Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA should be blamed

FSS should have released this game after patch 1 contents.

but,, EA might don't want it, because they just only concerned CD sales.

don't ruin this great game anymore EA !

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Its not only EA that tries stuff like this, its all big American publishers, (SOE anyone ?)

Thats probably the sole reason that  TCoS does not have an American publisher yet. They want to decide what when and where themselves. And don't want publishers interfering with their ideas and timeschedules.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• taliftalif Member Posts: 141

YUP

FFxi Retired
    Coh/Cov Retired
    Guild Wars/Retired
    WOW/(11-23-04/1-6-07)
    VSOH/ retired
    AOC/retired that was fast :(
    Waiting 4 DCUO ,and FFXIV

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823

So, we're going to blame EA for Flagship's incompetence now?

There are still bugs, connection problems, billing problems and a whole host of other problem that should never be. Would another week have mattered? A month? A year?

There eventually comes a point where you realise that no amount of delays for extra development time will make a game good. Flagship had over 4 years on this project and you think another 2 weeks would have fixed everything?

You know, there was another game released this year that had similar troubles. The game was abandoned by it's original publisher then picked up by another publisher with a bad reputation, the game was in development for several years, the game launched with a multitude of problems and the publisher was blamed. Oh, what was the name of it? SUV Protector? No, that wasnt it.

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Originally posted by Xiaoki

So, we're going to blame EA for Flagship's incompetence now?
    There are still bugs, connection problems, billing problems and a whole host of other problem that should never be. Would another week have mattered? A month? A year?
    There eventually comes a point where you realise that no amount of delays for extra development time will make a game good. Flagship had over 4 years on this project and you think another 2 weeks would have fixed everything?
    You know, there was another game released this year that had similar troubles. The game was abandoned by it's original publisher then picked up by another publisher with a bad reputation, the game was in development for several years, the game launched with a multitude of problems and the publisher was blamed. Oh, what was the name of it? SUV Protector? No, that wasnt it.
    Yep the game was released too early and there still would have been bugs (like all games, WoW included and it's been out for a few years). Granted And a couple of weeks have mattered. Paypal and Pay by Cash soon will be options for payment. HG:L lag issues are much better and I haven't been booted from HG:L like I was from beta.  I'm betting that the auction house and mail system will be implemented in December. It would have been nice if the game wasn't released at Halloweeen and those would have been included in retail. The game is getting better and the devs are working hard.

I do admit HG:L has had a rocky start but it's still too early to give up on the game. Progress IS being made.

• EattenEatten Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its not only EA that tries stuff like this, its all big American publishers, (SOE anyone ?)

Thats probably the sole reason that  TCoS does not have an American publisher yet. They want to decide what when and where themselves. And don't want publishers interfering with their ideas and timeschedules.

was dark and light published by americans?

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Guess I'm too distracted by the single player game to notice...think I'll wait till December if their are so many online issues.

• SmirchSmirch Member Posts: 163

Waaaaaaaa!

People love to complain. I have been having a great time with this game, relatively bug free, since launch. Anyone who expects a completely bug free MMO at launch either doesn't play a lot of MMOs or is a complete tard.

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Yes, because actually using the beta for something constructive like fixing the bugs would have been an impossible thing to do.  Damn those retards expecting to be able to play a released game.

And of course they have the exact same issues as your having, only a retard has different issues than you do.

• zWolfzWolf Member Posts: 88

hmm - I still have a hard time calling HGL an "MMO" but that aside, I have crashed to Blue Screen 3 times playing this game (Retail version - ya right.)

This is the ONLY game since I installed VISTA several months ago that has Crashed to Blue Screen on me. 

to resolve it, I just lowered my Grafic settings in the options - but still, sheesh a Blue Screening error on release?  holy cow man.   I begged in beta 3 weeks prior to haloween for them not to release yet. 

oh well.

I think that my biggest regret is that in my eye's Bill Roper fell from the status of 'Game Maker Hero' to just 'Game Maker'.  It used to be I'd buy anything Bill slapped his name on because I just KNEW it would be good.

Now - I have to treat his products like every body elses.

Blue Screens aside though, Hell Gate Rocks!

Thank you,

zWolf -out.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

EA is as responsible for Flagship / HG:L bombing as SOE is for Sigil / Vanguards' flop. Not at all.

Flagship screwed the pooch on this game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Not really a fan of EA because yeah I do agree all they care about are the sale but FSS is a nice good company who is working really hard to make the game better for everyone. I been playing since the start of beta and have had a good HGL experience. There are some bugs but they been severely overhyped by some people. The bugs are merely just minor annoyances that the community wants fixed and FSS is working on it. There is no game stopping bugs in this game whatsoever. I got stuck once, needed to restart a quest once because it didn't update but other than that I haven't encountered anything major whatsoever.

The most glaring bug is the memory leak for Vista/DX10 users because Vista is such a huge memory hog , games have a hard time running on it. I wouldn't suggest playing this game on Dx10 at the moment but it works great on DX9. the release has been a bit of a rocky start but this game definitely has great potential.

• AristeaAristea Member Posts: 181

I'm sorry to inform you, but dx9 has a memory leak too..it's a game coding error and not a Vista problem. They just blame it on Vista, because they can't fix it.

