Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Boycotting the Xpac! Now with POLL!

Comments

• ram3oram3o Member Posts: 134

I boycotted TBC, now look where that lead too.

• DreadlichDreadlich Member UncommonPosts: 597

The level 70 epic gear scales with TBC. If you didn't have fun raiding those first 2 years and getting your gear then why were you playing? If you had fun and enjoyed it then stfu, get to Outland and enjoy the new content. Get your level 70 epics and enjoy. It's all a timesink anyway. Play the game or don't, but ffs stop whining about your toys.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR
    Playing: WAR
    Awaiting 40k Online and wishing for Battletech Online

The level 70 epic gear scales with TBC. If you didn't have fun raiding those first 2 years and getting your gear then why were you playing? If you had fun and enjoyed it then stfu, get to Outland and enjoy the new content. Get your level 70 epics and enjoy. It's all a timesink anyway. Play the game or don't, but ffs stop whining about your toys.

Are you talking to me?
    Originally posted by ram3o

Are you talking to me?

Wasn't replying to you, but if TBC upset you because of the gear stats, then sure.

MMOs Played: EQ 1&2, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, WoW, GW, CoX, DDO, EVE, Vanguard, TR

Wasn't replying to you, but if TBC upset you because of the gear stats, then sure.

Stop it, your hurting my head.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Blizzard admitted they messed up itemization of TBC between old world and new world with the expansion.  The balance was off and it was only multiplied by the change in item values for stamina.    Net result was old world vs new world was very drastic due to this core mechanic change.  That shouldn't be the case next expansion.  Note that I am not entirely thrilled with overall itemization of TBC, but it was a large task considering the concept changes and how many of the old "off specs" have become very viable and more easily acceptable.

All expansions for all games are going to offer you new item upgrades, quests, zones and raids.  That is the industry standard and no one is going to overhaul their game, especially when it is succesful to risk what is already working.  There will be new "things" introduced whatever they be, but nothing drastic.  End result is the game is designed for casual players which the overwhelming majority never see the end raid zones.  That being said I don't want old world items to be so good that it trivializes most of the new contents rewards.  For me it isn't about "work" to get items, I enjoy raiding.  Items are just something you get while having fun.

Anyhow, I don't see this as a boycott worthy cause.  The next expansion better be good though, because I am ready for something new which it sounds like you are also.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Originally posted by ram3o

I boycotted TBC, now look where that lead too.

Hey, me too...we sure showed them, didn't we. 

(of course, I stood in line and bought my son a copy)

OK, so there were two of us who didn't upgrade....

I had actually quit playing a few months before (hey, its been a year now) because I fully realized what the future of WOW was going to be.... and the new expansion isn't any different.

But that's ok, they sold a ton of the first one,  and even if they only sold 1/2 the same number, they'd still be making a fortune so they won't care.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

I would boycott the expansion solely for the reason that Blizzard is only going to change their heavily outdated graphics of a new land BUT deliver the exact same game they did on 2004. I haven't read anything about the Xpac but  I played WoW for 2 years becoming the strongest PvP being on my US server BUT this is what I know for a fact about the Xpac...

The Xpac will have more zombielike, mindless grinding. This is a stupid method for adding content by making the player accomplish very little by doing the same thing for days. Its like Blizzard wants to program gamers into Zombies... those asses...

The combat will be exactly the same... not FUN and requiring the tiniest amount of skill..

The Outland/Shattrath will become almost completely deserted.

New features will be added to the game that will be easily exploited to make other gamers experience less fun. Just like how the Flying Mount killed world PvP because everyone hides in the air and 90% of the world PvP is someone dropping from the sky to gank an enexpecting foe.

I could eleborate more but you guys get the point.... Boycott that crap and maybe Blizzard will realize they have to add good/exciting content instead of the same old boring sh*t.

