Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I give this game a 10/10 based on my vision of it in the future after some patches

Right now Hellgate london is not worth playing. However, if you really think about it the game has tons of potential. After the bugs are fixed, HGL can address the gameplay problems and make the combat funner; and can balance the classes. Since the game is released, there will be ample people to test the game so that they can polish it into a finished product.

Hellgate london has the potential to be a 10/10 game after several months of unending development. Therefore, it deserves a 10/10 for this awesome release that will become so much better.

I would have given it an 8/10 after the patches (which I'm sure will arrive), but since Flagship studios is a new company that had to fund the game out of their life savings, we can ignore the flaws and give the game a 10/10.

Comments

• StrezzStrezz Member Posts: 45

a 10/10 for a bugged out game? Man you must be in a good mood!

Do you seriously mean, that your happy that you got to pay full price, for a game that's not done yet?

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

I agree 100%. I gave it a 9.1/10 but it could easily become a 10/10. Freshest game I've played in a long time. Play with a party of 5 friends/clanmates on a computer that can handle good graphics, it's ridiculously fun.

Originally posted by Strezz

Do you seriously mean, that your happy that you got to pay full price, for a game that's not done yet?

The MMO market is so bland and dry right now to me. Played WoW for 2 years and EQ1, CoV, Shadowbane, UO, and EvE each for a few months. And I've done so many trials and betas for other games I'd rather not think of them all right now. But yes I would gladly pay for an unfinished HG:L then any of those fully done games atm. I doubt you have even played retail of it...

Originally posted by jus10datl

The MMO market is so bland and dry right now to me. Played WoW for 2 years and EQ1, CoV, Shadowbane, UO, and EvE each for a few months. And I've done so many trials and betas for other games I'd rather not think of them all right now. But yes I would gladly pay for an unfinished HG:L then any of those fully done games atm. I doubt you have even played retail of it...

Hey...

I too find myself trying Trial after trial, and beta after beta, since i have lost interest in all my favorite MMO's, and i am gonna try out HG:L too in the near future!

But i cant see the idea, in paying full price, for bugged games at all... that be Tabula Rasa (Did play the Beta!) or any other unfinished product... I find it to be a problem, that we, as consumers, get more and more unfinished products, and the developers dont seem to care much, that they're sending out these "ongoing projects"...

Before we know of it; we'll be paying for beta acces too....

Yeah I understand you completely. See I lucked out and because I was a beta tester I can play the full version for free till Nov 7. I'm 100% sure that I will buy it on that day

You have the option to play for free if you want which I will probably do for the first month or two just to make sure everything is shaping up nicely, which it is so far. We've had a Halloween Event and some new british holiday event started today. The demo sucked balls compared to the retail and I feel like everyone is basing their opinion of this game off if the dumb demo because the retail rocks.

• CaabCaab Member Posts: 20

by your hippy logic every single game ever made should be rated 10/10 based on the fact that at some point in time it might happen to get fixed and improved.  Go back to your drum circle and keep you flawed logic off the internet.

Originally posted by Caab

by your hippy logic every single game ever made should be rated 10/10 based on the fact that at some point in time it might happen to get fixed and improved.  Go back to your drum circle and keep you flawed logic off the internet.

Your intellegence speaks for itself. Have a little faith for the creators of Diablo you close-minded fool. Next time try to speak like you know something instead of talking out of your ass and insulting people.

P.S. Check the top scoring game on this website.... there's a reason it's there you crotch waffle.

Let me see if i get this right... it's possible to play for free, AND to pay??? What's the catch?

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Mmmmmmmmm.........Waffles..........

Subscribers can create guilds or become officers, PvP arenas, frequent added content, but you can still play with the non-subs. Non-subs can only be guild members with no chance of an officer position. Supposedly the non-subs will want to pay once they hear from the subs how cool everything is.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Originally posted by tylerthedrui

Right now Hellgate london is not worth playing. However, if you really think about it the game has tons of potential. After the bugs are fixed, HGL can address the gameplay problems and make the combat funner; and can balance the classes. Since the game is released, there will be ample people to test the game so that they can polish it into a finished product.
    Hellgate london has the potential to be a 10/10 game after several months of unending development. Therefore, it deserves a 10/10 for this awesome release that will become so much better.
    Er..... can't tell if you are using sarcasm here or not........