I'm just happy that they "fixed"it to the point that I now can play 5 hours straight instead of only 3.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Aristea

I'm sorry to inform you, but dx9 has a memory leak too..it's a game coding error and not a Vista problem. They just blame it on Vista, because they can't fix it.
    I'm just happy that they "fixed"it to the point that I now can play 5 hours straight instead of only 3.

I noticed this too. I've been running Tuneup Memoptimizer ( from Tuneup utilities 2007 ) in the background while playing. It frees up the system memory when it gets below 1 gb ( what I set it for ), and it seems to help quite a bit. Not a perfect solution, but good enough for now.

I might have a look at that .

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Never had a memory leak problem and I run WinXP Pro with 2g ram. No issues at all. I also run the game on a 7300 gs 256mb on medium settings with no problems either. If some are gettign this problem on DX9 my guess is they are doing something wrong to cause this. Almost all new games run excellent on dx9 with no issues.

WinXP Pro 2GB ram, 7800GTX , big fat memoryleak. Also got the latest drivers. I don't do things wrong, I don't do anything wrong ..ever. On a more serious note, you not having problems, is less convincing than all the people that dó have problems ;)

And all new games, does not apply to HG:L.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Windows Vista x64 home premium, 3gb's ddr2 800 ram, 7600gt 256mb, and I have had zero problems with this game.

• SynxVIISynxVII Member Posts: 168

I gave this game a fair go, i'm only lvl 8 but I play slow and casual. The bugs that you get in group play are just crippling and i'm not gonna waste time with that. The game should have been a q1 2008 release imo.

I will check back in on it after a couple patches but THANK GOD I didn't subscribe.

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Oh, and one more thing, isn't ea just doing the marketing and distribution?

• derbischofderbischof Member Posts: 59

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Never had a memory leak problem and I run WinXP Pro with 2g ram. No issues at all. I also run the game on a 7300 gs 256mb on medium settings with no problems either. If some are gettign this problem on DX9 my guess is they are doing something wrong to cause this. Almost all new games run excellent on dx9 with no issues.

Im running it in two systems  both with 2g ram and xp, one with a x1950 pro and the other one with a x1650xt, and Im having memory leak on both systems,  the game have this issue.

I always play with my wife and it is a comon bug one of us apear invisible to each other after zoning... I like the game it is fun, have a good atmosphere, not exacly a mmo experience but a good coop experience, but  they need to fix it...

• MalagarrMalagarr Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by derbischof

Originally posted by SaintViktor

Im running it in two systems  both with 2g ram and xp, one with a x1950 pro and the other one with a x1650xt, and Im having memory leak on both systems,  the game have this issue.

I always play with my wife and it is a comon bug one of us apear invisible to each other after zoning... I like the game it is fun, have a good atmosphere, not exacly a mmo experience but a good coop experience, but  they need to fix it...

I still haven't encountered a memory leak in this game, on either my computer or my wife's.  We both run on 1 GB DDRAM and NVidia 7600 GS (512 MB DD Video RAM and 400 MHz GPU).  We also use Windows XP and DX9. 

That said, neither of us has time to play for more than 3 hours or so after the kids are in bed, so maybe that's the issue?

Anyhow...love the game.  It needs some work.  Models for other players need more detail and the UI (particularly chat) needs some love, but all in all, it's a great, fun game.  Not truly an MMO, but much more like an MMO than Diablo 2 was.  No doubt, EA rushed things a bit, but I suspect the game will really shine in a couple of months, once all the bugs are worked out.

• derbischofderbischof Member Posts: 59

Usually after 1-3 hours we have a memory crash here...

Maybe, somehow, it is easier to have this issue with 2g+ram

I like the game too, but I will wait till the next patch to go on...

• Njai15Njai15 Member Posts: 114

Lol @ idiots pissed at EA but for some reason always buy the games to complain even more. Hmmmm you knew EA was shit company before Hellgate London but you thought flagship was some type of god that could break EA shit record?

Even if EA is the sole reason for having a shit game, the fucks shouldve just stayed in the golden Blizzard company... Or did they get fired. Shit im mad at these fucks, they could possibly been Blizzards "magic" and now we gamers have fewer golden companies that put out pure hits.

• SramotaSramota Member Posts: 756

I blame the idiots who made the game.

It's bad on a fundamental level

Played so far: 9Dragons, AO, AC, AC2, CoX, DAoC, DF, DnL, DR, DDO, Ent, EvE, EQ, EQ2, FoMK, FFO, Fury, GW, HG:L, HZ, L1, L2, M59, MU, NC1, NC2, PS, PT, R:O, RF:O, RYL, Ryzom, SL, SB, SW:G, TR, TCoS, MX:O, UO, VG, WAR, WoW...
    It all sucked.

• InEccessInEccess Member UncommonPosts: 111

I don't usually have time to play a game for more then an hour or two, so I can't say I'm free from the memory leak problems you guys are reporting. However, in my limited playtime, I've yet to crash, get booted from the game, or experience any memory leaks. I'm enjoying the hell out of this game and I'm happy with Flagship's work. I wouldn't consider myself a fan boy, especially since I have no idea who Bill Roper is, but I wanted to throw my contrasting view in the mix.