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

I am boycotting all boycotters of the Xpac.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by jus10datl
    I would boycott the expansion solely for the reason that Blizzard is only going to change their heavily outdated graphics of a new land BUT deliver the exact same game they did on 2004. I haven't read anything about the Xpac but  I played WoW for 2 years becoming the strongest PvP being on my US server BUT this is what I know for a fact about the Xpac...
    The Xpac will have more zombielike, mindless grinding. This is a stupid method for adding content by making the player accomplish very little by doing the same thing for days. Its like Blizzard wants to program gamers into Zombies... those asses...
    The combat will be exactly the same... not FUN and requiring the tiniest amount of skill..
    New features will be added to the game that will be easily exploited to make other gamers experience less fun. Just like how the Flying Mount killed world PvP because everyone hides in the air and 90% of the world PvP is someone dropping from the sky to gank an enexpecting foe.
    I could eleborate more but you guys get the point.... Boycott that crap and maybe Blizzard will realize they have to add good/exciting content instead of the same old boring sh*t.

Why i am even replying to this drivel is a mystery to even me, but anyway;

1 - The first paragraph completely invalidates and contradicts everything else you say in the post to be honest!

2 - no-one yet knows for a 'FACT' what the final content of the expansion will be!

3 - The outlands/Shattrah will be empty will they, what, just like the rest of lower level Azeroth is now you mean? <sarcasm off>

4 - Yes we all know about the flyng mount issue as does Blizzard funnily enough and TA-DA they are fixing it in patch 2.3 so that everyone can be seen in the air from the ground!

The only good thing i have to say is thank you for not elaborating further, i was starting to get the urge to nibble on my own intestines by that point!

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Boycotting seems a bit harsh.... How about you just have a day of going to WoW's website and shaking your fist at your monitor? Same effect.

• valdexvaldex Member UncommonPosts: 28

what i dont understand is this guy is crying about gear he worked hard for  that will be useless in the next expan, but isnt that what all mmo's do anyways when a expan comes out is replace the original gear with new better ones? This guy is just trying to make a post about nonsense that he him self doesnt even understand and is obviously a WoW hater

If your not going to buy it we dont care im going to play the game untill its a ghost

Originally posted by jason_webb

1 - The first paragraph completely invalidates and contradicts everything else you say in the post to be honest!

2 - no-one yet knows for a 'FACT' what the final content of the expansion will be!

3 - The outlands/Shattrah will be empty will they, what, just like the rest of lower level Azeroth is now you mean? <sarcasm off>

4 - Yes we all know about the flyng mount issue as does Blizzard funnily enough and TA-DA they are fixing it in patch 2.3 so that everyone can be seen in the air from the ground!

The only good thing i have to say is thank you for not elaborating further, i was starting to get the urge to nibble on my own intestines by that point!

And your reasoning makes no sense. I am sorry you are still feeding from your WoW nipple. Need a bitty?

I was making a point that you don't have to know ANYTHING about the expansion and can still figure it's going to be the EXACT same game... but in the Snow Land with some new bad guys and Arthas!

P.S. Anybody that played WoW for 2 years should agree with that unless they are still playing and in denial.

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

I've been watching this poll as more and more people have voted and I've seen the percentage of yes to no votes continue to rise and it struck me that there's a larger percentage of posters who either don't play or don't like the game that post on a regular basis.  Those who only infrequently visit this place tend to enjoy the game.  Interesting.

And your reasoning makes no sense. I am sorry you are still feeding from your WoW nipple. Need a bitty?

I was making a point that you don't have to know ANYTHING about the expansion and can still figure it's going to be the EXACT same game... but in the Snow Land with some new bad guys and Arthas!

P.S. Anybody that played WoW for 2 years should agree with that unless they are still playing and in denial.

I've played off and on since beta, agree with that and expect nothing more. Anyone that's played WOW or any game for more than 2 years shouldn't disrespect others that play the same game. Don't blame the game or other players because you don't like it anymore.

They're games people. Play them, don't play them, but leave other people trying to enjoy themselves alone. Game haters are just F'ing stupid in my book.

Originally posted by Dreadlich

I've played off and on since beta, agree with that and expect nothing more. Anyone that's played WOW or any game for more than 2 years shouldn't disrespect others that play the same game. Don't blame the game or other players because you don't like it anymore.

