Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Levelling advice?

daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,693

I made a warrior the other day as a newb and have been slowly working up my levels.  I'm curious what a good technique is for grinding level, pt's, skill pt's, etc?  I ask because I see people who started the same time as me, but yet are 10-15 levels higher now.

Here is what I have been doing:  After gaining a level, I work my shield pt until it is maxed for my level.  This results normally in my maxing force pt because I use dark spell buffs to keep me from getting too bored.  I then switch to my weakest close combat weapon and grind close combat and defense until they are at about 60%.  I do all this on one or two dot mobs so at this point I normally only have about 20% xp toward next level.  Lastly I switch to my best weapon and go farm multi-dot mobs or quest mobs until I ding a level and then repeat.  I've just about got it down to the point that I spend very little time at max PT's before I level except for force and shield.  Note also that periodically I throw in some ranged grinding to maintain my proper level of Ranger armor.

My theory is that rather than entering pvp at 30 with only one or two skills at max pt, I have several if not all.  It also means that I am grinding PTs while pots are still low cost, hopefully saving money in the process.  Is my logic all wrong or am I on the right track?

Comments

• s0ulls0ull Member Posts: 186

Yeah your doing great and exactly the way anyone that wants to do well in this game should. The people that have raced 10-15 levels higher than you have ignored their PT's, this means that they'll be what is described as gimped. Basically you'll find PvE and PvP much easier than they will in the long run. Keep at what your doing if your not getting bored and are happy to level like that then carry on :)

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,693

Thanks for the reply.  I had a feeling those guys were going to be regretting their decision to push through the levels, but wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing.

• OlsonatorOlsonator Member Posts: 61

wow i should start doing that. i amone of those just wnat to kill type yet i take alot of potions u.u but yeah i should start goin with that plan. thanks for posting this. i learned sumthing today XD. stillnto plannin on using ranged stuff any way. =/

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

Originally posted by Olsonator

wow i should start doing that. i amone of those just wnat to kill type yet i take alot of potions u.u but yeah i should start goin with that plan. thanks for posting this. i learned sumthing today XD. stillnto plannin on using ranged stuff any way. =/

yea.. in most p2p games its better to level ur sub-training skills.. like either for combat or a trade skill.. but alot ppl "spoiled" on free mmo's aka pure grind games dont know that.. but if you play a game like FFXI for a long time or NeoCron and others, your pretty much use to it... i find it funner also.. i hate doing one thing on repeat.. thats what mentally-retarded ppl do.. it always seemed so linear yea kno. but i guess u kant expect much out most free mmo's.. to find something different is a treat indeed. so this looks slightly interesting

but the problem kums on sum that they THINK they have a game worth paying such and such a month + for the game and 80 to 90% content is still grind... thats not good to do.. u kan get that for free yea know.. so they end up not getting a high player base and going free later on

Aion might do this.. i know Tabula Rasa will.

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World

• BOYVIRGO666BOYVIRGO666 Member Posts: 158

the only skills i try to stay current on my destroyer are defense and melee....maybe shield if im feeling frisky.

but on average i ignore the range skills

genius inside insanity

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

dont bother getting up range skill if ur a warrior though >_>