Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RF Online A Great Game?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Hi, I have played RF Online, and I have to admit to a few things

RF Online used to be a pay to play game, and used to be great.

Now that it has went Free To Play, it still looks like its a great game, and good graphics, sound is great, and everything, but please read below for what has changed.

Mining in this game except in the core has been reduced to like One Ore per 2-4 minutes, which is pretty lame considering you have to afk mine, or stand there mining, and those who dont afk mine, or leave their pc's on this is a big issue.

Mining with UMTS you now have to pay real life cash for to mine, and it does cost over $50 a month if you left a umt out 24/7 mining.

Yes It used to be a great game, but listed to this.

Ive tried every free mmorpg on the market, even spent hundred's of dollars on donations, and then quit after a couple of months.

Code Masters does not control this game, the Korean's are in control, and they do not give a damn about what the U.S thinks, or anything, they completely changed the game in a lot of ways, such as chip wars you now have to do a quest each time just to be allowed to mine there, and it gets boring, and lame.

Games I have Played, and Quit.

Line Age 2, Ever Quest, EverQuest 2, RF Online, Last Chaos, Nine Dragons, 2 Moons, ect.

Korean's are great, and everything, but when it comes to Fair game play, and everything, such as the game Lineage 2 with only hp Potions, and no mp potions, and lots of downtime for only mages its really annoying.

Now why should you waste months on months of this kind of stuff, when you can wait, or try any other U.S Controled game, where they actually do what is right, such as.

World Of Warcraft, People call this game gay, but I thought it was gay too till I kept seeing snapshots of this game in other games, and tried it.

Age OF Conan

Hell Gate London

StarTrek Online

There are other great multiplayer games on the net, some of sony's games are great too, such as planetside maybe, but EverQuest sometimes gets old.

So your choice, but is RF online a great game?

Just because its free doesnt mean its worth wasteing your real life time on, and everything, and just because its free doesnt mean its the best.

Comments

• MaggotscreamMaggotscream Member Posts: 284

RF Online is a good game, but making a poll asking if it's "The best" is misleading considering your post was about it being great and not the best.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

First off, it's nowhere near the best mmorpg. It just so happens it's my current one, but I can't say I haven't played better ones.

Second,  I don't really see what you're getting at. Your only argument against this game is the mining. You don't HAVE to use UMT's to mine. In fact, you don't HAVE to mine at all. You can get all the ores from mobs and actually progress your character while doing it. If you pick up all the drops, you make bank by selling purples and crafting items to other people. If you really have to mine though, it's as simple as leaving your character in the mine with 10 large batteries while you're at school or something. It's not that big of a deal.

I think there is no reason this game couldn't be one of the big ones though. If they fixed all the controls and made the UI a lot more smooth, the popularity would increase tenfold. Part of the problem is that it's so hard to get around in that game and figuring everything out takes some getting used to. If this game was pay to play though, I probably wouldn't play it because it seems like it should still be in beta or something, which is why I think they switched to free to play.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

no not by far, if it was the best mmo then it would still be p2p

• bdhunterbdhunter Member Posts: 25

RF online is a good game compaired to some of the other online games 

but it does have some disadvantages

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

This game smokes most f2p games out there.

• funkulafunkula Member Posts: 6

Lineage is 1 word. It basically means heritage or bloodline. Didnt you think it was strange for a game to be called Line Age? I mean seriously, I hate that.

/end rant

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

I fail to see how a grindfest which lacks in content is the best game out there...... Enlighten me

Crafting in rf is a joke, all classes except mages and acc debuffers only have 4-6 skills to use. Its pvp is based on gear mostly and requires absolutely no skill at all. Unless u call the simoultanious pushing of a button by every1 in your vent skill.

Even maple story has more skills on each class to use than rfo does

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by Renoaku  

Mining in this game except in the core has been reduced to like One Ore per 2-4 minutes, which is pretty lame considering you have to afk mine, or stand there mining, and those who dont afk mine, or leave their pc's on this is a big issue.
    Do battle dungeons instead
    Mining with UMTS you now have to pay real life cash for to mine, and it does cost over $50 a month if you left a umt out 24/7 mining.
    It works out that you get 180 hours mining per 10 USD. You seriously need more than 200mil a month worth of ore? As I said, Battle dungeons if youre broke.
    Ive tried every free mmorpg on the market, even spent hundred's of dollars on donations, and then quit after a couple of months.
    Stop spending so much money then. Money is complexy linked to emotions in todays society - people pay more they suddenly expect more.
    Code Masters does not control this game, the Korean's are in control, and they do not give a damn about what the U.S thinks, or anything, they completely changed the game in a lot of ways, such as chip wars you now have to do a quest each time just to be allowed to mine there, and it gets boring, and lame.
    And theyre constantly streaming new content including space flight in the next completely free expansion.
    Korean's are great, and everything, but when it comes to Fair game play, and everything, such as the game Lineage 2 with only hp Potions, and no mp potions, and lots of downtime for only mages its really annoying.
    Borderline racism? lol Its not only korean games that are unbalanced.
    World Of Warcraft, People call this game gay, but I thought it was gay too till I kept seeing snapshots of this game in other games, and tried it.
    Lets throw in some homophobia too while were at it.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• CzechCzech Member Posts: 42

I don't like you, why... cause you state the obvious and because you ask if RF Online is the best MMO...

Everyone knows the answer and everyone can see and understand the things that you've written about. But you know different people have a different way of thinking. To some, the game may be the best out there to others it's just a piece of ****.

Now that the game is free I think that it's worth playing.

And about the wasting time on this game... Everyone that plays MMOs is wasting time and life. None of the MMOs out there will give you anything great for playing them. You have 2 choices to play them or not. But none and I will say it again NONE of them is a productive time usage.

You're not afraid of the dark, are you?