Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game has issues

OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Website has little information on the game, the tuturial is buggy and you cannot restart it.  If your pack is full your quest rewards fall on the ground where someone else can easily pick it up.  Initial bag space is a joke, fills up in the first minute.  You can't run anywhere far without running out of stamina. 

Of course if you ask any questions in chat you get hammered for asking dumb noobie questions.  And there are some that derive great enjoyment from pking the lower level players.

Fortunately someone directed me to the forums where there is some information, not a good place to put it.

When a game has people sitting in a corner with mobs beating on them to up their shield skills it has major problems.

The mobs are not color coded, they are either red or grey, with grey being no experience from them.  You get a quest to kill mob and it two hits you, great scaling of quests iwth no way to tell if you can actually kill the creatures.

If you were thinking of trying this game, don't.  There are far better f2p games out there.

Comments

• KrausenKrausen Member Posts: 20

That's your opinion and so far the community in novus server with bellatos and accretians it's very good, i ask something and at least someone try to help me. About the pkers i'm with you, is just dickish that you're lvling and someone comes and kill you, from your own race. And yeah the first 30 lvls are  kinda bored and simple, after that it gets interesting maybe you should try to keep it up till 30.

• terr89terr89 Member Posts: 12

That's pretty much just your opinion, and you can't decide for all the people in the world. Most of your problems are solveable by really easy way but you judged the game so quickly that you didn't even seen the real Rising Force Online. I'm playing this game for 2 months now and it's pretty much the best free to play game i've ever played. Yup. Like which is better? About the "sucky community", in RF i met the best people i've ever met in any MMO. PKers? Well it sucks when someone from your own race kills you, but you can punish him by making him "Wanted", just pm to your Archon who PKed you. If you are talking about the PKers from other races- well what did you expected from an open, hardcore pvp game? Whenever someone killed me- my rage was growing and now when i am high lvl with some good equips- i am releasing it and damn it feels good.

If you want to play a game with much faster grinding than other games out there (archlord, rappelz and stuff), with great pvp and science fiction world- you will love it. And if you want a real review about this game just look for it in the net, cause this guys really doesn't know what he is talking about.

Sorry for my english, i hope that everyone will understand what i've said

• ShrikeValeoShrikeValeo Member Posts: 33

Agree on that. I have gone back to it after one and a half years to see how its changed. Currently level 23. there are some things to this game that could do with explaining, but doesnt really give:

1) Get bags asap. you WILL be filling your inventory fast. you get 2 bags from quests earlier on, but if you want, you can max out your bags before this happens. the resell value of bags is low, however.

2) Expect to use a lot of hp, fp and sp pots. compared to how much you make from selling loot, you can afford to do this at least against what you should be fighting. set up a potion macro by pressing Y and keep an eye on how many is left by also dragging the potions to your skillbar.

3) with regards to people tanking many mobs to up the defence/shield pt, what do you expect? this game isnt about level, its about skill level and skill points, which are increased purely by *using* the skills, attacking, blocking attacks, and taking hits, not like many other mmorpgs using skill points by levelling or such methods

Yes, the chaos pots were a bad idea, and the only good use is to kill constant kills stealers or bots, but this rarely happens. Many people do try to police this, and similarly use a chaos pot to kill the pkers, but at the end of the day, there is nothing that can be done.

I do believe this, like many other games, has some issues. Monster level is a good point. Same regarding whether a monster is Ace or Normal, since new players do not grasp what this means at times.

I try to offer help when possible, but most experienced players are constantly defending parts of the desert, desperately trying to gain some levels for that new armour or participating in the Chip War

All in all, facts are facts, opinons are opinions. Some things could do with changing to make it easier, but all games have at least some issues

• KevinRKevinR Member Posts: 35

I have been playing for about 3 weeks and have three characters in the mid 30's, the game is free to download and play. There is a shop which you can buy items using your credit card but I have only spent 10 Uk pounds buying some Beginers rings and amulets ( Still have credits left ).

You are short of storage at the begining having only 1 bag but you get 2 in the early quests, so by level 5 ( about 1 hour of play ) you can have 3 bags and be able to buy a 4th from the NPC. Having your quest rewards fall to ground if your bag is full is a serious fault but after it happens once you make sure you have the room before finishing the quest.

When you target a mob you get a display above its head showing its details, Ace or Normal and 1 to 7 pips or lights to show its strength compared to yours. If the mob is way above or below you its shown as a grey name, if the mob is in your range its shown as red. It also shows if the mob is aggressive or not.

It takes about 3 or 4 days to get to level 30 but the game has a unique system of XP and PT points. The XP gives you your level and the PT gives you your skill with a weapon. Thats why you see players being hit by several mobs and not fighting back, they are trying to get the shield and defense skill up. 

