Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Ball Online will Launch in 2008

Comments

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

haha sounds like fun, they should however fix the graphics, there appauling

KAMMMEEYYHAAAMEEEYYYHAAAAA!

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

the graphics doesnt look that bad

man we used to love that thing when i was a kid.

i might try it when it comes out

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

See, I loved this as a kid, but now in retrospect, it has THE worst story ever.

I'm a little tempted to check it out, but my common sense is kicking me in the nads for even thinking about it.

And the various players named "Gouoookuuuuuuu" and "V3g3taaaa26" are going to piss me off.

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

How many people in the Beta?

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAND!!

Chris Mattern

• KiyokiyoKiyokiyo Member Posts: 6

I can't really explain how I feel about this game... I loved DBZ... it just kept getting worse and worse after the Frieza saga..  I guess it'll be okay to play as a game for a short while though... it's not like I didn't ask for it to be an mmo when I was little...

• ShijukiShijuki Member UncommonPosts: 318

This is going to be the ultimate fanboy magnet for sure, dont get me wrong I wish them all the best of luck on this, however the community is going to ruin the game at least in my opinion. I can only imagine how many players are going to name their toon SSJ<insert favourite character>.

• Jimmy_ScytheJimmy_Scythe Member CommonPosts: 3,586

I'm sure this will make money and all that....

My issue is that this IP already has a large number of games already out for it. Most of them are crap, but there are exceptions. And by exceptions I mean the Dragonball Z Budokai series. I'm expecting the fourth part of the series to finally include online play.

For PC users, you can always Play Bid For Power for free. The graphics are almost as good as the screenshots above.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I would be very concerned with the storeyline on this MMORPG. The series was all over the place. Not to mention everyone will be popping beans over and over again in the middle of a fight. I might try it out, if only for comical value

Torrential

• Jo-GamerJo-Gamer Member Posts: 120

The interface is idential to WoW/LOTRO =P

• QuraqQuraq Member Posts: 1

lol, you're kiddin right? It looks a bit like a WoW rip-off and isn't DBZ a bit, well, old? Anyway, beside my doubts, It might actually be fun to play. Because I've allways loved the series... but I'm wondering what this game will bring...

@ Jimmy_Scythe : Bid for Power is a lot worse when you look at the graphics. It's not really that simular.

• MR-BubblesMR-Bubbles Member Posts: 649
    Originally posted by Jo-Gamer

The interface is idential to WoW/LOTRO =P

There is always one.  [rolles eyes]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Retired from: Neocron, Everquest, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, RF Online and Final Fantasy VII

Currently Playing : EvE Online.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Reminds me of Saturday morning cartoons, sorry no thanks, a bit too old for MMO's like this.

• binary_0011binary_0011 Member Posts: 528
    Originally posted by Czzarre

I would be very concerned with the storeyline on this MMORPG. The series was all over the place. Not to mention everyone will be popping beans over and over again in the middle of a fight. I might try it out, if only for comical value
    Torrential

i think this would be like LOTR or COH, you cant play as the key character. The key character will be the NPC/Trainer.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Think about how long a fight takes in the show.

I sure as hell hope they fix that little problem in the game.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• NetzokoNetzoko Member Posts: 1,271

Oh look!

It's World of Warcraft with stupid anime skins. How tap-dancing original.

-------------------------

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561

[sarcasm]Yeah, the player portraits, minimap, action bar buttons and chat log look completely different.[/sarcasm]

• thranmorrowthranmorrow Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by Aguy

[sarcasm]Yeah, the player portraits, minimap, action bar buttons and chat log look completely different.[/sarcasm]

ummm... those things are in most mmo ui's, they are not excactly exclusive to WoW.

well... they need to make Dragon ball mmorpg looks like Anime, they cant make it looks like Lotr, EQ, Lineage 2 or star war right? common sense..

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Childish imo.... I hate anime anyway, so i'd rather play something else.

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

ooh....i care......

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by binary_0011

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

ooh....i care......

You shouldn't *rolls eyes*

As if I care they're making a Dragon Ball MMO, my opinion, you got a problem with that?

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

The graphics look perfect for the game.  There is more to graphics then making them look ultra-realistic.  When you compare it to the Mushroom shaped trees and broken land type terrain, the graphics make perfect sense.

However, the real issue seems to be in character customization and if you can fly.  If you can't fly this game is an instant fail.  Also in character customization, I think if you can only choose looks based after the main characters, it will get boring fast.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

"As if I care they're making a Dragon Ball MMO, my opinion, you got a problem with that?"

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• Bane82Bane82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,242

I used to love this when I was a kid, but I don't know if I'd want to play it. I do love the 2d looking graphics, I've been waiting for an MMO to come out to implement cell shaded 3d into an MMO. But as someone said, I know I'm going to be concerned with what the community will be like. I guess we'll see, I might give it a shot but I'll have to REALLY think hard about it. If it's F2P then I know from the get go I won't get it. I do hope this will open the doors for more MMO's to try the cell shaded approach since it would just add more to the immersion of a game (IMO anyway... I don't want to play in a wolrd that tries to be realistic in absolutely every single aspect)