Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

beta tests

godsmackgodsmack Member Posts: 23
I think that it sucks that companies don't usually let people under 18 beta test their games!    Maybe you could talk to them and try to get them to let them because alot of my friends that are 17,16,and 15 are better than some people that I know that are 20 and older! Wouldn't it be better to let kids to beta test games cause they don't usually have anything to do so the ones that want to could spend time beta testing games.    but that is just what I think.  What do you think?

win controll over wythia and save us all!
go here!
http://darkageofwythia.com/linkconfigure.php?link=29014064

Comments

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    The reason for 18+ is the NDA's which they can only hold to people 18 and over. Only thing you can do is try to get into beta tests for games without a NDA, Talk to the government image or the best solution, wait a few years.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• godsmackgodsmack Member Posts: 23

I see now I obviosly didn't do any research.  thanks for informing me. Now I can tell my friends.

win controll over wythia and save us all!
    go here!
    http://darkageofwythia.com/linkconfigure.php?link=29014064

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Just lie. It isn't like you have to fax them a copy of your driver's license or anything. :)

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

what TaskyZZ says is the sad truth these days.
    Although many companies are offering the option of letting oyu legal guardian sign for you.. its better to let them play and know the ages, then just let them resort to .. bending the truth

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

• Goober2k3Goober2k3 Member Posts: 76

I feel like beta testing Project X but cant beacuse MMORPG.com wont let my parents sign for me... Poo on joo

Rage/Enos

Rage/Enos

• BenjarroBenjarro Member Posts: 206

this is a hard subject because some people that are under 18 years old have more skills in beta testing (finding bugs etc) than some people that are over 18 years old thats why i think that the limited age must be something like 16 or so. well anyways i'm over 18 years old so i dont really care lol.

but i would say 16 years old but it was not in the poll so i voted 18

gr.Benjarro

• ViperFasterViperFaster Member Posts: 2

I agree with them making it 16 to beta test, I think alot more 16y/o's have more exp in gamming then 18y/o's.  But just like you Benjarro I am over 18. image

• bristoldbbristoldb Member Posts: 1

And then, You have Us, a few, but proud who have beta tested many games and ( yes ) even suscribed to the games after beta having as many as 4 or more accounts on different games running at the same time. I personally have beta Tested EQ, DAOC, asheron's call, City of heroes, Lineage II.and many others. Getting to my point, I dont respond or Post here , but i do read alot. Only to find out, when i did have somthing to ask or say I'm not allowed because my rating isnt high enough. Is that a crock or what ? Getting back to what i was after to start with is...... I wanted to know how MMORPG rated Lineage II above a 4.0 I agree there are outstanding and stellar graphics... Everything else from the Asian players farming every place thats safe and hearing ( You leave or I PK, Leave or I PK ) to the lack of classes, lack of choices of looks for a character, the horendous lag, the servers always going down and being unstable makes the game at best a sad excuse for a MMORPG. The game developers at best, care not what they can do to better the game, but what they can do to make it easier for the asian ppl that do nothing but farm with bots to make money off the NA's and europeans on ebay. I personally will be boycoting NCsoft from now on, Ive canceled both my city of heroes and Lineage II accounts. If Lineage is as popular a game as claimed to be , it isnt from the people on this sight from europe or NA from the comments ive read,but from the Asian population thats making money, or trying to make money from it from everyone else. 

• BenjarroBenjarro Member Posts: 206

pretty strange post.
    if you visit the forums verry often then you did not have a low rank.
    not the right forum.
    not the right thread.

if you dont understand what i am saying then pm me and i'll explain it to you.
    i mean this post in a friendly way i did not want to offend you and if i did sorry.

again if you need any help with understanding things pm me.

or add me on msn. [email protected]

gr.Benjarro