The game is hardcore PvP so if thats not your scene then give it a miss, but it is fun to play and being free you can keep it on your computer for when you want something different or if your main game is having server maintence.

• tsao284tsao284 Member Posts: 91
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Website has little information on the game, the tuturial is buggy and you cannot restart it.  If your pack is full your quest rewards fall on the ground where someone else can easily pick it up.  Initial bag space is a joke, fills up in the first minute.  You can't run anywhere far without running out of stamina. 
    Of course if you ask any questions in chat you get hammered for asking dumb noobie questions.  And there are some that derive great enjoyment from pking the lower level players.
    Fortunately someone directed me to the forums where there is some information, not a good place to put it.
    When a game has people sitting in a corner with mobs beating on them to up their shield skills it has major problems.
    The mobs are not color coded, they are either red or grey, with grey being no experience from them.  You get a quest to kill mob and it two hits you, great scaling of quests iwth no way to tell if you can actually kill the creatures.
    If you were thinking of trying this game, don't.  There are far better f2p games out there.
    *Cracks knuckles*

1) It takes about 30 minutes of playtime to get enough money for multiply your bagspace by 5. If youd have asked for help getting bags before your rant you might have got it.

2) There are about 50 game guides on the codemasters forums and rfaddict.com has a list of every mob and its location in the world. Stop being lazy and maybe people wont get annoyed with you.

3) People are free to chose how to spend their time, just like people 'Fish' on WoW and visit the entire map on EQ2 just for discovery xp. I have GM shield and never stood around in HQ..

4) There is a level system which you couldnt be bothered learning or researching. Im sorry the mobs dont exactly match WoWs colour scheme.

Its not your place to tell people what to do - if they want to try the game that is their choice.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• OlsonatorOlsonator Member Posts: 61

If it sound si'm doggin you i appologize but most of these ppl are right you gotta give this game sum time. this games not too bad really i enjoy it on the novus Accretians are good ppl onthe Lumen server coras are good ppl too adn on the solus the ballatos aren't that bad really just gotta know when to stay back before runnin out there. but I didn't run into pker's that much just once on the novus but some dude came in an chased the dude off so yeah. Hp issue not so bad jsut stock up I Usually stock up on the better Hp pots in groups of 99 i usually get a second group of 99 just so I can last a little longer. But  if you set your macros you don't have to hit the hot keys or right click the potion at all untill you run out only think i first had trouble with was ammo but i soon started stockin up liek madd with ammo. onthe solus server you have trouble gettin a bag i can spot you some cash if ur a ballato. all you really need is to keep 2 spaces free in your inventory before you end your first quest just keep selling the things you don't need to npc's it's a good cash builder. but yeah all you needed was to give this game sum time. you'll find that it is actually fun.

• TrixyTrixy Member UncommonPosts: 7

The game is fun as far as contents and graphics go but the real problem is that as a new player entering the game , dont bother! I played RF when it first came out and I thought, why not re-visit it, its been a while...... well now i remembr why I quit playing the game .... there are a few high lvl nasty players who very simply said will not let you play period! They pk you and will not let you lvl or play at all! The game only caters to the high lvl players who prevent any new-comers from playing period!

Of course the game managers have no idea why the game failed fro ptp and is now free to play! Any game has to have some sorte of balnce built into it, so that all, or most players anyway, can enjoy the game! RF lacks that all together! If you are not high lvl you can not play this game, they will pk and prevent you from going outside safe areas to try to lvl all together! And anybody who says different is one of them !!! I rate the game very low, dont bother, total lack of any fun factor for new players! Will see how just catering to a few high lvl players will bring any growth to the game!

TOTAL waste of time trying to play!

GL find a game thtas more balanced towards all players :)

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

while I think this game is pretty bad, most of the things you whined about have nothing to do with the game but with you the player.

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

You know a game has deeper issues when its coders are too idiotic to put a SOUND OFF button on the login screen.

That music is fine for an anime romance but really gets sickening when you're forced to listen to it over and over.

Lack of thought is the general theme to the whole game from the tutorial to the movement to the mechanics and onward.

I suppose if you're willing to work through those issues you might find something you can consume.  But some people can convince themselves any junk tastes good.   

• DeviateDeviate Member UncommonPosts: 219

@ Trixy

For one, you're overexaggerating. Yes you will get pk'ed, but um, it's a pvp game. Some people keep playing after they get pk'ed, and people like you whine on forums and quit. May I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventures, because obviously pvp isn't your bag.

• LusafurLusafur Member Posts: 52

The game gets better you just have to give it some time into it.

• NinixNinix Member Posts: 190

ahahahahahahahahah dude? do u even know the game? o way to tell if you can actually kill the creatures. ahaha u kiddin me? theres a dot program. on all mobs... the more dots on the target UI the stronger it is...