Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UO is like an wounded pet..

AvernoAverno Member Posts: 27

You know it has to be put down

Its had a good life

But really, its injured & its well beyond its service life

Whenever I talk to people about UO these days, all it gets is a mocking from them for its declining numbers, terrible graphics, rigid character movement and other areas of woe.

UO:KR was a nice thought, but it was too minimal, poorly executed and far too late. There were opportunities to do more than what this expansion did.. UXO & UO2 for example.

We really needed something major like a sequel.. Not just a graphics change.. UO: Third Dawn afterall was a change in graphics, but it, like KR really did nothing to change the game for the better.

I played primarily when UO:R was released and stopped playing a few months after UO:AOR came out. I was really let down at the end of this period.. I felt that AOR was making UO look a little too much like The Sims. The original player buildings in UO were fantastic, the customizable buildings however looked trashy. I also wasnt fond of the Paladin / Necromancer skill lines as I felt they were pushing the game into a rip-off from other MMO's by using what essentially are classes. Resists, same story.

I should put a summary here even though really I want to fill a few more pages. My basic feelings are.. Too many bad design changes, Gifting the game to mythic was a mistake, needed a re-release as a new game - not a poorly made graphics update.. I feel the game has been let down and the thought of what once was UO is now completely lost

I blame EA entirely

- My MMORPG Gaming Blog
http://www.thedaveheresy.com

Comments

• FockerFocker Member Posts: 344

The only thing I disagree with you about is the graphics.  As "out of date" as they might be.  I love the attention to detail it had.  I'm actually looking for another MMORPG game that has the same type of graphics.  I've failed to find one so far, but im still looking.  dont get me wrong, 3d is nice and all, but it doesn't do it for me.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491
    Originally posted by Focker

The only thing I disagree with you about is the graphics.  As "out of date" as they might be.  I love the attention to detail it had.  I'm actually looking for another MMORPG game that has the same type of graphics.  I've failed to find one so far, but im still looking.  dont get me wrong, 3d is nice and all, but it doesn't do it for me.

You're not going to find one.  All graphics from this point forward will probably be the typical 3D. 

• The_Boo_CatThe_Boo_Cat Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 157

I loved the graphics in UO but I think they belong to that game and that game only...they were part of it's charm.  I recently resubbed and was appauled by what had happened to what would still be the best game out if EA hadn't destroyed it.

Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the reviews of MMORPG.com or its management.

Neil Thompson
    Staff Writer
    MMORPG.com