You didn't happen to be a fan of Vanguard did you?  Stating a game deserves a 10/10 on its potential just doesn't make any sense......  A good idea does not make a good game...all that matters is excellent execution and results..... (show me da money)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TedDansonTedDanson Member Posts: 513

Your intellegence speaks for itself. Have a little faith for the creators of Diablo you close-minded fool. Next time try to speak like you know something instead of talking out of your ass and insulting people.

P.S. Check the top scoring game on this website.... there's a reason it's there you crotch waffle.

Uhhh...In case you haven't noticed EVERY game is number one for a few days after it releases. This is because the amount of people who have voted on it raise the percentage higher. As time goes on they inevitably lower on the board.

Anyways, I'd rate HG:L a 7 out of 10. It's good, and can definitely get better.

Damn nice quote "What happens when a player leaves EVE to go play WOW? The intelligence level of both games goes up" Mad props if you made that up

This game have never even touched my "MUST HAVE" list, but now i find myself reading reviews, drooling over the idea...

Got to try this one....!

Originally posted by TedDanson

Uhhh...In case you haven't noticed EVERY game is number one for a few days after it releases. This is because the amount of people who have voted on it raise the percentage higher. As time goes on they inevitably lower on the board.

I was just giving my opinion which seems to be more of a problem to people if its good about a game then bad. I know that HG:L isn't for every player. I like fast, non-stop action... I've done enough time consuming mount riding in WoW. I don't like auto-attack combat either. Those are just two of the many reasons I gave it my rating.

• fervorfervor Member Posts: 145

Seriously, if you like action RPG style gameplay at all, you will love this game.  I find it to be extremely addicting and many people have said the same.

For me, this game was easily worth the purchase and I've already been playing for months (beta).  I love it now and with patches that add new functionality, it should get even better.

I recently bought Guitar Hero 3 and Bioshock for my Xbox 360.  Consider just how good those two games are and the fact that I'm still spending a big chunk of my leisure time playing HGL.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

The addiction in this game are:

FREE or SUBS can play! FPS mode or RPG style.

TONS of LOOT when you kill regular NPCs, open chests and RARE / EPIC NPC spawns as well.

Secret Passages with just a TREASURE ROOM full of goodies.

TONS of differents WEAPONS (Sticks, knives, Swords, Machines Guns, RPGs, Tactical Missles, SONIC ELECTRONIC BALLBREAKERS!)

Blood Guts, Heads being sawed off with guns and swords, eerie screams and just pure madness! Got friends? EVEN more fun, mobs are harder and plenty for all your online friends when teamed together. There is no NINJA looting and everyone gets their own share of the wealth.

You can UPGRADE you gear / weapons with items you breakdown whether Legendary, Rares or just regular greens.

This game has alot of potential for addiction despite the current bugs. A Most ENJOYABLE GAME!!

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771

Let me see if i get this right... it's possible to play for free, AND to pay??? What's the catch?

That is called choice.  You can pay $50 for a bike or $1000 for a motorcycle or a quarter million for a Mercedes, you can also choose your pair of legs, and that is free.  What's the catch?  Free choice, to each his own.

I refrained from using adjectives or terms like stupid, moron, rip-off, ... I try to present an argument without provocation, as you have done the same.

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by TedDanson

I don't think so.  I think the overall rating is an average of the rating each of us give.  If everyone rush in and give it a 1/10, it will be 1/10 overall.  The highest overall rating games are CoX, EQ2, Lotro, WoW ... all of them arer years+ old (except Lotro).

• tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304

Everyone, everyone.

I was being sarcastic. You can't rate a game based on what it will be, what the company is, or what it can potentially be.

• lordsn0wlordsn0w Member Posts: 99

Hmm, so you are a troll. What was the point of this thread? perhaps you should have posted it in general discussion as a '' dont rate a game on potential" rather  then a sarcastic, ''witty' thread on the HG:L  forum.

• tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304

But I find it so amusing how many people like the poster of 'the bias' think that a game can be rated on what it isn't.

No I'm not a troll, I'm making an honest argument here.

• lordsn0wlordsn0w Member Posts: 99

Yes you are making a valid argument but you are doing it in the wrong place, does making a thread in a forum for said game not seem like nothing but bait for a fight?

• cptgamecptgame Member Posts: 109

Would you happen to know the lottle number of next month? I could use some quick cash.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

The catch is seeing if you can guess which of the free content will suddenly be made available only to subscribers.