the games expansions and have registered the keys and can access all the game on my 360, but not the expansion areas on my PC.
    Anyone know how to fix this without buying the expansion again? Is there somewhere I can download the expansion or a full version of the game?
    Any help would be great.

For about $3-$4 you can buy the FFXI Starter Pack. This provides only the reg keys for POL and the base FFXI, but it will install all the expansion software. That should probably solve your problem.

Chris Mattern

• KryogenicKryogenic Member Posts: 663

Originally posted by ChrisMattern

So I install and patch for like 5 hours and when I went to log in I got a message that said, "Expansion pack not installed. You will not be able to access expansion pack areas". I'd like to reiterate that I all ready own all of the games expansions and have registered the keys and can access all the game on my 360, but not the expansion areas on my PC.

Any help would be great.

For about $3-$4 you can buy the FFXI Starter Pack. This provides only the reg keys for POL and the base FFXI, but it will install all the expansion software. That should probably solve your problem.

Chris Mattern

I don't think you guys understand. I own the base game and Rise of the Zilart on PC and have all ready registered the codes for all the expansions with my POL ID which can be used on PC and Xbox 360.

I can play the game fine on my PC, but I can't access any of the expansion content that I don't have installed,i.e. Chains of Pormathia and Treasures of Howeveryouspellit. I installed from the original disks and it did not install the expansion software. I've all ready bought the game twice... once on PC and once on 360. I'm not purchasing the game again.

To the other poster:

I knew what the problem was when I posted. I was trying to find out if anyone knew of a place to download and install the expansions that I don't have on PC.

Any help would be great.

Chris Mattern

I don't think you guys understand. I own the base game and Rise of the Zilart on PC and have all ready registered the codes for all the expansions with my POL ID which can be used on PC and Xbox 360.

I can play the game fine on my PC, but I can't access any of the expansion content that I don't have installed,i.e. Chains of Pormathia and Treasures of Howeveryouspellit. I installed from the original disks and it did not install the expansion software. I've all ready bought the game twice... once on PC and once on 360. I'm not purchasing the game again.
    To the other poster:
    I knew what the problem was when I posted. I was trying to find out if anyone knew of a place to download and install the expansions that I don't have on PC.

I understand your problem perfectly. You can't play the expansions on the PC because you haven't bought the expansion software for the PC. I gave you a very cheap way to buy the expansion software for the PC; I don't know of any cheaper way to obtain it. If you don't like the solution, I can't help that.

Chris Mattern

Any help would be great.

Chris Mattern

To the other poster:

I understand your problem perfectly. You can't play the expansions on the PC because you haven't bought the expansion software for the PC. I gave you a very cheap way to buy the expansion software for the PC; I don't know of any cheaper way to obtain it. If you don't like the solution, I can't help that.

Chris Mattern

No you don't understand man.

I OWN the "starter pack" IT DOESN'T INSTALL THE EXPANSION SOFTWARE. How many times do I have to post this?

I know you were trying to help, but Christ on a cross, man. I've posted multiple times that I all ready own that and it doesn't install the expansion software.

Any help would be great.

Chris Mattern

To the other poster:

Chris Mattern

No you don't understand man.
    I OWN the "starter pack" IT DOESN'T INSTALL THE EXPANSION SOFTWARE. How many times do I have to post this?
    I know you were trying to help, but Christ on a cross, man. I've posted multiple times that I all ready own that and it doesn't install the expansion software.

No, I'm afraid you're the one who isn't quite grasping things here. I'm not referring to the FFXI + Zilart pack that was FFXI's original PC release in the US. I'm referring to a NEW product that SE released last July that includes FFXI and all the expansions, but only the reg keys for bare FFXI (you don't even get a key for Zilart). It has an MSRP of $4. Unless what you bought actually has the words "Starter Pack" on it, it's not what I'm talking about.

Chris Mattern

• AdrianusAdrianus Member Posts: 13

Even though you own the 360 expansion and have enabled the content IDs, the fact is you don't have the data for them on your PC. Even if you patch all the way up it will not give you the data to expansion specific areas. As to where you can find the PC expansion data, I don't know off the top of my head, you can probably just search around for it on the net... ...or if you know someone with the Anniversary Edition you can get all the data from their DVD (I've loaned mine out to all my friends on PS2 and 360).

CoX - Champion (Hero) - Guardian (Villain)
    FFXI - Diabolos
    WoW - Trollbane (Horde) - Misha (Ally)

I looked up the FFXI starter pack thing when I took a break for lunch. I saw they have it in a local Gamestop. Sorry about getting frustrated. I didn't know what you were talking about and I apologize.

I'll pick one up later and see if it works.

• wrongfeifongwrongfeifong Member CommonPosts: 405

why need 6 posts of useless arguement.

Basically you can't play it because you DON'T have the FILES requires to RUN the area. (PERIOD)

Its like you can't run photoshop without installing the software man even you are register.

Or you want to go drive your car without having a car....

get it?

starter pack include only files of starter NOT zilaat not TOAU and NOT COP. You msg is cleared threw it at you "Expansion area NOT install" If you installed and not regiester you get "expansion area NOT registered"

=.=

none

Originally posted by wrongfeifong

Basically you can't play it because you DON'T have the FILES requires to RUN the area. (PERIOD)
    Its like you can't run photoshop without installing the software man even you are register.

get it?

starter pack include only files of starter NOT zilaat not TOAU and NOT COP. You msg is cleared threw it at you "Expansion area NOT install" If you installed and not regiester you get "expansion area NOT registered"
    =.=
    I got the starter disk for $1.99 US and when I put it in it has options to install the expansions that I don't have installed, so thanks but no thanks for your insightful and helpful post.

Thanks for trolling buh-by... thanks for playing.

And a whole-hearted, sarcasm-free, thank you to Chris.

Originally posted by wrongfeifong

get it?

=.=

No, that's not quite right. The starter kit includes the files. As you noted, it installs but doesn't register the expansions. If you don't have the expansions registered with keys from elsewhere, you can't play them with the starter kit (you can buy the registration keys for the expansions (but not base FFXI) online from SE, BTW). For the OP, who had the expansions registered but not installed, it exactly fits his needs.

Chris Mattern