Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you coming back?

MudshovelMudshovel Member Posts: 79

Since the new patch is closing in...

will you be coming back?

Currently : chillin'

Comments

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

Yes I was going to come back anyway,

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• MudshovelMudshovel Member Posts: 79

I'm not sure I will be able to resist the call...

So much new and attractive content, then I remember all the annoying stuff..

Must... resist!

• windstrike1windstrike1 Member Posts: 553

Not unless they restore Sleep to it's C4 glory.  Go ahead and make it not work in PvP, fine.  Make the re-cast time long, fine.  But I'm not playing a Storm Screamer at level 78 and losing a week of grinding because I get one mob too many and can't do sh*t about it. 

• jermell18jermell18 Member UncommonPosts: 124

NO, why would i when nothing has changed about this game. I came back to this game 3 times, and played the game for over 3 years. The game has lost alot of good people, thanks to nerfing of different classes and of course the bots. So why would i come back, the towns are empty, and there not to many good people that play.

Besides, im having alot more fun playing Tabula Rasa, and im waiting for NCsofts Aion, which should be alot better than L2. Lets just hope Aion does'nt die like L2 did. If your tired of swords and orcs atm come play TR, the game is really good.

Crossfire 2 x (ATI 2600xt HD)

• MudshovelMudshovel Member Posts: 79

Tabula Rasa is another great option for me, I was in beta and enjoyed it.  Is the game more stable now?

If not I'll wait a few months and then pick it up =)

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Ive heard a lot of good reports about TR but I havnt tried it. I was thinking of L2, if only for old times sake. Problem is, now there are so many MMORPGs and just not enough time to play them. Its no longer a choice between a good game and a bad game, but a choice of time invested in a good game, and another good game.

Torrential

I would try Tabula Rasa but my computer just ain't good enough. I do not see why computer specs go up even when the graphics are sometimes worse than Lineage 2's? Not saying TR has worse graphics but it certainly doesn't kill Lineage 2.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• BoneflowerBoneflower Member Posts: 91

I actually came back after 3 years away -before- knowing about the Kamael and !st Throne, but I am having a blast again and looking forward to the new update.

• lewhaolewhao Member Posts: 3

I am chinese, Lineage II  is first 3D online game I played,  I am sure I coming back

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

I will not be comming back... have a 69 Bishop 62 SR but everytime i come back the community just pushes me right back out... all my friends from release are gone and it's impossible to get gear more so than ever thanx to the farmers. GREAT game possibly my favourite but the community just isn't there for me anymore... it's a shame really.

Though when AION comes out... i'll be living off IV and crapping in a bottle for a year i assure you.

• lewhaolewhao Member Posts: 3

????????????????????????????? -  -+

• KonderantKonderant Member Posts: 2

Not going back.  I went back after the last update and nothing has changed.  BOTS are still there are the commuity is nothing like it once was.  I played for two years and loved the game, except the gringding but I just can put up with the BS anymore. 

• newblooddnewbloodd Member Posts: 107

I want to come back but thinking of the Grind keeps me at bay.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

I really love L2, was my first mmorpg but the Bots are keeping me out of the game.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

the bots and the exclusion of a higher rate server (like the koreans have) keep me from the game. Also the fact that L2NA are greedy and refuse to ban their bots because they would be banning half their suscribers if they did that

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I'm already back in-game, along with a few friends and we're having a great time.

Started on a new server (too many people and related drama on the old server that I just don't want to deal with). Since they're doing server transfers, I'll be able to bring my existing characters over. In the meantime, leveling up a SE and a Scavenger on the new server.

As for the botting. Yeah they pretty much own L2 at this point and, yeah, NCSoft seriously drags their feet about them and it's aggravating. Botting/RMT disgusts me in any form. At one point,  it kept me from enjoying the game because I was too busy obsessing over it; kinda had to get out of my own way. But frankly, the botting doesn't prevent me, nor anyone else I know in the game from playing or getting what they need so long as they're willing to put forth the effort. War-tagged clans are more an obstacle than the botters have ever been.

And let's face it, RMT/Botting wouldn't be as bad as it is if  so many *players* weren't supporting them. Stop buying the Adena, the botters eventually go away. To bitch about the botting problem without addressing that it's the players keeping them in business is like complaining about an ant problem while continuously dropping crumbs to feed them. It's very easy to make money in this game and there are a few routes you can take, both passive and active - presuming you're not too lazy to do it (which in my experience, tends to be the case more times than not with people - "win button" mentality ftl).

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

im still playing and staying until a better pvp game comes out, and who ever want's to start up at Kamel update i wish you gl since you need it.

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77552

http://www.l2guru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78845

• TaeraTaera Community ManagerMember CommonPosts: 1,078

I'll be coming back! :)  I can't wait to roll up a Kamael.

Laura "Taera" Genender
    Community Manager
    MMORPG.com

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I've been thinking about coming back. It depends on whether or not my schedule lets up.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• walker68walker68 Member UncommonPosts: 156

no way id go back

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

unfortunately ive given up on this game entirely. bots and horrid economy is mainly to blame for my not coming back. last time iw as there, wasnt any different bots galore, potential scams in player shops (though i never fell for any) the economy got worse, weapons were an easy 10-15% more expensive, mats skyrockted. I can only take so much.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• MiniEditionMiniEdition Member Posts: 24

No way.  Lineage 2 was the biggest drain on my real life!  My forst MMO and I was addicted.  Grind Grind Grind.  hey ... its sunny outside.

• RavenscarRavenscar Member Posts: 9

Hi.

I want to go back but... back when I quit I gave all my items away over 100mil full top b grade stuff and now I just can't deal with starting from scratch on my bladedancer...

The economy is so bad I wanna cry :-( and that is my only problem, don't mind the grind that much really put radio on and grind away. But what point when grinding for a long time earns you no money as you need SS to grind fast and just 1 piece of equip is 3+mil?

Yes I could make a dwarf play the market but... I dislike being forced to play certain classes to get what I need =p

Ohh well not sure what will happen really I might go back I might not currently most likely not but you never know, I said that the last 3 times I went back too lol

Over the past week, my human glad (who I finally decided needed to upgrade armor at lvl 66 lol) sat in Giran buying and selling, it feels great because I have made over like 40+ mil ! You will be surprised at how many people quickly like to get rid of things!

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• peacekraftpeacekraft Member Posts: 189

I rekon i will come back, good excuse to start my lowly level thirty elf again ^^ . Ill buy at least a month and see what the state of the game is before deciding whether to buy any more time.

Its just the economy that worries me.