They're games people. Play them, don't play them, but leave other people trying to enjoy themselves alone. Game haters are just F'ing stupid in my book.

Looks like you need your WoW bitty too.

Looks like you need your momma to give you an asswhupin'

Feel better? I can talk on your level too. Let's make more pointless pre-teen posts.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Basically you are boycotting the expansion because:

a) You are tired of the game and would like to play some another game, but the expansion won't turn WoW into another game.

b) You don't play for fun, you play to get leet stuff and show off to other people. And Blizzard is not supporting this playstyle, as they have decided that even the hardcore raiders should have some reason (= better items) to do the normal quests and instances in WotLK before they reach lvl 70 and move on to raiding again.

c) Blizzard isn't bothering to rewrite the old and functional graphic engine. Wich in turn makes the money you spent upgrading your computer seem like wasted.

EDIT: And that poll is nice. If it tells anything, it tells that atm average of 40% people playing MMOs will buy WoW's next expansion. Tough I'd also like to see how many WoW players will buy it, I understand that it would have been impossible for OP to make such poll on this site. Too many non wow-playing WoW haters who would have voted no in it just because they hate the game so much.

Feel better? I can talk on your level too. Let's make more pointless pre-teen posts.

"Looks like you need your momma to give you an asswhupin'" ??? Please don't tell me thats the best thing you could think of? I'm an adult... you obviously aren't if spankings by mommy is the first thing to come to your mind. If you would read the title of the post you can easily tell this isn't the place to defend your simple game. This is obviously a post for people that don't like it.

"Looks like you need your momma to give you an asswhupin'" ??? Please don't tell me thats the best thing you could think of? I'm an adult... you obviously aren't if spankings by mommy is the first thing to come to your mind. If you would read the title of the post you can easily tell this isn't the place to defend your simple game. This is obviously a post for people that don't like it.

If you read my post instead of thinking up the next insult for anyone that disagrees with you then you might notice that I play WOW off and on. Stupid to play into this by defending myself, but I'll do it anyway. Off & on means that I've quit several times. Looking at my MMOs played might indicate to you that I play other things besides WOW. Or maybe do some home repair, or have other hobbies.

You and your kind love to artificially place people below you and get off on insulting them. Even when you are part of the same sub-culture. If you are an adult and feel comfortable spewing derision on other gamers then I feel sorry for you. The point of my post wasn't to defend WOW, it was to defend gamers and civility. Which totally deserved the WOW bitty retort. Tool.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Well at least you made the point that my post had some reasoning rather than a tirade of hater text that made no real sense. You then go on to just insult me because of the game i decide to play and enjoy, again another class example of sarcasm being the lowest form of wit and how some people will sink to that low when they have nothing intelligible to add to the argument.

I have played WoW since release FYI. The expansion is exactly what it is, the clue is in the name, an expansion to the existing game so of course it will be more of the same in the majority. There will of course be some additional content and maybe a couple of twists here and there, but i am not expecting the basic game to differ in the most part.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

I understand. I'm sorry if I come off as a hater when I am just more amazed people still find the grinding and mechanics of this game to be fun/entertaining. Like I said earlier judging from the title of the post you should expect the replies to not be positive and peoples reasons why they won't like the xpac and won't buy it. But of course the WoWanites feel a responsability to defend their beloved game at anytime, even when they are at the wrong place(this post).

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

Like I said earlier judging from the title of the post you should expect the replies to not be positive and peoples reasons why they won't like the xpac and won't buy it. But of course the WoWanites feel a responsability to defend their beloved game at anytime, even when they are at the wrong place(this post).

What do you mean at wrong place? This clearly isn't a topic to organize boycott against WoW, it's just OP telling that he won't buy the expansion and asking what others will do. There is even option to tell that you like WoW in the poll made by OP.

So unless opinions diffirent from yours are suddenly prohibited, I think WoW defenders are in the right place.

I wasn't gonna say it

EDIT: Out of respect for his (conditional) apology

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

Immature arguments on a WoW forum? Blasphemy!

WoW should have been made by Nickelodeon. It has the community and the graphics of such.